12" Line Previewed at Hasbro

Reaction score
I think they look great, and the Realscan technology looks like it captured the faces pretty well. But yea, other than that, it doesn't really look like Hasbro's doing anything different with this line. However I would like to see the new packaging soon.

Reaction score
I'll probably buy the CloneTrooper. I think it looks pretty neat, but I'll pass on the other two.

gMt

Reaction score
Face sculpts look pretty good but it looks like they're using the same awful bodies as the previous 12"ers. I find it curious that they refuse to improve on these set-ups. I don't expect Marmit-quality articulation for those prices, but surely they could come up with something a little better.

Reaction score
I really like them. Anakin really looks like Hayden Christensen. Obi Wan looks decent. The clone trooper is awesome! I'm looking forward to seeing the wave 2 since I have no idea what the Super Battledroid looks like.I only wished they won't be packaged like the Wal Mart Luke & Yoda. The boxed can't be neatly bookended and will takeup more room for those who are running out of display room.

Reaction score
I Hate duplicating posts!

[ 01-21-2002: Message edited by: mrgonk ]

G

Hrm...same clunky bodies, face sculpts look nothing like the actors...I'll pass on these, thanks to Hasbro.

Why can other, smaller companies make kick-butt 12" figures (Sideshow Toy, anyone?) and yet Hasbro makes inferior product? It doesn't make sense.

Oh well...to each their own. If others like them, then great. It's more money that I'll have to spend on other things.

Peace,

Chip

[ 01-21-2002: Message edited by: Chip Cataldo ]

Reaction score
I think I will reserve jugement on them until I see them in the flesh. I will certainly pick them up though.

The faces sculpts look much better, but the heads look to big for the bodies. The Clonetrooper doesn't look too hot. Please let Marmit make one, as the Hasbro one looks no better than the Hasbro Stormtrooper.

Reaction score
Bot_Stryke, if that way of making 12ers sells so well, then why do all the 12ers that come out sit around and take up shelf space until they're clearanced, and then some STILL don't move? I also don't think so many people would complain about the body if it was so well liked.

Hasbro should do better because Hasbro CAN do better. They make a GI Joe body that, while not as superior as a Dragon or Sideshow body, is still light years ahead of the one they use for Star Wars.

I just can't wait to see if the Padme doll, who's character is supposed to be action orientated in the next film, will have a decent body or if it will have that aweful grocery store Barbie knock-off body that all the Episode I Amidalas had.

[ 01-21-2002: Message edited by: czahr ]

G

They look decent, but nothing to jump up and down about...or buy. Frankly, I've never understood why Hasbro just won't give up on this line. It failed with TESB. It performed well enough during the POTF2 era, but the EPI dregs still remain...unclearanced, I might add.

G

The likenesses look great and I'm always up for more 12" jedi. i wouldn't mind the old style bodies so much if they use the one from the E1 Obi Wan and Mace Windu, as oposed to the less posable rubbery bodies, although G.I. Joe style bodies would be cool.

G

My thoughts are similiar to MisterPL, I am not going to buy them.

I have never been a fan of the cloth and the proce is too high to be buying them and 3 inch figs. They do look nice though

Reaction score
I have to agree with Puppetboy here. I quite like the likenesses on these, and if they use the E1 Obi Wan/Mace, BikerScout body then I can not see a problem.
Female figures like Zam and Padme will be the acid test though....if they use that barbie body they have been using I won't be very impressed, characters like Zam and Padme need articulation. I would not mind even if they went back to the POTF2 ANH Leia body for them(though I'd prefer the GI Jane style)....at least it had some poseability.

That said I can definitly see my self picking these three up.

Reaction score
I think the 12-inch Aurra Sing turned out okay. If they use the same body sculpt on Zam and Padme as they did with Aurra, it'll be alrighta.

GNT

Reaction score
I'm not impressed buy them and so I'm not going to buy them

Reaction score
I think that these 12" figures look better than their smaller counterparts. However, I will not be buying them. I have tried to collect the 12" stuff but it just looks so dire. I recently received a 12" Han in Carbonite and it stank so bad that I decided to give up on 12" figures. They are not good and I am not convinced that they ever have been. Am I the only one who feels that the design for the clone trooper is awful. It is soooooooo Flash Gordon.

G

But Darth Snook, that's exactly the point: Star Wars is based (partially) on Flash Gordon.

Reaction score
I agree with Darth Snook on the Clonetrooper design, particularly the helmet - terrible design. Looks contrived and amateurish. I think it's design should've been closer to that of a stormtrooper.

G

Hey!
Thease figures look great!!!
Iam going to buy them all.
Whats on the clonetrooper's feat??
Arena sand prehaps??

G

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><HR>Am I the only one who feels that the design for the clone trooper is awful. It is soooooooo Flash Gordon. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Um...you do know that Lucas originally wanted to make a Flash Gordon movie back in the early 70's, but he couldn't get the rights. So he then decided to create his own universe...

I actually like the design becuase it's so Falsh Gordon. I love the Falsh aspects of the AOTC designs. They keep Star Wars from dating too quickly. (My favorite thing is that little headband that Jango wears under his helemt.)

G

These didnt impress me either.
It looks like the same old stuff.
I was expecting more out of the realscan.

I'll probably be sticking to the smaller line.Looking forward to a 12" Zam and Jango though.

Reaction score
You guys really should not bash them. Hasbro is doing the same old thing because that is what sells well. Everyone has been buying up all of the other ones so they figure that that is what people want, so they will continue to make them that way. Same goes with the other collectibles and toys.

Reaction score
I've only purchased about one 12" figure from each film - just don't like the body construction. It looks like that won't change for e2, but it won't be one of these three. (although the clonetrooper is alright) I'll wait to see how zam comes out.

Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Beverb the Hutt:
These didnt impress me either.
It looks like the same old stuff.
I was expecting more out of the realscan.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have very similar thoughts. However, I'm a sucker for the 12" line. I'll be picking these up, but would have hoped for better. Now I just need to find shelf space for them.

To each their own.