1997 Greedo Mask repair and upgrade

Reaction score
Not so much a custom but considering replacing the eyes with after market filtered lenses. Recently scored this mask on ebay in fair condition. Looks like a dog or an eager child has had a go at poor Greedo's hair! Mask not in hand as yet so if any of you own this mask I'd appreciate your help. Going to create new hair with latex tubing. Do any of you know the diameter of the hair and also the diameter of the eye cups. I have a half mannequin form and a newly purchased cosplay outfit to display with this in the Star Wars cave.

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure mine started to melt before I tossed it. Looking forward to seeing this develop!

Reaction score
Wow I discovered this beautifully designed articulated hand designed by Russian artist Sviatoslav Gerasimchuk and literally sent a light bulb off in my brain for the display, will be perfect for holding the blaster. It's called Biot hand and is superb. Has a range of motion far beyond anything else available. Plan to attach this to a simple armature affixed to the mannequin form that will be adjustable. Will add length to the fingers and add the suction cups then paint etc, very cool!

Reaction score
Well the BIOS hand never happened due to the seller never making contact so went with this cool 3D printed Terminator hand instead. Should be able to set whatever pose desired. Slowly coming together now.

Current progress...

Last edited:
Reaction score
Decided to have a go at the cheap rubber glove conversion. Basically purchased two pairs and butchered one to provide the longer fingers using duct tape inside and cyanoacrylate cement or super glue applied to the outer. Attached 20mm suction cups to the finger tips. Used plastic tubing to sure up the finger tips. Plan to give these several cotes of latex paint to match the mask and to hide the seams. Some material needs to be trimmed to achieve the taper.

Reaction score
That is pretty cool so far.
Cheers Utinniii, Still a lot to do but should be great fun on display. It's turning into a complete cosplay set, funny it's in my size. Friend gave me the body form and scored the mask off ebay...the rest is the standard slippery slope into nerd obsession.

Reaction score
Hands with two cotes of diluted aliphatic glue brushed on which has a fine texture to it. Will do a few more cotes before applying the latex Rodian skin tone. Added some details, the knuckles are the original finger tips.

IMG_0718.JPG

Reaction score
What an amazing cool project! Love it.
Your control over the materials is excellent. These hands!
About the hair: why not use the plastic covers of electric wire, out of which you have pulled the wires themselves?
Than you have open tubes that are flexibel. Paint them and done.

Reaction score
What an amazing cool project! Love it.
Your control over the materials is excellent. These hands!
About the hair: why not use the plastic covers of electric wire, out of which you have pulled the wires themselves?
Than you have open tubes that are flexibel. Paint them and done.
Thanks Yoda36! Wow that's a cool idea for the hair, I didn't think of that one. Instead I purchased some 5mm latex tubing, you can see where they have perished over time but I'll only replace the worst of it. Thanks for your input and yes this has taken on a life of its own, never intended to get this crazy.