12" Jumbo Vintage Kenner Line General Discussion

Reaction score
Wow! Hope this bodes well for the Jumbo Kenner line.

Dear Valued Gentle Giant Ltd. Collector,

We are pleased to announce that as of February 1st, Gentle Giant Ltd has a new parent company. Gentle Giant Ltd. has been acquired by Diamond Select Toys. www.gentlegiantltd.com is currently down for maintenance. Notification will be sent once the Gentle Giant Ltd. website is up and running.

It is Diamond Select Toys’ goal to continue to provide you with excellent customer service and outstanding high-end limited edition collectibles.

You probably have a few questions and hopefully we can address them.

How do these changes affect me?

We are taking great efforts to make this transition as smooth as possible. You should not see any changes on the website regarding your account information, membership status or existing pre-orders.

What should I do
- If I received damaged product or if I did not receive my order

If your order was shipped on or before January 31, 2019, please contact gentlegiantltd.custserv@3dsystems.com until February 28, 2019. 3D Systems will be able to assist you, but will not be able to replace product and will have to issue a refund for your order. Once www.gentlegiantltd.com is live you can place an order for the item in question, providing the product is still in stock. If your order shipped after January 31, 2019 please contact customerservice@diamondselecttoys.com

- If I received notice that my order was declined

Gentle Giant Ltd. can reprocess your order once www.gentlegiantltd.com is operational. You may need to update your payment information, for you order to be reauthorized.

- If I want to update my billing/shipping address or payment information for an order

Once www.gentlegiantltd.com is live again, you can update your information at that time.

For additional information, please contact Diamond Select Toys – Gentle Giant Ltd. via email at customerservice@diamondselecttoys.com

Thank you,

- 3D Systems Staff

Reaction score
Maybe Dan can chime in and let us know anymore details (assuming he's still part of the company with this takeover).

Reaction score
50% off any in stock item at Gentle Giant... did you guys see that?
Click on the Reward Points Link in the bottom corner and everyone was given a 50% off coupon.
I just used it for a Jumbo Luke Stormtrooper.

Reaction score
Click on the Reward Points Link in the bottom corner and everyone was given a 50% off coupon.
I don’t see anything good. Luke must be sold out.

Reaction score
All I see is where you can get a 50% off coupon for 300 reward points.

Reaction score
Was there any difference in the Boba Fett Jumbo figure between the 2010 and last years SDCC Exclusive? Or was it just the packaging?

Dax

Reaction score
I expect we're done now. The jumbo line had it's share of problem early on that damaged sales and it never really found a large market, just a passionate niche one. I can't see Diamond investing the energy on this line now when all the main characters are done. Perhaps we might see one special release character a year as that could be viable for them.

Ultimately as a manufacturer and a retailer, you don't want to split your market too much unless there's enough growth to make both areas profitable. With the economy the way it is going, and SW starting to cool somewhat, the smart choice is to do your busts and do them exceedingly well.

Reaction score
Each 12" figure seems to sell-out. If the line is profitable (and I'm assuming it is because they continue to produce a few each year) than I say keep them coming! Most of GG 12" figure line is direct to consumer, so the profit margins should be pretty good! They are making these figures for about $25/$30 each, selling wholesale for $50 and direct to consumer $80.

Reaction score
Posts about the line going dead have been going on for all the time I've posted here----and the more time that goes by, the funnier they sound to me when I read them.

Reaction score
Posts about the line going dead have been going on for all the time I've posted here----and the more time that goes by, the funnier they sound to me when I read them.
That is true, but I would say that just makes it more likely that it really is dead this time. The line seemed to be struggling even under Gentle Giant, and when a company is acquired, the acquiring company generally wants to cut out waste and discontinue underperforming products. It's really a shame that we probably won't ever get the Jumbo Jabba they showed off, since I was really looking forward to it.

Reaction score
That is true, but I would say that just makes it more likely that it really is dead this time. The line seemed to be struggling even under Gentle Giant, and when a company is acquired, the acquiring company generally wants to cut out waste and discontinue underperforming products. It's really a shame that we probably won't ever get the Jumbo Jabba they showed off, since I was really looking forward to it.
"Maybe." - DJ

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

long time time registered lurker, I recently got back into collecting figures after a long "hiatus".

I have been offered this loose Jumbo Vader by another collector and was wondering if experts could kindly confirm it is legit.

It is missing it's cape obviously and the collector told me it was a factory sample.

I have never owned, seen or handled a Gentle Giant jumbo figure so any input would be greatly appreciated.

Here are the pictures I have been sent :

Many thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Hi HDPE, does the seller have any provenance of this being an actual factory sample? Otherwise it goes from interesting (factory sample) to spare parts (regular production run but missing the cape, card and case). If they can't provide documentation on how they acquired a factory sample, you have to rely on their word. If it's someone with a long history of good trades or sales that holds much more weight than a random seller that you don't know. Looking at the piece on its own it could be either.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hi HDPE, does the seller have any provenance of this being an actual factory sample? Otherwise it goes from interesting (factory sample) to spare parts (regular production run but missing the cape, card and case). If they can't provide documentation on how they acquired a factory sample, you have to rely on their word. If it's someone with a long history of good trades or sales that holds much more weight than a random seller that you don't know. Looking at the piece on its own it could be either.
Hi mate, thanks for the reply. No the seller hasn't provided any documentation proving it's an actual factory sample. I had to rely on his words. I actually used this "against" him to negotiate what I considered a fair price and ended up buying it.

Reaction score
I'm strongly considering taking on a big project: Upscaling the Death Star Space Station to Jumbo scale, building it from scratch or maybe using a 3D printer. Mainly because I want to make the trash compactor and fill it with my Gentle Giant Dianoga and foam. I already have the figures to put in there. I recall someone on here was working on such a project already...was it gijigsaw? My question is, if I measure the dimensions of the original Death Star Playset, what would I need to multiply the measurements by to upscale to the 12" jumbos? Thinking about it now, perhaps this is too big a project, lol. I would need a lot of display space. At the very least I would like to make the orange compactor though.

Dax

Reaction score
Simple math for you: if the original figures are standardised at 3 3/4" tall and you want to upscale to 12"... take 12, divide by 3.75 and you get 3.2. That's your multiplication factor for upscaling. So a scaled Death Star playset would come in around 72"tall, or 6 foot. That's actually not as bad as I thought it would be. If you can get it made by Christmas and install some red and green LEDs into it, you can tell the family it's your new Christmas Tree :) It's about the right dimensions.

Reaction score
Thanks, Dax. Yeah I guess it was simpler math than I thought. 6 foot might be too high though so I may just shoot for the compactor. Plus I dont have a lot of Imperial figures to display on the other levels anyway.

Reaction score
I'm strongly considering taking on a big project: Upscaling the Death Star Space Station to Jumbo scale, building it from scratch or maybe using a 3D printer. Mainly because I want to make the trash compactor and fill it with my Gentle Giant Dianoga and foam. I already have the figures to put in there. I recall someone on here was working on such a project already...was it gijigsaw? My question is, if I measure the dimensions of the original Death Star Playset, what would I need to multiply the measurements by to upscale to the 12" jumbos? Thinking about it now, perhaps this is too big a project, lol. I would need a lot of display space. At the very least I would like to make the orange compactor though.
This was my prototype years ago using cardboard. Someday would like to build it with wood.

https://gijigsaw.blogspot.com/2012/09/death-star-playset-jumbo-kenner.html

Reaction score
Yeah, thank you that was the project I was remembering. I hope you can finish it one day.