12" Jumbo Vintage Kenner Line General Discussion

Reaction score
While I most certainly understand and appreciate the disappointment concerning the Kenner Logo issue; I'm still very excited about the Greedo figure on the way. I don't currently own any of these things, this one may be the one to push me over the edge.

Question for whoever owns some of these: what's the general weight of them like? Do they have a bit of heft to them, or do they feel hollow or light? Just curious.
Greedo is a very nicely done jumbo - you will like it.

There are few things to be aware of with these:

1. The "Ages 14 and over" is a clue - these are more for display than play.
2. They are hollow - approx 500g loose or 1kg sealed. (R2-D2, R5-D4, Power Droid + Gamorrean Guard are heavier and exceptions). They are obviously bigger and will be overwhelming upon first hand viewing, but they are not as hefty as you might imagine.
3. Unless they have changed the plastic formula - do not drop Greedo's gun onto a hard floor - I did accidently (my original SW jumbo Greedo) and it snapped in half.

I'd definitely recommend Greedo if you do not have any jumbo's yet - they did a good job on Greedo overall. Eagle eyed collectors have commented Greedo's thighs are too slim, but it's a minor gripe and not overtly noticeable.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah, they are fragile due to being rotocast in hollow plastic. It's better to just keep them in their packaging for display purposes if you have the room. Displaying one loose on a shelf runs the risk of it eventually tipping over the edge and breaking a limb when it hits the floor.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Saw that TFAW has the Bespin Han on sale for $16 on Cyber Monday. Was going to buy it but the cheapest shipping is $30 to my home. I think I'll pass.

Reaction score
Did anyone else get in on Gentle Giant's Cyber Monday Vault sale? I was able to log in and pick up the Jumbo R2, C-3PO and Stormtrooper. Pretty excited as each of those goes for pretty hefty prices on eBay.

Reaction score
Did anyone else get in on Gentle Giant's Cyber Monday Vault sale? I was able to log in and pick up the Jumbo R2, C-3PO and Stormtrooper. Pretty excited as each of those goes for pretty hefty prices on eBay.
Nice, you really cleaned up. I was getting chemotherapy, and missed the email :( I would have risked dying to try to get that jumbo R2 :)

Reaction score
Does anyone think they will ever do Rancor keeper figure ? Thsts the only one I want from this line and I'll.buy 2 or 3!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
It's not looking great for a Rancor Keeper but I would totally buy one!! :)

Reaction score
I need the Rancor keeper in my life. It'd be the only one from this line I buy. Make it happen gg!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
What do you all think is a fair price for an unsealed jumbo Boba Fett in the 30th anniversary ESB packaging? I bought recently on eBay. Seller said it was sealed and it turned out not to be. Would like to figure out what a reasonable re-negotiated price would be. Thanks!

Reaction score
Yeah, they are fragile due to being rotocast in hollow plastic. It's better to just keep them in their packaging for display purposes if you have the room. Displaying one loose on a shelf runs the risk of it eventually tipping over the edge and breaking a limb when it hits the floor.
I have had the Bespin Luke, Han, Vader and Boba Fett loose on my dresser a few time and they never fell over.

Reaction score
What do you all think is a fair price for an unsealed jumbo Boba Fett in the 30th anniversary ESB packaging? I bought recently on eBay. Seller said it was sealed and it turned out not to be. Would like to figure out what a reasonable re-negotiated price would be. Thanks!
How much was the purchase price?

Reaction score
When is Gentle Giant going to come out with a ROTJ 2-pack???

I'm guessing never. What would be really insulting is if it was a repack of non-ROTJ characters, reminding us that GG is still neglecting to do more ROTJ characters we want. :(

Reaction score
I'm guessing never. What would be really insulting is if it was a repack of non-ROTJ characters, reminding us that GG is still neglecting to do more ROTJ characters we want. :(
actually if they did a combo of say, Mr V and a gammie,, that wouldnt be that terrible. So long as they kept the 2-pack accurate to known 2-packs, they could re-use figures they already released.

Reaction score
Just saw the news story on the front page of GG showing off the paint master for the POTF version of Greedo.
Sorry for not being excited, but I don't get the point of showing off the paint master for a figure that has already been produced and is simply being re-carded as a 'new' release.
Show us something NEW GG......or give us an update on when something from this line is about to be shipped to the market!

Reaction score
Just saw the news story on the front page of GG showing off the paint master for the POTF version of Greedo.
Sorry for not being excited, but I don't get the point of showing off the paint master for a figure that has already been produced and is simply being re-carded as a 'new' release.
Show us something NEW GG......or give us an update on when something from this line is about to be shipped to the market!

Exactly. :(

Reaction score
Looks like they've made the thighs thicker on the new GREEDO POTF version - look at the gap between the top of the legs - approx 50% narrower on this new paint master.
Maybe we'll see height corrected Vader and Chewy for the 40th in 2017 - both @ 13.6" tall. (From their 4.25" original height x 3.2)
http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/2017/Gentle-Giant-Ltd-Greedo-POTF-Jumbo-Figure-Paint-Master.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
That is such great news I won't even pull out my wish list this time. Any new jumbo vintage figure will be a welcome addition! :)

Reaction score
There are more coming this year!
I'd say there might be some more 'announcements' coming this year, however apart from the Han Carbonite and Luke Jedi, I'd be very surprised if we saw anything new in the way of actual 'releases' in 2017.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah, I know.....he said as much in another thread. Your point? :confused:
Perhaps Mighty_Jabba didn't realise you knew - I think he was trying to be helpful, not make a conceited point.
It's not his style to make other forum members feel small. Mighty_Jabba is generally very polite and courteous.

Last edited:
Reaction score
So other than the Emperor and Dianoga (PGM and Convention exclusives) - nothing new displayed. Bummer. The display showing all their released figures together looks really darn cool.

Reaction score
The display showing all their released figures together looks really darn cool.
Yeah, they do. It's tough for me to really appreciate the size of the display though since even having the jumbo figures, my brain sees the figures as 4 inchers.

Reaction score
So other than the Emperor and Dianoga (PGM and Convention exclusives) - nothing new displayed. Bummer. The display showing all their released figures together looks really darn cool.
Really loved seeing them all in person. Totally forgot to take a pic of the display!

Reaction score
Such a display gives the impression they are going full throttle with the line... Sad to know it is rather the opposite. With only 2-3 releases per year now (all PGM figures impossible to get at decent prices, except for Jedi Luke) it's becoming difficult to expand our collections.

The Jumbo Kenner display was awesome:

Reaction score
Thanks for posting Khev. Seeing them all in once place was so fun. Hoping I can stick with my plan to only collect core characters and not expand into bounty hunters/aliens.
The Jumbo Kenner display was awesome: