12" Jumbo Vintage Kenner Jabba the Hutt Figure

Reaction score
I see that they posted a photo to Facebook that shows him on his throne. I think it's just a photo of the actual vintage figure, but the fact that they show the throne is encouraging. This is by far my #1 want for the Jumbo line!

Reaction score
Nah, you know me. I can take Jabba or leave him...

I do wonder about the price though. With the Wampa at $400, I can't see this being below $500, and probably more.

Reaction score
My guess is $799 at a minimum, but most likely higher. Maybe Salacious will be free, but only if you preorder the first week.

Reaction score
If it costs $200 I'm all in. Any more then that (which it will be) and I'm not buying it.
There's no way it will be $200. The Wampa was $400. I'm betting Jabba will be $500-600 since he's coming with his throne. That's a lot more plastic than the Wampa.

Last edited:
Reaction score
There's no way it will be $200. The Wampa was $400. I'm betting Jabba will be $500-600 since he's coming with his throne. That's a lot more plastic than the Wampa.

I know. The only chance we had at $200 would have been if nobody paid the RIDICULOUS $400 for the Wampa!

Reaction score
I'll most likely pass on this one. Not just because of the outrageous price it will be either. I'm quite happy with my realistic version of Jabba and his throne from Sideshow, and the shelf space I have available is going to be put to use for that amazing Hot Toys Back to the Future Delorean with Marty McFly instead. The funny thing is that the Delorean will potentially be a little bit cheaper than what GG will charge for their Jumbo vintage Jabba.

Reaction score
so they can make a Jabba but not a tauntaun errrrr whats wrong with this picture lol

Reaction score
Did they say they won't be doing a taun-taun, or is it just that they haven't announced it yet? I can't imagine that anything (aside from the large vehicles) is really off the table, but they've already made so many Jabba's palace characters that it makes sense to have Jabba himself. He will drive sales of the other characters.

Reaction score
so they can make a Jabba but not a tauntaun errrrr whats wrong with this picture lol
Honestly, I think a TON more people will be interested in Jabba than in a Taun-Taun. I know you love your Hoth stuff, but the Taun-Taun is a creature / steed; Jabba is an integral character in the trilogy, even in the first two movies where he's not shown.

All that said, while I won't be buying either, I do hope your get your Taun-Taun.

Reaction score
I'll most likely pass on this one. Not just because of the outrageous price it will be either. I'm quite happy with my realistic version of Jabba and his throne from Sideshow, and the shelf space I have available is going to be put to use for that amazing Hot Toys Back to the Future Delorean with Marty McFly instead. The funny thing is that the Delorean will potentially be a little bit cheaper than what GG will charge for their Jumbo vintage Jabba.
Agreed - The HT McFly and Delorean look to be absolutely fantastic !!!!!

Reaction score
This will be an easy pass for me too. Cool figure for sure, but I am only interested in the 92 original figures.

Reaction score
I'm a little biased, being a fan of Jabba, but I've never understood the whole idea of ignoring one of the biggest characters in the trilogy just because he came in a box rather than on a card. You want the Imperial Dignitary or General Madine, but not Jabba? Ok...

Reaction score
I'm a little biased, being a fan of Jabba, but I've never understood the whole idea of ignoring one of the biggest characters in the trilogy just because he came in a box rather than on a card. You want the Imperial Dignitary or General Madine, but not Jabba? Ok...
I don't think anybody ignores Jabba, as you said he's one of the biggest characters in the trilogy. Literally. It's just that he wasn't sold as an action figure, so most don't consider him part of a complete set. Doesn't mean we don't have one.

Reaction score
I don't think anybody ignores Jabba, as you said he's one of the biggest characters in the trilogy. Literally. It's just that he wasn't sold as an action figure, so most don't consider him part of a complete set. Doesn't mean we don't have one.
Yes, he wasn't part of the action figures and that's why for me. I have the original play set that he came in.

Reaction score
Yes, but I don't understand the idea of excluding him from the complete set of figures (or the rebo band, for that matter). There have been long threads in the Vintage section about whether he should be considered a figure or a "creature."

Reaction score
Yes, but I don't understand the idea of excluding him from the complete set of figures (or the rebo band, for that matter). There have been long threads in the Vintage section about whether he should be considered a figure or a "creature."
Yeah, and we don't need to revisit the discussion here, I guess. My point has always been that each collector can decide for himself what he wants to include in his list of figures. So, no problem with you putting Jabba on the list if you want.

Reaction score
Of course everyone should collect what they want. For me (in this line) that means just figures that could go in a Jabba's palace display.

Reaction score
Did GG say what they will be doing about the box for the wampa, by the way? That's the first figure that they're releasing that doesn't come on a card, and I'm thinking that Jabba will probably be packaged similarly.

Reaction score
You do have to wonder about that. GG has said that the tooling costs for these are high, but I'm sure they're still making a lot of money off of it. I'll give them a bit of a pass when it comes to Jabba though, assuming they actually come through and make it. It's become pretty much my favorite toy ever, and I never really expected that we might get a jumbo version of it. The demand for such a thing has to be fairly low, so it's understandable that the per-unit prices would be high.

Reaction score
These are hollow rotocast bodies, not solid plastic, so they are saving quite a bit of money on their production costs for that reason alone.

Reaction score
These are cool but the price pisses me off, especially when I see a 20 in jakks pacific figure for $19.99

Reaction score
Does anybody know if GGLTD is still going ahead with Jabba The Hutt?
I really like this line of figures, but it does feel like it might be winding down, to the point we start seeing "Event Exclusives" only.

Reaction score
If outrageously overpriced [which it will be - sadly] no. And I'm an admitted Jabba-holic!
I love Jabba too. If GGLTD forego a Kenner styled Jabba, I can live with it. Fortunately I already have the SSC version + throne set.
On a Jabba theme - some of the palace characters from ROTJ would be great to have as jumbo's.
Squidhead
ReeYees
Bib Fortuna
Amanaman*
Han Solo in Carbonite*

*I've measured these figures and scaled up out of curiosity. On cardbacks, these will be really cramped for space as jumbo's. Maybe they will be on alternate packaging? Even boxed, to accomodate the immense size?
If Amanaman's stick is packed diagonally it might be OK, but Han's Carbonite Block would be too big.
I just can't see them on standard jumbo clamshells/ cardbacks.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Funny, I totally forgot about Jabba. I'm guessing if he's not shown at SDCC, then we can forget about him. I wonder how well the sales of the Wampa actually were, and if it underperformed to the point that they decided it's too risky to do Jabba. I have no desire to get him due to his size and price though. Sideshow's realistic 1/6 scale version is much better.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I wonder how well the sales of the Wampa actually were, and if it underperformed to the point that they decided it's too risky to do Jabba.
Especially if they also include the throne with all its various pieces and Salacious Crumb. If the Wampa was $400 then Jabba and throne would be at least $600.

Reaction score
I have a feeling we'll be seeing Jabba the Hutt at SDCC. And would make sense to introduce Jedi Luke and Bib Fortuna, and hopefully Squid Head...all pictured on the vintage Kenner box.

Reaction score
I have a feeling we'll be seeing Jabba the Hutt at SDCC. And would make sense to introduce Jedi Luke and Bib Fortuna, and hopefully Squid Head...all pictured on the vintage Kenner box.

That's my hope as well. Couldn't care less about Jabba due to the size and price, but the 3 figures you mentioned are a must have before GG finishes their Jumbo line. I can't believe they keep procrastinating on Jedi Luke. Lots of people want him.

Reaction score

People in the "General Discussion" thread are assuming that the throne won't be included because it's not in the photo, but I'm not so sure about that. The original photo they posted when announcing this had him on the throne. Plus, I would hope this photo isn't indicative of how it will actually be displayed, since the throne railing is backwards, there's no string connecting the hooka to the mouthpiece, and of course the other figures just seem scattered nearby.

Reaction score
WOW... They did it! This is going to be a must buy for me.

I wonder if we'll have to have a credit check to be able to purchase this damn thing. (Sarcasm)