12" Jumbo Vintage Kenner POTF Greedo Figure

Reaction score
Just FYI for you Star Wars Jumbo fans. I posted a picture of the paint-master and the prototype coin for our upcoming release of Greedo on the POTF card on our blog today - http://blog.gentlegiantltd.com/?p=459

Also if you are member of our Premier Guild this year I sent out a special sneak peek of the packaging for the upcoming PG exclusive Han in Carbonite Jumbo figure.

D.

Reaction score
I got that email and it looks great! I can't wait to see what is revealed at Celebration!

Reaction score
Just FYI for you Star Wars Jumbo fans. I posted a picture of the paint-master and the prototype coin for our upcoming release of Greedo on the POTF card on our blog today - http://blog.gentlegiantltd.com/?p=459

Also if you are member of our Premier Guild this year I sent out a special sneak peek of the packaging for the upcoming PG exclusive Han in Carbonite Jumbo figure.

D.
I too, will look forward to seeing GGLTD's new jumbo offerings later this year.
Thanks for posting the POTF Greedo coin - I always liked the coin designs, D.

Perhaps I misunderstood the Kenner logo issue? - I'm of the understanding it applies to all new jumbo Star Wars releases.
It's a pity you have been asked to drop the Kenner logo from this figure, I appreciate (you letting me know) that it is not GGLTD's choice and your licensor has final say.

Does the change include only "POTF unreleased" figures or does "Han In Carbonite" and "Jedi Knight Luke" fall under the same umbrella?
(If this edict only applies to the unreleased characters on POTF cards, that's perfectly understandable and I can accept it more readily, because it makes sense.)

If it's across the entire new range of releases: The whole matter seems very odd to me. It boggles the mind, that's all.
I can't understand what prompted the request to remove it in the first place, after 5+ solid years of good jumbo business.

If you have no choice, better to remove the logo in it's entirety and leave a font-free space, than to replace it with "Gentle Giant Ltd." using an approximation of the Kenner style font.
As I've said before, we have your branding embossed into the top edge of the clamshell, no need for a double dose of it...

Still, I'm pleased to hear the jumbo line will be picking up again this year, after what seems like a very long break.
It's also good to have a member of staff from GGLTD back on the RS forum, contributing and keeping us in the loop as much as possible.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Perhaps I misunderstood the Kenner logo issue? - I'm of the understanding it applies to all new jumbo Star Wars releases.
It's a pity you have been asked to drop the Kenner logo from this figure, I appreciate (you letting me know) that it is not GGLTD's choice and your licensor has final say.

Does the change include only "POTF unreleased" figures or does "Han In Carbonite" and "Jedi Knight Luke" fall under the same umbrella?
(If this edict only applies to the unreleased characters on POTF cards, that's perfectly understandable and I can accept it more readily, because it makes sense.)
They're putting the GG logo in place of the Kenner logo on all the Super Powers cards too, so I assume it's a permanent change for ALL future Star Wars Jumbo figures too.

Reaction score
They're putting the GG logo in place of the Kenner logo on all the Super Powers cards too, so I assume it's a permanent change for ALL future Star Wars Jumbo figures too.

Thanks for that... I did think for a moment I'd got it wrong. I was hoping against hope that it was intended only for the "proof card" POTF vintage unreleased figures in the jumbo range.
Ok - well, I'm only waiting for one new figure anyway: Amanaman.
It's not a massive deal, but enough of a change to be annoying.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for that... I did think for a moment I'd got it wrong. I was hoping against hope that it was intended only for the "proof card" POTF vintage unreleased figures in the jumbo range.
Ok - well, I'm only waiting for one new figure anyway: Amanaman.
It's not a massive deal, but enough of a change to be annoying.
Yea, it is annoying and I disappointed to hear that is how they are going to be going forward. I guess tho when the Wampa came out with it, that was the clue right? I mean they are a still neat concept and i really like them all and have my favorites.. but just seems wrong not having Kenner on their going forward.

Reaction score
Yea, it is annoying and I disappointed to hear that is how they are going to be going forward. I guess tho when the Wampa came out with it, that was the clue right? I mean they are a still neat concept and i really like them all and have my favorites.. but just seems wrong not having Kenner on their going forward.

Hoth_My-Fav -- I agree completely!

BithBandLeader,

I saw your sneak peeks of the Han in Carbonite and Jedi Luke card backs, and not having the Kenner logo is a show-stopper for me. I grew up with the Kenner toy line, so that Kenner logo has significance. I was on the fence about re-joining the Premiere Guild club to get the POTF Han in Carbonite, but replacing the Kenner logo with the Gentle Giant logo answered the question for me. Your sales or marketing team may think making "Gentle Giant Ltd." the new logo will promote the company better, but in my opinion that was not a smart move and will hurt the jumbo line. I hope you pass our disgruntledness along. :\

Thanks,
Chris

Reaction score
I guess I can see why they can't use the Kenner logo anymore. It is being used with the 40th Ann 6 inch figures Hasbro is do well sense they bought out Kenner back in the day. I would have liked something along the lines of a the Luke Stormtrooper or EV 9D9. This just seemed lazy to me.

Reaction score
I guess I can see why they can't use the Kenner logo anymore. It is being used with the 40th Ann 6 inch figures Hasbro is do well sense they bought out Kenner back in the day. I would have liked something along the lines of a the Luke Stormtrooper or EV 9D9. This just seemed lazy to me.
I doubt that's the reason, Hasbro had "The Vintage Collection" line out a few years ago the same time as Gentle Giant's jumbo line, and both lines displayed the Kenner logo. BithBandLeader could clear this up and comment about the decision? Whatever the reason, no Kenner logo makes these less appealing to me. And I among others wish Gentle Giant would make a Vader in the proper scale, but seems they won't listen to constructive criticism. I may still get FX-7 if ever made despite the inferior logo.

Reaction score
I doubt that's the reason, Hasbro had "The Vintage Collection" line out a few years ago the same time as Gentle Giant's jumbo line, and both lines displayed the Kenner logo. BithBandLeader could clear this up and comment about the decision? Whatever the reason, no Kenner logo makes these less appealing to me. And I among others wish Gentle Giant would make a Vader in the proper scale, but seems they won't listen to constructive criticism. I may still get FX-7 if ever made despite the inferior logo.
It's my belief that losing the Kenner logo is a cost cutting exercise for GGLTD. I could be very wrong. All businesses are notoriously tight lipped over their manufacturing costs, profit margins etc. We are their core audience. We're not supposed to be privy to that sort of thing - the real reason won't be forthcoming.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Looks pretty nice, Dan.
If that's a sample, and it hasn't been approved yet - please get your graphics team to lower the Cantina image a little for complete antenna clearance!
I don't like Greedo's antenna being cropped. It's too high within the window space.
Overall, I'm pleased you've got the bubble and artwork lined up properly.

The original SW POTF proof artwork has Greedo's head with enough space all round, without over-cropping.
http://theswca.com/images-proof/potf-greedo.html

Below is my old mock-up, even with re-formatting the cardback layout - you get a better final look without cropping Greedo's antenna.
Thanks for passing this gripe of mine on.

Last edited:
Reaction score
BithBandLeader, Can you shed some light on what you mean by "just a tip… he’s going to be a rare one." Like... how rare? Like... I'm really curious! I really love Greedo but I already have the standard figure and was going to pass on this one, but now I think I might "need him" (hahaha)

Early look at a carded sample of POTF Greedo -

Reaction score
Anyone know if this will be back on Gentle Giant's site to pre-order or be back when it comes in stock? I just pre-ordered on BBTS now in case it doesn't come back to GG.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Resurrecting an old thread... I read a review of this version of Greedo that said the coin in their review copy was misprinted on the back with Han Solo Carbonite's bio. Did anybody who actually ordered get a correct coin? I was thinking about getting this guy...

Reaction score
So nobody who reads this forum bought the POTF Greedo Jumbo? On Rebelscum's photo archive it shows that the example they received included a misprinted coin. Before I purchase one (I mainly want it to get a Greedo POTF coin), I just want to know if that was just a one of a kind error or did all of you get one with a misprinted coin? Thanks :)

Reaction score
Yep its already been released. A few websites still have it in stock.

Reaction score
I've had it on pre-order from BBTS since the fall. Think they're actually going to get it or are their listings just screwed up and they're going to cancel it at some time? Which web sites have it because I'm not having much luck finding it on any sites that look legit. You can PM me the info too if you want. I'd appreciate some help. Thanks.