12" Jumbo Vintage Kenner Stormtrooper SDCC Exclusive Action Figure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: 12\" Jumbo Vintage Kenner Stormtrooper SDCC Exclusive Action Figure

with mine, the box was pretty beat up and the star case is in pretty crappy condition, but i think the actual card, clamshell, and figure are fine. i haven't fully opened it yet. i doubt gg would send a replacement star case.

Reaction score
Re: 12\" Jumbo Vintage Kenner Stormtrooper SDCC Exc

Mine came in today! I think the boba fett looks better than this one but overall I'm happy! Can't wait till vader and obi wan come out

Reaction score

DarthPhlegethon said:
with mine, the box was pretty beat up and the star case is in pretty crappy condition, but i think the actual card, clamshell, and figure are fine. i haven't fully opened it yet. i doubt gg would send a replacement star case.
I try not to ever complain too much because the lord knows theres enough of it on the boards and else where but I do have to agree it was shipped like a piece of trash.

Yeah I got mine today and the clamshell is beat up as well. the card and figure are fine... There were like 3 peices of paper inside the box for packing material.... jeez at $90.00 a pop you figure they would at least use peanuts or something... I might be rethinking of collecting this line if this is the best packing job they can do. It's not worth it to me to recieve my stuff trashed. Makes me feel like I've wasted my money. My first time being disappointed with GG shipping

Reaction score

I will be slightly bummed if mine come damaged, because the packaging is beyond awesome, but ultimately, I will be displaying these loose, so in the end, as long as the figures are fine, I will be fine.

Reaction score

Ugh that's not a picture I wanted to see!

Reaction score

DarthPhlegethon said:
Get a hold of Greg. You never know.

Reaction score

Got mine today...It is awesome! My wife said man that thing is big!......I was hoping she was talking about something else..But unfortunately she was talking about the Stormtrooper..

Reaction score

Here is a pic of my damaged stormtrooper. The box GG is shipping these figures in barely fits and leaves NO room for error/damage. They are using balled-up packing paper and no bubble wrap or peanuts. I already talked with Greg this morning and e-mailed him pictures of the damage. Moving forward they have got to use a different box (not this crummy fed-ex box).

Reaction score

DarthBaker said:
DarthPhlegethon said:
I try not to ever complain too much because the lord knows theres enough of it on the boards and else where but I do have to agree it was shipped like a piece of trash.

Yeah I got mine today and the clamshell is beat up as well. the card and figure are fine... There were like 3 peices of paper inside the box for packing material.... jeez at $90.00 a pop you figure they would at least use peanuts or something... I might be rethinking of collecting this line if this is the best packing job they can do. It's not worth it to me to recieve my stuff trashed. Makes me feel like I've wasted my money. My first time being disappointed with GG shipping

Hopefully they can do something about that. Man, that sucks. Id be super pissed

Reaction score

Mine arrives today and it's been in route for 7 days. Looking at some of these pics, I'm afraid to see what my box might look like when it arrives.

Reaction score

I got home last night and located my package. The box was a little beat up and I feared the worst. Once I opened it I discovered that the packaging was fine with no dents or bends. (Hope Boba Fett does as well.)

I have been hearing from people that this would take up space and was shocked to see just how big the whole package was. The photos we have been seeing do not do justice to the size.

I am a closet toy collector but always knew that once the kids get out of the house one room would be for me to display my collection. On that note...until then I may have to rent a storage room.

Reaction score

Got mine last night and there was no damage. Box was pretty flimsy with paper packing though, so hopefully others have the same good luck I did.

I saw them at CV, but didn't really get a chance to handle one. My first thought after opening it was "I'm gonna need a bigger shelf!"

Reaction score

Stormtrooper arrived this afternoon! Box was in great shape and so was Stormtrooper! Every excited! He looks GREAT! GG hit a home run!

Reaction score

rnbuda said:
Stormtrooper arrived this afternoon! Box was in great shape and so was Stormtrooper! Every excited! He looks GREAT! GG hit a home run!
Awesome! Glad he arrived in great condition. Hoping for the same...but with the Fett.

Reaction score

Mine came in great shape.Now,I need to get the Fett man.

Reaction score

Glitch said:
rnbuda said:
Awesome! Glad he arrived in great condition. Hoping for the same...but with the Fett.

Same! Fett should be on his marry way soon!

Dax

Reaction score

I must say I was pretty disappointed to read the front page of the site this morning. Bolder than brass is a big sponsor advertisement for BBTS for recent convention exclusives. There they have the Stormtrooper available to pre-order for $160.

Filthy dirty scalpers. So if you went to the convention and were unable to purchase one directly from GG you know who to blame. Nice to see a sponsor treating the community with dignity and respect.

Reaction score

Got mine in today. It was not damaged. It was actually packed very well.

Jason

Reaction score

Got mine a few days ago and I guess I was lucky seeing the responses to some. The box, shell, and card were all in perfect condition. I was shocked though at how it was packed overall...very surprised is wasn't damaged.

On another note, I remember walking around the convention the first day and noticed a few stormtroopers displayed and on sale for 200.00. I really wanted to jump over their stalls and tackle the people. Bunch of jerks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.