1987 Mid Ohio Con - Mansfield, Ohio

Reaction score
I know this is a total long shot, but here goes . . .

Way back in the year 1987, I remember going to the Mid Ohio Con with my father. It was a great time and I met Frank Miller and got his autograph on some books including the Batman Year One run in the Batman comic series and an auto on a TPB of The Dark Knight Returns.

Anyways, one of the coolest things I remember seeing was a small bust of the Swamp Thing made specifically for the show. I remember it being about the size of a GG bust today, but it was only of Swamp Thing's head. I recall his eyes were almost a blood red and it really stood out. The detail on this thing was amazing. They put it up for an auction and I believe it went for over $200. At that time, as a 14 year old, I couldn't believe it went for that amount of money and thought wow, I would love to own it!

I always wondered what happened to that bust and if anyone from here might have gone to the show back in 1987 and remembered seeing it.

Reaction score
First off, I wasn't there and can't help. But wanted to wish you well if finding someone that may know something about it or saw it. Pretty cool story and impressed by how vivid your memory of this is.

Ross