12" Jumbo Vintage Kenner Jabba the Hutt Figure

Reaction score
If they don't mention it at Comic Con next weekend, I'm assuming that it's not happening.
Which, if true, makes it really pathetic that they gave us Salacious Crumb but no Jabba. But I agree... if there's no update on Jabba at SDCC, it's safe to assume it's canceled.

Reaction score
Every time I get an email from GG, I hope it'll be about the Jumbo Jabba, and it's always some ridiculous big-headed superhero figure.

Reaction score
I could probably see the Jabba being about or a little above what the Wampa when for. That thing was expensive on it's own.

Reaction score
I could probably see the Jabba being about or a little above what the Wampa when for. That thing was expensive on it's own.

At least $400-500 for Jabba alone, I'm guessing. Probably $200 for the throne if they really are planning to release it and sell it separately. Ridiculous price in my opinion, considering what the screen accurate Sideshow Jabba with throne cost a few years ago. I'll be passing on this. They'll probably make Jabba have a flat skinny belly just like the Wampa. :)

Reaction score
Probably $200 for the throne
That's a little too optimistic IMO. I reckon the Throne will be the same price as Jabba if not, then a tad less. I can't see how GG could retail something this hefty for anywhere near $200.

Reaction score
That's a little too optimistic IMO. I reckon the Throne will be the same price as Jabba if not, then a tad less. I can't see how GG could retail something this hefty for anywhere near $200.
With GGLTD selling very expensive items now - lifesize jumbo's and jumbo Kenner creatures - they really should start offering the "flex-pay" option like Sideshow does.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The last post in this thread was nearly four years ago. I've more or less given up at this point, given the state of the line and GG as a company, but have they officially said this won't be happening? Seems a shame to cancel at this point, since they obviously had the prototype essentially finished, and they've probably got a fair number of people who would be interested, given all of the Jabba-related figures they've released up until now.

Reaction score
Even combined with a separate base, I can't see it being more than or equal to Sideshow's 1/6th Jabba.

Reaction score
I think 6 years is a long enough time to wait, so I decided to take matters into my own hands. I got in contact with Desert_Octopus, who has published some 3D of vintage toys on Cults3D, and sent him one of my vintage Jabba figures to scan. Then I printed it at jumbo scale on my Creality CR-10S5 printer. It look roughly 200 hours to print all of the parts, but I think it turned out pretty amazing. I do plan to paint it, but I want to try it out on a smaller version first.

P1140422_edited-1.jpg

P1140420_edited-1.jpg

Reaction score
I think 6 years is a long enough time to wait, so I decided to take matters into my own hands. I got in contact with Desert_Octopus, who has published some 3D of vintage toys on Cults3D, and sent him one of my vintage Jabba figures to scan. Then I printed it at jumbo scale on my Creality CR-10S5 printer. It look roughly 200 hours to print all of the parts, but I think it turned out pretty amazing. I do plan to paint it, but I want to try it out on a smaller version first.

View attachment 359671

View attachment 359672
Looks awesome man. My 5 year old nephew has been really into your videos lately, love the youtube content bud, thanks for the pics

Reaction score
I printed it at 265% of the original figure's size. Since it is divided into parts, it was a little tricky to figure out how much I needed to scale them up to be the proper size, and I think I ended up making it a bit too small. Comparing it to some of the Gentle Giant figures makes me think that it should be another half inch to an inch taller, but I'm not sure I want to redo it just for that.

Dax

Reaction score
Given how all over the place GG is with their Jumbo scale, I wouldn't sweat it at all. Also, once you print the throne he'll look super impressive next to any other figure!

Reaction score
Thanks. I’ve actually decided to reprint it because after comparing it in size to my Gentle Giant figures it just wasn’t big enough. So I’m in the process of doing that. The first one is still very cool as a stand-alone object though. I’ve also had some good success printing smaller scale ones. I’ve posted some YouTube videos about that if anyone is interested.

Reaction score
P1150156 copy.jpg

It took quite a while (the body section alone was printing for over a week!) but I have now finished printing my even jumbo-er jumbo Jabba. Judging from the few photos of the Gentle Giant prototype I have, this seems to be roughly the right size, and it also looks right next to Gentle Giant Jumbos like Bib Fortuna, so I'm really happy with how it turned out. You can see it next to the old version below. The old one weighed about 4 pounds while the new one weighs about 7, so even though it might not seem like that big of a difference, it really is.

P1150154 copy.jpg
Now of course I have to prime and paint the big guy, which should be a challenge. But I have had some success painting smaller prints of the vintage Jabba figure, so hopefully it will be okay. (Both of the guys below are 3D printed and painted.)

P1140518.jpg

Reaction score
It took quite a while (the body section alone was printing for over a week!) but I have now finished printing my even jumbo-er jumbo Jabba. Judging from the few photos of the Gentle Giant prototype I have, this seems to be roughly the right size, and it also looks right next to Gentle Giant Jumbos like Bib Fortuna, so I'm really happy with how it turned out. You can see it next to the old version below. The old one weighed about 4 pounds while the new one weighs about 7, so even though it might not seem like that big of a difference, it really is.
Ohhhh... you know those pics are killing us!

In a good way, of course... our "pain" being a tribute to your pro work in "jumbo figure" efforts!❤:cool:

I don't like to speak for others, but I imagine I'm not the only one that has something like this high on our wishlists and watching this progress in awe.

A piece like that would exponentially spice up anyone's GG SW jumbo display in a way that dwarfs (literally and figuratively) the Wampa in my opinion (sadly, I could not even justify adding the Wampa to my collection at that pricepoint, but it was NOT an "easy pass")....

....so, yeah... the Wampa is a great SW character and toy... but c'mon: This is JABBA we're talking about! KENNER Jabba! :love:

Eyes on this thread moving forward! 🙏

Reaction score
Now that I have the jumbo Jabba in front of me, I'm not entirely surprised that they (apparently) decided not to go ahead with the project, since it's absolutely huge and would've been a challenge to package and ship properly. I imagine it would have had to be assembled by the customer in some way, but still.