12" Queen !

G

12\" Queen !

Has anyone seen the 2000 portrait edition Queen Amidala return to Naboo doll (the purple one).I've never seen this anywhere and dont know if its even available.Has anyone got one and possibly a review.Is it any good.I'm not desperately after one,I just want to know whether im ever likely to come across one on one of my many hunts.I really like these portrait edition Queens,but i appear to be in the minority.

------------------
"PERHAPS I CAN FIND NEW WAYS TO MOTIVATE THEM"

Reaction score
Re: 12\" Queen !

If my memory is correct, I found mine at etoys many, many moons ago. I think this piece will be a bit tough to find at retail now. Good luck!

Reaction score

They still have the purple gown Amidala at my local KB Toyworks. Last I looked the price was $14ish, but I heard the prices were going up. If you want some help getting this piece, just drop me an email.

Aiacha, I heard that there were quite a few other portrait dolls in the works, including Amidala in Celebration gown, Leia in Bespin dress, and Leia in Ewok dress. Thanks to poor sales (before the rock-bottom sale price anyway) they were discontinued.

------------------
Burn Rourk (apokolips)
Moderator, collectstarwars.com forums; POTJ, Customizing, Films
apokolips@collectstarwars.com
See my custom figures at Wicked Force!

G

For a while they were showing up at KB's on sale for $14.99 (I think).

------------------
Do you feel lucky punk, well, do you?

G

I was actually able to snag one of those when they were at KB for $15 or so. Unfortunately, that one was a gift for a friend, so I really didn't look much at it. The only one I have is the red Senate dress.

The only place I had ever seen them was KB, but they are probably gone...the only thing I can suggest is at a con, in the dealers tables. In Plano, they had a few of them.

Speaking of 12" Queenies...Princess and I were trying to figure this one out...Was the porcelain doll the only one with the celebration gown? Personally, that is my absolute favorite dress, and I would love SOMETHING with that dress

------------------
Knight Aiacha Teia-Kyto
Knight and Jedi Merchant
http://www.geocities.com/aiacha_teia_kyto/tatooine.jpg

G

The local KB in Tulsa, Oklahoma still had one a couple weeks ago for $15. I can't remember the condition of the packaging. It's a nice figure though. Makes me wish they would have continued producing the rest of her outfits in Ep1.

Reaction score

There are still a few left at one of my KB stores. They are $14.99.

The Return to Theed Gown (Purple) is my favorite of the ones released. The cloth has lots of textures and it just looks neat. I would say if you collect the 12" dolls to pick this one up.

------------------
Boba Binks, the most feared Bounty Hunter in the Universe.

"You're not a collector's item! You are a child's plaything. You are a toy!"
Buzz Lightyear - ToyStory2

G

....mmmmm
There¡­s one at a KB here in San Diego warming the shelves, maybe I should go get her before she¡­s gone.

------------------
"Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction"

G

Many thanks for all the help guys,im looking into the possibilities of aquiring this piece as we speak.

------------------
"PERHAPS I CAN FIND NEW WAYS TO MOTIVATE THEM"