12" Jumbo Vintage Kenner Han Solo (In Carbonite Chamber) Figure

Reaction score
Really hope they do EV-9D9 because it was one of the best sculpted figures Kenner produced back then and even in this jumbo scale it would fit in nicely as a regular 1/6 scaled figure with my Sideshow/Hot Toys figures too. Same goes for Amanaman and 8D8. I'd love to add them to my Sideshow Jabba display.
EV9-D9 Would be great but I doubt they would make his Mouth move. On the other hand I'm sure they will have the arm fall off.

Reaction score
Nope that PC BS was always the dumbest crap they ever came up with years after the Movies were released. A female torture robot!? Not for anyone with a brain. They have found multiple ways to ruin the classic Star wars movies over the years. This was just one and it was an idiotic move.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Well, they referred to her as "she" in the novelization of Return of the Jedi from 1983, so... No. Plus it's baked right into the name "Eve" or "Evie."

Reaction score
Well, they referred to her as "she" in the novelization of Return of the Jedi from 1983, so...
I had to double check, but you're absolutely right. I learned something new today. I wasn't all tore up about it like some people, but had been sticking to my childhood assumption of masculinity for EV. Weird, because I read the book as a kid, but apparently skimmed right over the pronoun.

Reaction score
Weird, because I read the book as a kid, but apparently skimmed right over the pronoun.
I certainly remember reading that line as a kid and thinking to myself "cool, a girl robot" :)

Reaction score
I had to double check, but you're absolutely right. I learned something new today. I wasn't all tore up about it like some people, but had been sticking to my childhood assumption of masculinity for EV. Weird, because I read the book as a kid, but apparently skimmed right over the pronoun.
Also the EV 9D9 was voiced by Richard Marquand himself.

Reaction score
EV-9D9 is a "girl" droid for the record.

Wow! I didn't know that. I also learned something new today.

Reaction score
Nope that PC BS was always the dumbest crap they ever came up with years after the Movies were released. A female torture robot!? Not for anyone with a brain. They have found multiple ways to ruin the classic Star wars movies over the years. This was just one and it was an idiotic move.
What's wrong with a "female torture robot" (ahem, droid)? Is your belief that women (or female beings) are not inclined to perform such acts? That somehow torture is a procedure allocated to men? Sadism is an equal opportunity trait.

Plus, as pointed out, it was in the '83 novelization, so ruining your childhood with "PC BS" started in your childhood.

Reaction score
I don't know what but I have always thought EV-9D9 was a female. Maybe I listened to the audio and that's how I knew.

Reaction score
What's wrong with a "female torture robot" (ahem, droid)? Is your belief that women (or female beings) are not inclined to perform such acts? That somehow torture is a procedure allocated to men? Sadism is an equal opportunity trait.

Plus, as pointed out, it was in the '83 novelization, so ruining your childhood with "PC BS" started in your childhood.

Oh yeah it was pure PC BS even if it was in the Book from 1983. Jedi was the start of the PC BS in Star Wars Movies. I could point out plenty but it's all small fries next to the PC BS Kings of Kings SW-7.

And Robots don't have body parts that make them female/Male so as I stated it was/is Stupid. And the point of calling it a female and then use a Male to voice it easily makes my point.

Reaction score
And the point of calling it a female and then use a Male to voice it easily makes my point.
Oh, I see. Finding out a female actor played the role of the Emperor in ESB must have really blown your mind! :weeabooface:

Last edited:
Reaction score
And Robots don't have body parts that make them female/Male so as I stated it was/is Stupid. And the point of calling it a female and then use a Male to voice it easily makes my point.
And yet you don't seem to mind calling robots "he" despite their lack of robotic dongs (well, aside from this one).

Also, fun fact: Yeardly Smith who plays Lisa Simpson played EV-9D9 in the radio play of Return of the Jedi.

Reaction score
Oh yeah it was pure PC BS even if it was in the Book from 1983. Jedi was the start of the PC BS in Star Wars Movies. I could point out plenty but it's all small fries next to the PC BS Kings of Kings SW-7.
DarthMickeyMoose,

I'd like to reply to this, but I don't want to do so based on assumptions. You keep using the phrase "PC BS." Could you please clarify what specific aspects of Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens fall into that category? Thanks!

Reaction score
DarthMickeyMoose,

I'd like to reply to this, but I don't want to do so based on assumptions. You keep using the phrase "PC BS." Could you please clarify what specific aspects of Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens fall into that category? Thanks!
I don't want to assume either, but I'll bet it's close to the fact that TFA had a pretty girl in it. They scare me!

Reaction score

So why don't we call robots (droids!) it? Probably because we're human, and as robots descend deeper into the uncanny valley, we tend to anthropomorphize it anyway. We do the same with animals, of course, with little regard to what actual gender they are. For instance, we often assume, based on pre-existing Western (I cannot speak for the "East") gender stereotypes, that German Shepherds are male and miniature poodles are female. Why is it any different with robots and/or droids? It's not.

On top of TheGoodDr's point, do you feel differently about Greedo knowing that there was a female actor in the head (for close-ups)? Or is it all ok since there was a man in the full-body suit and a different man voicing? Which technically makes him 1 entire male. Assuming that male and female cancel each other out (i.e. their sum is zero), 1 male + 1 male + 1 female = 1 male.

MJ, hadn't seen that C-3PO picture before. Brilliant. I learn so much on this forum.

So, DMM, do you have something against political correctness, gender equality, or women in general? Based on your comments thus far, it would be fairly easy to assume all three.

