12" Jumbo Vintage Kenner Jabba the Hutt Figure

Reaction score
I'd curb the excitement for now until we know if he even comes with his throne. So far it looks like he doesn't, which would be a huge fail by Gentle Giant if that's the case.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Is Gentle Giant playing Game of Thrones with us? Sorry I couldn't resist. :p

Reaction score
That's true as I mentioned above, but to be fair, if Sideshow released their Jabba and throne today, I'm sure they would charge 2-3 times what they charged back in the day. Everything has gone up significantly. And of course the GG's main selling point is the connection to the vintage figure.

Reaction score
If the throne is included then this will easily go for $800+. I really hope it would also include Salacious Crumb too.

Ty

Reaction score
At $800 the 23 year old me would be all over this without hesitation. The 33 year old me (now) is like "um... ehh... definitely can't make that work!" :'(

Reaction score
If there is no throne then I'm going to pass. The Vintage Jabba playset was great because of everything it included. GG not making the throne just makes this as incomplete as a vintage Jabba missing a throne.

Hopefully during a panel they'll announce the throne is coming but wasn't ready to show at SDCC.

Reaction score
It does look unfinished, maybe the throne was not ready for public display, as Klownzilla has said.

Remember when the early caped jumbo figures were shown at SDCC - none of them had capes, except Darth Vader, if memory serves.
Perhaps this is the same situation - technical delays...?

I'm more worried about the 2015 SDCC Princess Leia as Boushh paint app error. Already made reference to it on that page.

Last edited:
Reaction score
In the video over at yodasnews the rep mentions it's only the prototype.
I'm not sure how to take that to be honest as a lot of GG's prototypes have proved to be BETTER than the final product. The wampa being an obvious example.

Reaction score
Just saw Jabba in person today and let me say...WOW. the thing is HUGE!!!!! Very impressive to see, these pictures don't do it justice. Based on the size and salicious crumb I'm guessing this will be far more expensive than the wampa. but a TOTALLY cool piece.

Reaction score
Just saw Jabba in person today and let me say...WOW. the thing is HUGE!!!!! Very impressive to see, these pictures don't do it justice. Based on the size and salicious crumb I'm guessing this will be far more expensive than the wampa. but a TOTALLY cool piece.
So I'm presuming this probably similar in size to the Sideshow Jabba? Which raises another question for me in terms of value. I think I spent around $350 for the Sideshow Jabba, which included the extremely heavy base. If the price point for this hits upwards of $800... It damn well should include the base.

Reaction score
If just Jabba/Salacious/arm rest is $800, I'm glad they aren't including the throne because then it would easily cost $1,000 and probably more.

Reaction score
You can buy one hell of nice Jabba for the Price of this. I cannot see this selling for $800.00

Reaction score
You can buy one hell of nice Jabba for the Price of this. I cannot see this selling for $800.00

Agreed. As you said, the Sideshow Jabba WITH THRONE can still be had for less than this. Someone would have to be one obsessive vintage collector to want this for that much money, and if they were that obsessed with the vintage line and had that much disposable income, they could buy some real nice authentic vintage carded figures instead.

I really just see this Jabba as a huge fail by GG in several ways. They shouldn't have bothered producing it after the huge Wampa debacle, and if it's getting released without the throne, then it'll have an even harder time selling.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've been doing a little research on this, and found that Gentle Giant did indeed show an image of the throne at Celebration, as shown here. The thing that made me do a double-take was that they used my photo of my personal Jabba set (from here) for their "Paint Master" photo! Anyway, I tweeted them a few days ago about whether it would include the throne, but still haven't been able to get any confirmation. Maybe even they don't know yet.

I also found these very interesting shots from the "SDCC 2015: STAR WARS COLLECTIBLES PANEL LIVEBLOG" on starwars.com that I hadn't seen before. I wasn't able to find bigger versions unfortunately. I can't believe how huge this Jabba is compared to the original vintage figure! They should've kept the vintage Jabba in the display, since every other photo we've seen didn't have a frame of reference to show how big it is.

