12" Jumbo Vintage Kenner Han Solo (In Carbonite Chamber) Figure

Reaction score
Yeap it looks like Han Solo with Carbonite chamber is coming as a Gentle Giant 2016 PGM Gift. Cross your fingers is doesn't go through some design change from the original Vintage figure before it makes it out.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Ahh RAD!! Can't wait!

Hopefully that means we're that much closer to Luke in Stormtrooper disguise as well.

Reaction score
Glad to see a Jumbo figure as a PGM gift again this year after Gentle Giant strangely chose not to offer one last year. It will make renewing the membership totally worth it for this figure. Hopefully there's one or more convention exclusive Jumbo figures to add value to the membership this year too.

Reaction score
Do you think Gentle Giant should correct Kenner's "mistake" and give Han eyebrows? I personally think they should, but some diehard vintage folks may disagree, because the original Kenner Han strangely does not have eyebrows, take a look in Rebelscum's photo archive in Kenner section.

Reaction score
It was a horrible figure all around. Terrible fat headsculpt that looked nothing like Harrison. Kenner should have just re-used the Endor Han headsculpt, which was slightly better than the Carbonite Han's head.

With Gentle Giant's claim of reproducing these figures and striving for accuracy (*snicker*), they'll probably leave the eyebrows unpainted. We won't know until the figure actually ships though since they'll once again just use a photoshopped image of the original Kenner figure whenever they reveal it on their website.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It was a horrible figure all around. Terrible fat headsculpt that looked nothing like Harrison. Kenner should have just re-used the Endor Han headsculpt, which was slightly better than the Carbonite Han's head.

With Gentle Giant's claim of reproducing these figures and striving for accuracy (*snicker*), they'll probably leave the eyebrows unpainted. We won't know until the figure actually ships though since they'll once again just use a photoshopped image of the original Kenner figure whenever they reveal it on their website.
Not stoked about this one. Agreed, not one of Kenner's finest sculpts... but it's a good sign that GGLTD are tackling a greater range of figures and for completists it means that you get a fuller final tally of characters from ROTJ + POTF - which in itself is a massive relief after 2 years of almost nothing in the jumbo format.

If anything - I am more curious to see the pack design for this Han in Carbonite than anything else - a forerunner to Amanaman? I hope so, it's the one I'm holding out for.
Both these are outsized compared to the general run of figures - and technically in the jumbo scale will require a new bubble design to accomodate them on an A2 sized cardback.

Reaction score
Looks like the figure is going to be packed behind (inside) the Carbonite Block......

Reaction score
And as usual, Gentle Giant are complete morons when it comes to maintaining current billing info. They emailed me saying they couldn't renew my PGM subscription because they don't have the current credit card info for it even though they billed me just a couple weeks ago the shipping cost to mail last year's PGM gift. I logged in and it shows the current credit card info, so they must be pulling some old credit card from some different place in their database to charge my PGM renewal versus the card I can view/edit that is used for current orders.

And of course there's no option on their site for me to tell them to try again once I confirmed my credit card info is current. Am I supposed to just re-purchase a PGM subscription again as if I'm doing it for the first time? I don't want to risk their system thinking I'm subscribed twice and try to double bill me later on. I emailed them to ask just this question this morning and still no response. Sigh... :(

Last edited:
Reaction score
And of course there's no option on their site for me to tell them to try again once I confirmed my credit card info is current. Am I supposed to just re-purchase a PGM subscription again as if I'm doing it for the first time? I don't want to risk their system thinking I'm subscribed twice and try to double bill me later on. I emailed them to ask just this question this morning and still no response. Sigh... :(
I had the situation and just subscribed again. I might regret it but if they couldn't get it to work with the correct and up to date CC number in there, I can't imagine that they'll even try to renew it again.

