2 New Endor Soldiers

Reaction score
Looks like they are listening to the fans about army building for a change. 2 different scultps that are noticeably different.

tf2002endorsoldiers.jpg

[ 02-10-2002: Message edited by: rebeltrader ]

Reaction score
It's an okay figure but why did they do it before characters like imperial dignatry? And the first figure is still nice. It's a good figure though i love the head variant idea although i'll probably only get one (the tom Green look alike).

Reaction score
For anyone who thought the REbel Fleet Trooper didn't survive the boarding of the Tantive IV,

He did... He's trooper #2 (Right), and look, he's matured and grown a mustache (And filled in that nasty gash in the back of his skull!)

Reaction score
I'm pretty pumped about these figures and plan on pimping out my Endor diorama with many of these Endor Trooper upgrades. I think they were chosen over the Imperial Dignitaries because more people prefer figures that actually have some action scenes in the movie as opposed to wrinkled old men in purple suits. But don't get me wrong, I would love to see a Dignitary 2-pk sometime in the very near future.

As for the Endor soldiers, do you all think they will be a 2-pk? Personally I think it would be a good move and might start getting more army-builders in 2-pks which is great for army-building and encourages opening figures in my opinion.

Looks like in addition to the removable helmets we are getting removable vests and wrist articulation. These are also in a much better stance than the POTF2 version which seemed a little awkard and had a very odd left hand sculpt.

tongue.gif

Reaction score
Hey Chewie, we're on at the same time (You out drinking too?)

From what I can gather, the articulation's like the Imperial Officer. It's 3 arm points per arm (Top of gloves, bicep, shoulder) so he can hold a rifle with 2 hands AND look normal... The only difference appears to be the head, so I'd assume the 2nd will have a hat as well... The rifles are AWESOME updates (Painted the straps even, and blaster effects, I'm giddy with anticipation!).

The vests, while a 2part job (Sweet!) are not fully removeable, as the shoulders are molded to the body (And help cover the "Gap" where the vest meets the arm).

Anyhoo, it'd be 100% a flawless figure (From first glance) if the grenade bandoleir came off, but I'm not counting on that from the looks...

Awesome, this is hands down the biggest surprise of TF for me, and a welcome one. I'm already planning customization of these badboys!

Reaction score
No, I didn't go out tonight but I sure could use a cold one about now. I'm trying to stay awake as long as I can to get my schedule where it needs to be as I will be working the midnight shift for the next week. If I can just stay awake until 8am I can go to sleep and get back up in the evening to go to work...........
blush.gif

Anyway, this was a definite surprise for me as well. I was very pleased to see this and it brings a great hope for more variety in army-builders. The Star Wars line has been around for 25 years and they're just now figuring this out?

Hasbro's doing good though with these Toyfare pics and I am very pleased. I'll
definitely pull an all-nighter the night the AOTC toys are released!

tongue.gif

G

Zzzzzzzzzzzz... I don't know... They look great, but I'm not really exited, boring figures. I see nuthin' special about 'em.

Reaction score
Never before made uniforms

FLAWLESS articulation

Multiple head variants

Removeable helmets (With undone straps even, nice detail)

Improved weapon

AMAZING sculpt

What's not impressive? These will be in my top ten of all time I have a feeling.

Reaction score
I can see why humans are dull, we see them all the time. I will admit that Djas Puhr's a more "Visual" kinda guy.

Still, I'm an army builder, and these are LONG awaited on my list... Some Hoth guys are now on my agenda!

G

JesseJames, you listed great points, I must admit it. I don't know why, but I still can't get exited about 'em...
frown.gif
Maybe when I'll see 'em carded.

Reaction score
I recently picked this figure back up, after having used my set for custom fodder many years ago! I always liked the figure, just wasn't crazy about the legs. I acquired the bearded version, so I'll have to track down the clean shaven trooper as well. The reason I'm resurrecting this thread though - has anyone noticed on the bubble photo insert that it looks like he's holding a lightsaber hilt?!

Rebelscum.com: Photo Archive

PS: great to see the hand painted prototypes at the start of the thread.

Reaction score
Found this on google, the still photo its based on. Why are the rebels capturing Luke? They also appear to have given him CGI facial hair.

tumblr_o1duikSz4o1v3rq1ho1_1280.jpg