P.S. SW math is fun. And absurd. I'm glad I could put my liberal arts education and parents' PhD's in mathematics to good use.

Reaction score
I don't really want to wade into this argument... but it's great to have some female voices on the forums, a visible presence.

Yes, nerds are typically awkward around women - again that's the stereotype. Daisy Ridley is young enough to be my daughter and pretty girls don't scare me. LOL.

Most of us are fairly open minded and as (middle-aged, I'm 45 this winter) SW fans that's the way it should be - but every now and then... a reminder of real world phobias rears it's ugly head.

In every community, even online, there will sadly be touches of racism, homophobia and sexism - somebody will say something to reveal that we're not all on the same page.
Because of the forum rules, it won't be overt.

My advice is brush it off and move along, you can't change people like that by trying to reason with them imo. "Water off a duck's back" "I'm a tree, I can bend." Repeat daily and when necessary.

Lady_Macbeth, glad to see you're using your liberal arts education to qualify your point of view!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't really want to wade into this argument... but it's great to have some female voices on the forums, a visible presence.

Yes, nerds are typically awkward around women - again that's the stereotype. Daisy Ridley is young enough to be my daughter and pretty girls don't scare me. LOL.

Most of us are fairly open minded and as (middle-aged, I'm 45 this winter) SW fans that's the way it should be - but every now and then... a reminder of real world phobias rears it's ugly head.

In every community, even online, there will sadly be touches of racism, homophobia and sexism - somebody will say something to reveal that we're not all on the same page.
Because of the forum rules, it won't be overt.

My advice is brush it off and move along, you can't change people like that by trying to reason with them imo. "Water off a duck's back" "I'm a tree, I can bend." Repeat daily and when necessary.

Lady_Macbeth, glad to see you're using your liberal arts education to qualify your point of view!
white knight to the rescue

Reaction score
Well, this thread became a *****how. Is there a cutoff for when you can join the premier guild? Anyone know when these ship if you do join?

Reaction score
Also, how to you guys know that the Han In Carbonite will be a free gift? Thanks!

Reaction score
Also, how to you guys know that the Han In Carbonite will be a free gift? Thanks!

Because you can select it as your PGM gift when you sign up for membership. All you end up paying is the shipping cost for it once they finally ship it out.

Reaction score
Quick Question Scummers: My order status for the Han Carbonite has said "Pending" for a few days now. Does it say that until it ships?

Reaction score
Probably. It won't ship until next April.
Jeez, next April? Where do you guys get this info? Also, you seem in the know; do you think there will be a holiday jumbo this year?

Reaction score
Jeez, next April? Where do you guys get this info? Also, you seem in the know; do you think there will be a holiday jumbo this year?
I really hope so even if they have to start selling the Max Rebo band one figure at a time!! ;)

Reaction score
So why don't we call robots (droids!) it? Probably because we're human, and as robots descend deeper into the uncanny valley, we tend to anthropomorphize it anyway. We do the same with animals, of course, with little regard to what actual gender they are. For instance, we often assume, based on pre-existing Western (I cannot speak for the "East") gender stereotypes, that German Shepherds are male and miniature poodles are female. Why is it any different with robots and/or droids? It's not.

On top of TheGoodDr's point, do you feel differently about Greedo knowing that there was a female actor in the head (for close-ups)? Or is it all ok since there was a man in the full-body suit and a different man voicing? Which technically makes him 1 entire male. Assuming that male and female cancel each other out (i.e. their sum is zero), 1 male + 1 male + 1 female = 1 male.

MJ, hadn't seen that C-3PO picture before. Brilliant. I learn so much on this forum.

So, DMM, do you have something against political correctness, gender equality, or women in general? Based on your comments thus far, it would be fairly easy to assume all three.

P.S. SW math is fun. And absurd. I'm glad I could put my liberal arts education and parents' PhD's in mathematics to good use.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:!

Reaction score
......here we go again:rolleyes::rolleyes:....BS needle moving....DMM must be....offending...some group of people...again...

Darren.....

Last edited:
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything about Han Carbonite's release date? Also, when will GG start talking about a new PG Membership? That usually happens early in the year!

Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything about Han Carbonite's release date? Also, when will GG start talking about a new PG Membership? That usually happens early in the year!
We typically launch the new PGM year in April each year. That's our plan again this year. Han should be shipping around the same time.
D

Reaction score
We got one of the final production samples in this week so I did a quick unboxing video of the new PG exclusive Han in Carbonite:

https://youtu.be/6HzLSSnBfJk

I like the reduced graphics on that cardback. The POTF logo looks better aligned to the right and smaller, like the SW ESB + ROTJ logo's.
And the Gentle Giant Limited logo doesn't actually detract as I thought it would - which is good.

Just watched your coin removal technique... tut tut Dan. You could have got an artist scalpel blade to access the coin, instead of ripping it out like that.
In case it wasn't obvious I love the packaging as much as the figures themselves.
The engineering that goes into those bubbles is amazing when done well... I'm still in awe of my Power Droid bubble! Sad but true.

This HIC bubble is large enough for my only major "wanted" jumbo item remaining - Amanaman. Still, thanks for the video upload.

Last edited:
Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSe2qbZQjqo

NEW Premier Guild News...

THANK YOU SO MUCH GGLTD!
All we've asked for over the last few years is some communication from you...
Keep it up.
Much appreciated both of you.

Changes are coming... no auto renewals.
Really excited to hear that you will start allowing fans to vote for their favourite SW mini-bust.
Please open this vote up for a SW jumbo figure too!

Last edited: