12" Luke with Speederbike

Dax

Reaction score
12\" Luke with Speederbike

So you've all read the news on the main page about the next exclusive for Target being the 12" Speederbike with Luke. What are people's thoughts and hopes on this item? Obviously there is going to be a lot of negative backlash about Target and their handling of exclusives and the availability of this item to all collectors.

Personally I don't think this one will be quite so hard to find as most people will only need the one Speederbike as it comes with a Luke figure and not a cool as hell Scout Trooper figure which some people wanted multiples of. If this sells well (and really, why wouldn't it) then can the Leia with Speederbike really be all that far away and perhaps even the Paploo with stolen Speederbike? OK, perhaps we're pushing it a little with that last one

I'm quite looking forward to a new Jedi Luke 12" figure with a more articulated body like the Scout Trooper and with the Poncho and removable helmet. Perhaps even a new head sculpt although I've always thought that the current 12" Jedi Luke was always pretty good in that area. Overall it sounds like a cool item to have and I can't wait!

Dax

G

Re: 12\" Luke with Speederbike

Im happy about another Target exclusive. That means around here when the new exclusive comes out the tarpals and klaatu will be $19.99. Just like all the other exclusives they have had in the past

G

I am very excited about it! I can't wait to buy it. Have they given a release date yet? I hate Target for the most part, & I especially hate the way they handle exclusives. But it looks like I will have to make a few visits to Target when this thing is released.

G

Eh, I don't know about this one. I mean, I know I'll buy one but don't you guys feel like it's a bit of a rip off considering all we will likely get is a regular Jedi Luke with a camoflage poncho and helmet on a Speederbike? And I think Hasbro needs to reconsider doing Exclusives with Target really. The first Speederbike went on clearence after it was out for 2 monthes and the Kaadu went faster than that!

I have heard back when we were all anticipating the first Speederbike, that Hasbro was considering doing a Luke and a Leia on bikes if this was a success. I don't see why they can't just do a Leia anyways and pack 3 of each in a box. All they need to do is put in a Hoth Leia in a new outfit and get her old blaster...

------------------
You know, sometimes I even manage to amaze myself.

Log

Reaction score

I'll probably pass on this. I don't see how they can top the badass Scout Trooper. We've already got the speeder bike so essentially you're paying $50 for a new 12" Luke Jedi.

If I'm going to have money to burn on exclusives, I'd rather get the "crashed" vehicles myself.

------------------
"I've been waiting for you Obi-Wan. We meet again at last. When we last met I was but the learner now I am the master"-Darth Vader

Reaction score

As much as i love the speeder bikes I think I wil be passing on this one. I already have the scout trooper one, and 2 of those huge things on mt shelf will take up most of the space I have. I would have prefered a new 12" vehicle rather than another speeder bike maybe a STAP with battle droid would have been cooler.

Dax

Reaction score

Arghh... Bounty Hunter Borst, don't even SAY that in case Hasbro hear you! The current articulated Leia body is atrocious and is so desperately in need of an upgrade. Even the standard Jedi Luke body isn't suitable for sitting on the Speederbike as there is just not enough flexibility in his hips or legs to seat him properly. I'd be happy to pay $50 each for new Speederbikes with newly sculpted and highly articulated Luke's and Leia's. At least with Leia you would get two outfits in one which she has yet to appear in for the 12" range.

Dax

Reaction score

Driley makes a fine point, that's how I feel about it.

------------------
"I am Vader, lord of the Sith! Behold my Patrick Duffy leg!"

BHC Moderator of POTF2, Galoob, Films, Ep 1, Lego, Classifieds
SSG Micro Machines and Lego Editor

Reaction score

I made this toy last year. It's basically a resculpt. It's a recycled vehicle with a recycled figure. The Biker Scout which came out was amazing, and the bike totally new. I'm not nearly as sxcited about Luke. I'll reserve final judgment until I see one, though I may be passing on it.

Reaction score

I'll pass. I already have one amazing Speeder Bike, and I don't really have the shelf space to devote to a second one.

------------------
Burn Rourk (apokolips)
Moderator, collectstarwars.com forums; POTJ, Customizing, Films
apokolips@collectstarwars.com
See my custom figures at Wicked Force!

G

Hmmmm... If it's the same old Jedi Luke that we've gotten twice before (basically), I'm not going to spend $40-$50 bucks just for a poncho and hat. If Hasbro actually comes through and uses a great body, I might consider it. However, Hasbro REALLY doesn't seem interested in improving the 12" body, which is unfortunate.

A Leia with Speederbike on the other hand, I would most likely get. For one, they WOULD NOT be able to use that atrociously cheap Barbie style body they've been fond of lately, because that thing can barely move, much less straddle a Speederbike. For two, we'd be getting an entirely new (for the 12ers) outfit.

G

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by driley:
Arghh... Bounty Hunter Borst, don't even SAY that in case Hasbro hear you! The current articulated Leia body is atrocious and is so desperately in need of an upgrade. Even the standard Jedi Luke body isn't suitable for sitting on the Speederbike as there is just not enough flexibility in his hips or legs to seat him properly. I'd be happy to pay $50 each for new Speederbikes with newly sculpted and highly articulated Luke's and Leia's. At least with Leia you would get two outfits in one which she has yet to appear in for the 12" range.

Dax
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Don't get me wrong, driley. I'm just wanting to precaution everyone of what Hasbro will likely do. They're the masters of recycling parts instead of coming up with a new mold. I'm sure we'll see a new head sculpt of Luke and add a little better articulation (probably just put his head on a Biker Scouts body). As for Leia, yeah, I know. I was being a bit sarcastic.

I'd say if Hasbro really wants to make us 12" collectors happy again, give us both Luke and Leia AND the Speeder Bike in one package like when they first hopped on. Sound good to everyone else?

------------------
You know, sometimes I even manage to amaze myself.

Reaction score

That would be great, having Luke and Leia together on the speederbike!
But the price point would probably go above the $49.99, wouldn't it?
I have never had trouble scoring an exclusive at Target, and if they receive enough of them I may wait for a clearance price. But then again if the Jedi Luke is spectacular I probably won't wait.

------------------
Evacuate? In our moment of triumph? I think you seriously overestimate their chances.

G

When i first saw teh 12" scout on the internet I really didn't have much interest in it. Then I actually saw one in person. So who knows, maybe this one will be cool. I think the Leia/luke 2 pack on the bike is a much better idea.

Reaction score

I like the 2pack idea as well. Then the outcry would be "Leia (or Luke) does not have a speederbike! Why didn't Hasbro make a seperate bike for each figure!? #$#% Hasbro blows."

Either way someone will be upset. Can't please everyone no matter what you do

Ty

Reaction score

I'll be passing. I still never got a 12" Biker Scout on Speederbike, but as totally cool as it is, I'm not really losing any sleep over it. Too bad the Freakin B-Wing is going to retail at the same price!!

Anyway, in all honesty I agree with Borst on what he said, if this was what he meant; most collectors I think would just prefer a 12" 3 pack, with another 12" Scout Trooper, and a Luke and Leia. Sell that 'sucka for $59.00 maybe, might be better than having all those speederbikes. Honestly you'd have to have an entire room devoted to these 3 pieces (Luke and Leia on Speederbikes) if they come out!

I will probably get the 12" Leia on Speederbike though, if it comes out and is really good and I can afford it, just because I really like the vintage figure...

G

Just give me my 12" AT ST!

------------------
"Sometimes monkeys die."

All Your Base Are Belong To Us

Reaction score

I don't mind Bounty Hunter Borst's idea of a Luke & Leia with SpeederBike set...but like was mentioned price point could become an issue, but it's a better solution than just a reashed Jedi Luke with SpeederBike.
Now if they don't go that way but go the extra mile and totally redo the Leia body and have her in her Generals Gear with a camo Poncho plus a belt, holster, blaster and helmet (maybe even throw in Wicket..I can hope can't I
) that one I would condider seriously.
How would you guys feel about a 100th Luke style ROTJ Luke instead?....coming with an more accurate outfit(belt?), improved jedi cloak, blaster(one he force lifted), binders, Poncho, Helmet, exchangeable left hands(one black(or a glove), one flesh and one blasted), large bone(he jambed into Rancors mouth), rock, skull, light saber, and maybe some force lightning bolts ala the 3 3/4 Boomer Damage Battle Droid...would you be interested?

------------------
"..There's someone in my head but it's not me..."

G

Reguardless of initial price point, I'll pass on this. However, once it goes on clearance, I'll score me one....

Reaction score

I'm waiting for Paploo with Speeder Bike. That'll rule, even if it's just a repainted Wicket and the same old bike!!

(sarcasm)