Reaction score
Great research icruise! I think they owe you an answer after using your photo. :) It's possible that they are still making up their own minds about whether to include the throne or not, but I think the fact that they digitally scanned the throne is promising.

Reaction score
Well the inclusion of a 3D-rendering of the throne indicates that they were at some point planning to produce the throne (and maybe still are?), but it's still concerning that it wasn't shown with Jabba himself at the convention and isn't in any of those unpainted test photos of Jabba above.

What really bothers me is that the original Kenner version of the armrest stand that the pipe/bowl fit on had two pegs on the bottom of it that would snap into the throne to hold the armrest in place. The giant sized armrest pictured with Jumbo Jabba at SDCC doesn't appear to have two pegs on the bottom since it lays flat on the surface of the table, similar to the modified one that Hasbro produced for its 2003 Ultra Jabba figure.

So that might indicate they've abandoned doing the throne due to the high production costs and will only give us what was shown at SDCC -- just Jabba and Crumb with a modified armrest with pipe/bowl. :(

I can't believe nobody bothered to ask GG reps at the booth or during their Q&A session about the lack of Jabba's throne. If they did, there's certainly been no report of it online.

And again, if there's no throne, then I'm very curious how they're going to portray this item's packaging. If its a faithful recreation of the Kenner box, then it'll have to include Jabba's throne in the photo as well as Jedi Luke and Squid Head. And people are going to wonder why we're not getting any of those.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am trying to stay positive on this. Maybe those figures are in production and just haven't been shown yet. I don't think either Captain America or Green Arrow were shown at SDCC and yet a few days later... voila! Also if anyone needs some rose colored glasses feel free to pm me..... :)

Reaction score
...a lot of GG's prototypes have proved to be BETTER than the final product. The wampa being an obvious example.
Has anyone else seen the missing paint on the final 2015 SDCC vinyl Boushh cape leg yet?
It aggravates me that the error was not on the prototype from last years hand painted 2014 reveal.
The fact that it's so obviously a deliberate aestheitc decision (incorrect, I might add) aggravates me even more - how can they omit paint on areas where it was so plainly visible on the prototype?
Sorry to go off topic, but Boushh + Jabba are my favourite characters from ROTJ. Is it really that difficult to get it right?

Even with all that digital scanning technology, we still suffer blatant grade school errors...
Reminds me of Chris Reeve in Superman The Movie: "All those those things I can do, all those powers, and I couldn't even save him..."

Last edited:
Reaction score
I told you guys several posts back that they showed the throne at Celebration. I was there. ;)

Reaction score
Has anyone else seen the missing paint on the final 2015 SDCC vinyl Boushh cape leg yet?
It aggravates me that the error was not on the prototype from last years hand painted 2014 reveal.
The fact that it's so obviously a deliberate aestheitc decision (incorrect, I might add) aggravates me even more - how can they omit paint on areas where it was so plainly visible on the prototype?
Sorry to go off topic, but Boushh + Jabba are my favourite characters from ROTJ. Is it really that difficult to get it right?

I had a ton of Favorites they messed up on with bad paint apps or missing paint apps, size and more etc etc. Look at 2-1B with 2 paint colors and they messed that up. Sorry to hear about your leia but not surprised at all.

Wait till Jabba finally gets here. I promise there will be a WTF moment with him as well.

Reaction score
I've been thinking about this photo that I posted a while back:

I decided to try and recreate it using the Sideshow Collectibles 1/6 scale Jabba:

Look how much larger the Kenner Jabba is in relation to the Sideshow figure as opposed to the Jumbo version. That says to me that the Jumbo is going to be a lot bigger than the Sideshow figure, which is really pretty impressive, since the Sideshow figure is quite large.

Reaction score
Looking at that picture of the on set prop Jabba. I wish sideshow wouldn't have put so much green paint on the face of their 1/6 figure.

Last edited: