2014 finds

Reaction score
HAPPY NEW YEAR! and get off Facebook!!! :p

Anyway I just found out the local Kmart is closing.
Kmart in Montgomery to close - Aurora Beacon News
I know I bought a lot of my original toys there. Transformers, Star Wars, & G.I. Joe. :'(
wedge was lucky enough to find the recent exclusives there
I was lucky to haggle a big AT-AT down to $100 when we were all trying to get them online for the sale.
I'm pretty sure Kmart will fade away & all that will be left is Sears.
Is the Joliet store staying open? That will be our closest one then.

Any Mara Jade wave showing up around town?

Reaction score
Has anyone found some G.I. Joe Night Vipers at TRU?
The Aurora store is a bust as usual.

Reaction score
I heard that TJ maxx had the MTT for about $60. Anyone see that? I will wait. If it ever goes on clearance at TJ Maxx for $30, I might get one. I guess Hasbro made a bad choice with this.

Reaction score
I heard that TJ maxx had the MTT for about $60. Anyone see that? I will wait. If it ever goes on clearance at TJ Maxx for $30, I might get one. I guess Hasbro made a bad choice with this.
It may not be the coolest looking vehicle - but the action feature of the battle droid rack popping out is one of the coolest in my entire collection, and the mini-rig you can stash in the back is a pretty cool feature too. So yes, lame big vehicle - but built in a very fun way that in my mind is worth at least $60 (though my wife bought it as a birthday gift for me and spent much more).

Reaction score
Not really-it's just a stock dumping ground. They cleared the AT-TE's for $50 on down at one point too, as well as some other huge G.I. Joe and Star Wars sets.

Reaction score
I am in search of a near by Lego buddy to take advantage of the bogoho offers TRU has. I routinely can go to any of the TRU stores from Racine WI through Niles IL. PM me if you think you would be interested. Thank you.

Reaction score
I'll be your buddy, Peter, but I don't buy Legos (might by the Ghostbusters set for the kids).

I'd be up for meeting for lunch again, though.

Reaction score
6 inch black series fett

Keep an eye out for the black series 6 inch wave with Fett in it at your Targets. I picked him up yesterday at the Target off rt 59 and rt 72 up in Barrington yesterday. They had a bunch of greedos I wasn't interested in, and the slave leia hanging on the pegs too - I'm guessing those two are in the same case. I think I got that last Fett, though I didn't look that hard since he was hanging in front.

I'm not sold on the 6 inch scale but Fett is my favorite so I had to at least get him.

Reaction score
C2E2 finds

I was amazed to see vendors trying to sell some of the Five Below/Ross G.I. Joe waves for $18 or above. There were some pretty high Star Wars Black waves too.

Anyone go to Kane Sunday?

Reaction score
Happened to be in Kildeer/Lake Zurick. Saw (and left) at the Goodwill store there: vintage Y-Wing Fighter, white TIE Fighter, Cloud Car, Hoth Imperial Attack Base, Ewok Village (missing one tree), AT-AT. All $5 or $6.

Reaction score
Happened to be in Kildeer/Lake Zurick. Saw (and left) at the Goodwill store there: vintage Y-Wing Fighter, white TIE Fighter, Cloud Car, Hoth Imperial Attack Base, Ewok Village (missing one tree), AT-AT. All $5 or $6.
Bummer. It was gone today.

Reaction score
Bummer. It was gone today.

Has anyone seen anything good at Tuesday Morning? I'd heard they had some rarer vintage waves recently.

Also haven't checked TJ Maxx, Ross, or Marshalls lately - anyone else? If you are looking for Black Series- Disney Store seems to be the place to get it. I was at the one downtown on Michigan avenue a couple weeks ago and picked up the Mara Jade wave and they had plenty of everyone.

Reaction score
Has anyone seen anything good at Tuesday Morning? I'd heard they had some rarer vintage waves recently.

Also haven't checked TJ Maxx, Ross, or Marshalls lately - anyone else? If you are looking for Black Series- Disney Store seems to be the place to get it. I was at the one downtown on Michigan avenue a couple weeks ago and picked up the Mara Jade wave and they had plenty of everyone.
i picked up a Star Wars packaging grievous. Battle droid and vc palpatine at Tuesday morning in Chicago.

Reaction score
damnnnnn I completely forgot about this thread.

anyways... lets see what can I say-

first of all, some Meijers by me STILL have some TVC stuff,, but its the wanted TPM or Sith stuff, I forget now, I probably have it wrong. lets just say its not the OTC stuff. I know there are folks who like the movies outside of OTC and I respect that. To me, I find it to be "crap" but I wont diss or put it down because I know folks that would like it and I respect that.

I been going to TUES and havent found any TVC at all. I have hit the Naperville store.

I was to a FIVE last month at random and found no SW toys at all.

I visited the comic shop on 75th street in Naperville, saw loose vintage star wars but have no idea what it is.... I didnt bother to look closely they had it all shrink wrapped. They also had newer Black Series and a boatload of POTF2 stuff. Many star wars comics as well.

I want to visit the Kane County show and see you guys who go next time.

thats all for now....

Reaction score
I've seen a few Merumeru wookies at some Walgreens. It seems once again prequel figures are clogging the pegs. The Luminara waves are at Targets.

Reaction score
Has anyone seen Transformers Generations Skrapnel (Shrapnel) anywhere?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Did you guys get my text on Saturday?

Finding Fett wasn't really a problem (I think I saw 6). The problem was finding the others. I know Jason said he found one on Saturday, and I am pretty sure Pepper got the one I left in Yorkville. Did you guys get one?

Reaction score
Rebel Travel Agent

Torryn Farr was around Toys R Us in Algonquin esterday, more than a few were there on the pegs.
It's pretty funny how excited we all get over finding a rebel with a headset. Wooo Dad look - I got the rebel travel agent :p

I found her at the TRU by Golf Mill last week.

Now I just need to find a cool chair and console to go with her.