12" Jumbo Vintage Kenner Line General Discussion

Reaction score
Re: 12\" Jumbo Vintage Kenner Line General Discussion.

Why in the world would anyone pay $200 for these? Retail is bad enough.

Reaction score

Turbowars said:
Turbo I was going to say the same thing! But how am I to tell people how to spend their money...

Reaction score

rnbuda said:
Turbowars said:
Turbo I was going to say the same thing! But how am I to tell people how to spend their money...
We can try to knock some sense into them can't we?

Reaction score

I can't see spending $200 for these either, but I think if your looking to collect the whole line, you need to shell out the $200 for the Fett at this point.

I'm trying to hold out myself, but I know I will cave eventually.

Anyway, does anyone know when the next figure is due to be released?

Reaction score

Yes, they were definitely impulse purchases when i first saw them online. Luckily I have come to my senses...

Reaction score

Having pretty much only collected Hasbro basic figures for the last 15 years I'm feeling a little out of my comfort zone right now! I will definitely be trying to get a few of these - the Cantina figures, in particular. But, geez, why is it so hard to track down info about the line? ie:
Where will they be sold?
What is the release schedule?
What is the price point?

Reaction score

According to the GG rep we talked to at CV, they will probably release the Trooper and Fett at a later time as part of the general release. He said that of course they will not be on the Empire card, BUT seeing how there are two other movie cards for both of these figures, it is likely that they would be on Star Wars or Jedi cards. He gave no time frame for this, so expect it to be in the next year or so.

Reaction score
Re: 12\" Jumbo Vintage Kenner Line General Discussi

It sounds odd. But I'd like them to release versions of these as banks. No articulation, just a big hollow figure with a coin slot on their back. Might be a cheaper alternative.

Reaction score

Does anywhere know where I can get those big plastic cases to protect these figures?

Reaction score

Man, Gentle Giant could learn something about about public relations from Sideshow.

They've totally left us in the dark as to where this line is going, what is coming next, and when it might be coming.

Reaction score

I am not amused by the price. I was all in, I'm going to have to pick and choose now.

Reaction score

I can not find ANY info about these guys on the site at all. I even sent an email to customer service, asking for details. I was supposed to get a reply about two weeks ago, and to this day still have heard nothing!

Reaction score

I just joined the PG and there was no information about how to log in....I can't log in, I did not get asked to set a password.....I am upset because I just paid the money and I can't even order the new figs.

Reaction score

So, these are in the $70 range and the next two are shipping in Feb.

Yea, I'm thinking I'm done here. My Boba will have to be a stand-alone figure. The price is a bit much and I have a bad feeling that it'll take GG almost two years to release just the first twelve.

Reaction score

SirTristram said:
I just joined the PG and there was no information about how to log in....I can't log in, I did not get asked to set a password.....I am upset because I just paid the money and I can't even order the new figs.
It's their website that causes the problem! Call Greg he'll help you out like he did for me!

Reaction score

(818) 504-3555

You might have to wait until the morning or Monday...

Reaction score

No problem. The same thing happened to me when I signed up for the CV Boba Fett Vintage figure!

Reaction score

rnbuda said:
SirTristram said:

It's their website that causes the problem! Call Greg he'll help you out like he did for me!
It also happened to me. For some reason if you join the Premium membership first it does not give you the option to set up a password. If you joined the regular membership you would have been directed to enter a password. When you upgrade to premium the password follows. It is a problem with their system I thought they would have fixed by now. Just get a hold of customer service.

Reaction score

I'm trying. Thanks guys.
I hope they don't sell out of the Han figure because that is the only reason I joined.

Reaction score

So...advice for those who want to join the Gentle Giant Premium Guild to be able to pre-order the 12" figures. Start by registering as a member to the Collectors Club and once you put in all the info then switch your membership to Premium. Your password and all other important info should be set.

Reaction score

I tried e-mailing Greg and the e-mail was shot back to me saying the delivery failed.

I am about to call my bank and have them cancel the pending charge for $60 to Gentle Giant. I am not happy about this situation....at all.

I called GG and it just went to their voice mail.

Reaction score

I called my bank and they said I can file a claim in GG is unwilling to refund me if the Han sells out this weekend.

I am irate over this.

Reaction score

What kind of company releases items on a Friday night? No customer service.....Nice.

Reaction score

Well it sounds like I'll be out all together! I didn't lay down the cash for the Fett or Stormtrooper at CV, thnking that they were going to be a general release and be a lot cheaper. If you have to pre order, and the cost is still 75.00, then forget it. I'm OUT!

Reaction score

To be honest I would rather wait and get Vader and the Sandpeople.I wasn't going to get Han or Chewie anyway.If they offer Chewie down the road to the masses like they did with Boba and the Stormtrooper.Then,that's what I will do.I do agree that this is really rediculous.I missed out on the Fett and Stormtrooper but I was able to get thme from GG's website.

Reaction score

OK, this has been banging around in the back of my head since Friday....

Something caught my eye in the description for Han and Chewbacca that wasn't in the description for Fett or the Stormtrooper:

"Injection molded and made of durable plastics"

Neither Fett or the Stormtrooper were injection molded. They were both rotocast vinyl - TOTALLY different process. Injection molding is used for plastics like polyvinyl chloride and polystyrene. This is how the original 3 3/4" figures were made (polystyrene body, PVC head and limbs). As I said, vinyl is rotocast and not injection molded.

Could they be listening to us and are actually now getting around to making true faithfully manufactured, scaled up figures? Does this explain the long wait until February?

Hopefully this isn't just careful wording and they're not going to go to the "Hey, the guns are injection molded" card.

Fingers crossed.

Reaction score

I personally think these are some the coolest Star Wars collectibles to come around in awhile. I hope they make all of the first 21 vintage figures, as I plan on collecting them all, regardless of the high price tag. This line has lots of potential - imagine if they did a huge Darth Vader carry case to display them. There is already a rumor floating around about plans for a large-scale vintage Creature Cantina playset.
My predictions for future "chase" figures (like the recent "small head" Han Solo): blue (and taller) Snaggletooth, Luke w/telescoping lightsaber, and vinyl-caped Jawa.

Reaction score

I am new to this Gentle Giant stuff. Will other stores (online or otherwise) be selling these 12" jumbo vintage or does Gentle Giant only sell the items from their own website?

Reaction score

Obi_Han said:
I am new to this Gentle Giant stuff. Will other stores (online or otherwise) be selling these 12" jumbo vintage or does Gentle Giant only sell the items from their own website?
All releases (with the exception of exclusives, such as the Stormie, Boba and Small head Han) will be available thru ADs. For instance, Big head Han and Chewie are available at RazorsEdgeCollectibles right now. If your local comic shop pre-orders them from the Diamond Catalog you can also purchase them that way.

-Snags

Reaction score

I think this is an interesting idea, but I don't think it's a good idea. I really don't see a need or demand for these figures, because it's such a niche market (and they don't look that great enlarged). And for $80 each, I can't imagine that the casual collector will buy a whole set (maybe 1 or 2). Most of the serious collectors that I know would rather put that money into a Sideshow figure.

Reaction score

Boba and Stormtrooper are already selling for more than $200 each on the open market...

Reaction score

Greg helped me out with my PG membership straight away! He was great and Han (small head) was still available.

Reaction score

SirTristram said:
Greg helped me out with my PG membership straight away! He was great and Han (small head) was still available.
Greg is a legit guy! I'm glad you got your small head Han Solo!