12" Zuckuss, Dengar and Imperial Officer

Reaction score
Check out this huge pic from the toyfair being shown over at Yak's.

BUT BEWARE A POTENTIAL SPOILER ON THE BOTTOM EDGE OF THE PIC(RIGHT SIDE WHEN CORRECTLY ORRIENTATED)

Oh yeah...

Can't wait to see more pics and to get detailed desciptions very soon.....

EDIT:To add warning

[ 02-10-2002: Message edited by: Greejo ]

Reaction score
Man, those really look great! Let me be the first to say "damn seagulls" about Zuckuss.

I can't wait for this wave!!!

I wonder what's going to be so special about that new Vader back there. As far as I'm concerned, they already made the perfect 12" Vader.

Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by apokolips:

I wonder what's going to be so special about that new Vader back there. As far as I'm concerned, they already made the perfect 12" Vader.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is it jsut me or does that Vader look like it could be this Vader http://www.rebelscum.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=24&t=003004 ?

I didn't see the artice on theforce.net,. so I don't know if they said that Vader (on the board link) was 3 3/4" scale or not, but they do look similar...

[ 02-10-2002: Message edited by: Krilzedlim ]

Reaction score
I was just checking out the pics on the offical site and came across this snippet of info...

From StarWars.com
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><HR>The tradition of 12" figures will continue in 2002 with three assortments. The first wave has Attack of the Clones characters Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker and a ***** ******* in time for the film release. Also from Clones will be the fall release that includes ***** ***** and ***** ***********. A third pre-holiday wave of classic characters Dengar, Zuckuss and an Imperial Officer is planned. All of these figures feature enhanced articulation and soft clothing.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I put in the ***'s to avoid spoilers.
So does this say what I hope it does? Is the 12" line after the first wave of AotC figs(or including them) to have "enhanced articulation"?

Have the 12" collectors prayers been answered or is it just wishful thinking.
The Imperial Officer for one shows indications of a different body base as does one of the AotC figs....???

Any thoughts?

[ 02-11-2002: Message edited by: Greejo ]

G

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Greejo:

Have the 12" collectors prayers been answered or is it just wishful thinking.

[ 02-11-2002: Message edited by: Greejo ]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll make sure I put in an extra prayer tonight before I goto bed greejo!

I'm sick of the CRAPOLOA 12 inch bodies we have been getting!

Reaction score
I can not get over the sculpt on the Dengar fig....
....check out this shot. What can you say...great stuff

Not to mention this great shot of Zuckuss from rebelscums own coverage.

Too bad we have to wait until late this year to pick them up....

Reaction score
Finally, more bounty hunters are coming! And the quality looks pretty good. Yeah!!!

[ 02-11-2002: Message edited by: rmschneider104 ]

Reaction score
12" Dengar & 12" Zuckuss look awesome! I can't wait to add these two bounty hunters to my collection. I was sort of afraid that Hasbro would bunk it with Dengar (since they tend to make human characters poorly), but judging from the Toy Fair pics, he looks great.

Reaction score
Greetings,

My first time ever posting to a forum of any type... jitters!

Yes, I just went and took a look at these three: Dengar, Zuckuss, and the Imperial Officer. For the most part, very nice stuff; that picture of Dengar from Sir Steve's guide is just fantastic--thank you, Greejo! I'm sure all of the detailing is going to be just out of this world, as always, but...

To be honest, my first reaction when I saw Zuckuss (one of my favorite characters in the SW universe) was "
." Maybe it's just one of those things where real life and photography don't quite match up, or it may be some kind of perspective issue, but for some reason Zuckuss is looking kind of... strange proportions-wise? Are these the final versions that we're seeing?

Worry not, I still completely plan on getting him, and I'm sure that his detailing is going to be as wicked cool as it was on the 3.75" version. Besides, I don't claim to know anything about how these things are sculpted. It's just... his head seems a little large, and the gun... Any thoughts?

Cheers and best wishes to you all. I look very much forward to further foruming!

... the Findswoman

Reaction score
Dengar & Zuckuss look cool and I am looking forward to buying more Bounty Hunters. I am not so sure about the other two. I will need to seem better pictures of them before I can decide.

Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Findswoman:
Greetings,

My first time ever posting to a forum of any type... jitters!

Cheers and best wishes to you all. I look very much forward to further foruming!

... the Findswoman
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Welcome to the forums, FW. I hope you enjoy your stay!

Reaction score
Yes welcome Findswoman....I hope you enjoy your stay.
I would not worry just yet....the Zuckuss looked fairly early to me....but then again what do I know..

...again welcome.

Reaction score
Thanks for the encouragement, Greejo... I'm sure you (and most people in this forum) probably know far more about these things than I do!

The official release of these three figures is going to be this fall or so, right?

Many thanks to everyone for the warm welcome!

... the Findswoman

Reaction score
Findswoman the releases, as I understand them, for 12" figs this year go AotC wave 1 in April, a single 100th Luke style(I wont mention names for spoilers sake) release shortly after that.
The second AotC wave in your Fall/Autumn(Spring for me) and the Bounty Hunter/Imperial wave at the very end of the year(winter for you, summer for me) just in time for Christmas.
I'm pretty sure thats correct. So that should give them plenty of time to pretty up that Zuckuss for you
....hope that helps.

Reaction score
Thanks again, Greejo. But what a long time to wait!
Wasn't it supposed to be last (Northern Hemisphere) winter that these were supposed to come out? ... Ah well, what can you do?

In any case, one thing I sure hope they dont change is that Dengar. That face is just... something else again!

Any one else have thoughts on the whole scaling issue?

... the Findswoman

Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Findswoman:
Thanks again, Greejo. But what a long time to wait!
Wasn't it supposed to be last (Northern Hemisphere) winter that these were supposed to come out? ... Ah well, what can you do?

In any case, one thing I sure hope they dont change is that Dengar. That face is just... something else again!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Being a movie year I feel the OT will take a slight back seat this year.....but looking at that Dengar, at least the wait will be worth it.
......and some of the 12" E2 stuff(one in particular
) is incredible.

Dax

Reaction score
No it's not just you Findswoman, Zuckuss' noggin is bloody huge! Now as I'm informed because of the type of materials used and the cooling process involved the hard copy sculpts of figure heads in the 12" range are always oversized to begin with. The heads when cast in holo eurathane do shrink about 25% I'm told from the original casting size. Let's just hope they do get it right with this figure as I'm really looking forward to him and have been for a long time now

Dax

Reaction score
<long sigh of relief>

Thanks, Dax! That's really good to know. 25% of that size should be just right.

But then why aren't Dengar's and Mr. Officer's heads also equally huge? Did they just happen to reach "final" status sooner than Zuckuss?

I know I'm asking a lot of questions, but it's neat to finally learn how these things are made!

... the Findswoman