I never had a problem with the previous order system but with the new system, I've actually had far more problem orders than ones that worked smoothly. I'd even give them a break and say that a large amount of the problem orders that I had were at the beginning and a few months into the new system so I assumed that they had to work out some bugs but after all this time (maybe almost a year), they're still having the same problems. I guess since they invested in this new system, they're basically stuck with it but they should and probably are deeply embarrassed to be using such an awful system. Not only does it make them look terribly unprofessional, they look stupid for having switched to a far more messed up system.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm in the same situation. I updated my info months ago and have been shipped multiple orders using that card, but it seems the PGM orders are stuck using the cards we originally used last year. I bet a lot of people will end up just saying "screw it" instead of dealing with a lot of problems to sign up again.

Reaction score
I received the "failed" email yesterday, and today I received it again. Looks like they tried to renew the subscription again, with results of failure. I'll give it till tomorrow, then maybe renew manually.

Reaction score
I just recieved my confirmation email followed by the welcome kit with coupon codes. With that said... was able to reserve my Han Carbonite Jumbo...
Now the wait begins.

This seems alot easier than previous years? ... for $80 was a no brainer to add another POTF figure to the line-up. Sorry to hear others are having issues... and hope resolution is realized sooner than later.

Reaction score
I signed up on my own after a day or so had passed after that failure email. Then later that same day I received an email for another PGM membership, so they apparently put it through successfully and now I've paid for it twice. I've emailed them about it, but no response so far.

Reaction score
I signed up on my own after a day or so had passed after that failure email. Then later that same day I received an email for another PGM membership, so they apparently put it through successfully and now I've paid for it twice. I've emailed them about it, but no response so far.

That's what I suspected would happen, which is why I didn't immediately sign up again for it myself. All I did was email them 2 days ago in response to the failure notice, and the next day they automatically pushed it thru and charged the correct credit card.

I'm still annoyed by the incompetence of this company. It ranks up there with Digital River's handling of Mattel's online Mattycollector.com website. They make the same kind of idiotic billing errors over and over.

Last edited:
Reaction score

I too got the failure email when GG was trying to renew my membership. I did it on my own with no trouble. I never had the Carbonite solo form the 85 POTF line. Though I did pick one up a back in the early 2000's but sold him off a few years later. I actually liked the figure.

Reaction score

Samething happened to me, I just went to the GG website under My Account and Canceled the second one.

Reaction score
Hi Everyone- Just want to make sure I understand correctly. If I join the Premier Guild for $80, I get the Han Solo Carbonite Jumbo for free? Is there any shipping charge? I also get a $30 coupon and a $10 coupon? Are there any restrictions on the coupons? Thanks.

Last edited:
Reaction score
So you have to pay tax and shipping on the gift, but you can use the $10 coupon towards it?

Reaction score
So you have to pay tax and shipping on the gift, but you can use the $10 coupon towards it?
I would think that the $10 coupon is only good on an item and not usable for tax and shipping costs. If that wasn't the case then the free gift wouldn't cost anything.

Reaction score
I feel like I'm talking in circles here. If someone would be so kind, could you please spell out exactly how the Premier Guild works and how much the "free gift" ends up costing?

Reaction score
I think multiple people have answered this question already. You have to pay tax and shipping on the free gift. The coupons are for separate purchases. That's it, really.

Reaction score
Yeah, as people said above, it's $80 to join and another $20 to have your figure shipped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Well, I went ahead and officially joined the Guild tonight, for the first time ever. (I tried to join last night but was having trouble at checkout). I've never owned the original POTF Han in Carbonite, so it will be a treat to finally bring this figure home as a jumbo! The last one I bought was the Ugnaught so it's kind of fitting really! ;)

Reaction score
I did the same. Never had the figure back in the day. I bought one off ebay back in the early 2000 but ended up selling it. Very interested to see what this will look like in person.

Reaction score
Cant wait for this one, I am not getting all the jumbo figures as they take up too much space, but I will be at least getting the POTF 15, this is a must and really hoping to see the imperial gunner soon, that was always my favorite growing up.

Reaction score
Really hope they do EV-9D9 because it was one of the best sculpted figures Kenner produced back then and even in this jumbo scale it would fit in nicely as a regular 1/6 scaled figure with my Sideshow/Hot Toys figures too. Same goes for Amanaman and 8D8. I'd love to add them to my Sideshow Jabba display.

Last edited: