12" tfa r2-d2

Reaction score
Looks like they are adding R2-D2 to the line up. I cannot tell what the extra parts are above his dome?? I've only been picking up OT figures from this line.

Reaction score
R2 looks great but what I really hope he's close or true to 1/6 scale. And for the price I will get few to repaint in to different astromech droids.

But just please let it be close to 1/6 scale, tons of ktbashibg use

Reaction score
Picked up the droid 3 pack from Target...
Here are some comparison pics with the 12" FAO Schwartz 3PO/R2 2 pack 12"

Reaction score
Picked up the droid 3 pack from Target...
Here are some comparison pics with the 12" FAO Schwartz 3PO/R2 2 pack 12"

I just saw those sets pop up on Ebay 2days ago and I went to my local Target yesterday but they didn't have any.
And was wondering how they held up against other 12inch and 1/6 scale figures by Sideshow. Also want them for kitbashing, so I really want to get a set or two.

But I have few questions, how tall are the three? Is bb-8's head held by magnets or plug into the body or how?
do you have any Sideshow r2-d2 or c3po to compare sizes?
how much does the set retail?

and thanks for the pictures. I hope I can find a set soon

Reaction score
I just saw those sets pop up on Ebay 2days ago and I went to my local Target yesterday but they didn't have any.
And was wondering how they held up against other 12inch and 1/6 scale figures by Sideshow. Also want them for kitbashing, so I really want to get a set or two.

But I have few questions, how tall are the three? Is bb-8's head held by magnets or plug into the body or how?
do you have any Sideshow r2-d2 or c3po to compare sizes?
how much does the set retail?

and thanks for the pictures. I hope I can find a set soon
29.99 Target has an end cap display in the DVD section. Also there are the Disney Star Wars Tsum Tsum mini plush, books, dvds, some hero mashers I think. Been to 2 stores and both had the set up. I didn't find them at first, so I punched in the the DPCI on the scanner 087-06-0046 and it showed the aisle number they were in.
I only have a couple 12" sideshow from the early days and most are still boxed. I have all the Kenner/Hasbro 12"
3PO is 11" which is nice next to a 12" figure, as he looks more to scale. The Hasbro 3POs were always too big looking. They won't compare to sideshow or HotToys droids for sure, but for $10 each the sculpts are pretty good.
BB8 has a ball joint stem that snaps into the hollow body. Allows a little swivel and tilt. Neat really. He is slightly flat on the bottom so he can sit.

Reaction score
omg, in the electronics section. I looked in the toy isle and just left and I had no DPCI code.
But I will check tomorrow again in the electronics section, or scanner.

And the sculpts look great and with a proper paint job and weathering these can come out great. And for $10 each they are a bargain.

thanks for the info and DPCI code

Reaction score
picked two sets yesterday. they had eight sets in the dvd section. C3po is slightly under scaled for true 1/6 scale but still look great.
R0-4L0 is almost true to 1/6 scale compared to Sideshows R2D2
BB-8 is also almost close to true 1/6 scale compared to Sideshow c3po and r2d2

Overall the set is great and worth $30.00. Especially if you are a customizer.

Reaction score
It would make more sense, but would also likely mean we would never have seen that R0-4LO droid.

Reaction score
Same, total missed opportunity. It doesn't make sense.
What they need to do is make sure the single boxed R2 gets out there while the 3 pack is still available.
Of note, both CP0 and R0 both say "Special Edition" on their box descriptions. (BB-8 does not). I assume 3PO will be re released on his own at some point, probably OT deco. Or maybe an OT R2/3PO 2 pack down the line.