12" Jumbo Vintage Kenner Emperor's Royal Guard Figure

Reaction score
Just when we thought the Jumbo line was dead. This was definitely high on many wishlists. Glad to see it finally coming. Now how about more Jabba's Palace aliens??

Reaction score
Glad to see this guy released for real! But hope he won't come with the wonky short bubble Jedi Luke came with... Was Greedo like this also?

Reaction score
Hello! Was hoping someone can help me with how GG pre-orders work. I was waiting for this to become available for pre-order, and now that it is finally available I lack the necessary funds. Do they charge your account when the product becomes available/ships/processes or right away? I will have the funds in my account when it becomes available. . . Thanks!

Reaction score
Hello! Was hoping someone can help me with how GG pre-orders work. I was waiting for this to become available for pre-order, and now that it is finally available I lack the necessary funds. Do they charge your account when the product becomes available/ships/processes or right away? I will have the funds in my account when it becomes available. . . Thanks!
You wouldn't be charged until the item ships.

Reaction score
They will only charge 0.01 cents for the preorder. They only charge your credit card for the remainder when they ship it out.

Reaction score
Nice to see some more figures roll out. I bet we'll see Vader and older characters come out on new cards as well.

Reaction score
Wish they'd do more Jabba's palace aliens... mainly Squid Head and Ree Yees. And of course the rest of the main character costumes: Bespin Leia, Endor Han, Endor Luke, Endor Leia, Skiff Lando, and General Lando.

Reaction score
Wish they'd do more Jabba's palace aliens... mainly Squid Head and Ree Yees. And of course the rest of the main character costumes: Bespin Leia, Endor Han, Endor Luke, Endor Leia, Skiff Lando, and General Lando.
Would love to see all of these. I could see Endor Luke and General Lando doing especially well since they would add to the POTF jumbo ranks.

Reaction score
The Royal Guard is up for preorder on BBTS now for anyone who'd rather order there. I'm never ordering anything directly through Gentle Giant again after all their billing screw-ups and their credit card database getting hacked last year. BBTS is much more reliable.

Reaction score
I was looking forward to this, but that miniskirt cape and robe are awful! They need to be lowered. No pre-order here. I'll wait to see what actually gets produced.

Reaction score
That was just out hand sewn prototype. The production figure will have longer softgoods.

Are we sure about that? I thought they were still doing the deceptive marketing of photoshopping upscaled versions of the original 3.75" Kenner figures for these product photos rather than the actual 12" figure people will get as the final product. We probably shouldn't concern ourselves too much at this point about how the soft goods cloak looks in these photos since it's definitely not what we'll end up getting. Hopefully the real 12" prototype will be shown at Toy Fair next month. I just hope it's not some thin flimsy cotton fabric at that scale. It needs to resemble the felt-like fabric of the Kenner figure similar to what they used for their Jumbo Ugnaught's smock.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I hope it gets fixed.

I would confidently guess that over 90% of people buying Jumbo figures for themselves also have a better-than-decent original figure to compare it against in their collection. For the price, GG should be producing their Jumbos as close as possible to the original in all respects.

Reaction score
We have an updated prototype with the longer softgoods now. We will be taking new pictures of it and updating the images on the website.

D.

Reaction score
We have an updated prototype with the longer softgoods now. We will be taking new pictures of it and updating the images on the website.

D.
Are the photos of the longer softgoods up yet? All I can find are the miniskirt shots.

Reaction score
Update: They are going through the pre-orders today guys, make sure you have the funds available. :) I cant wait to get him. One of my favorites as a kid.

Reaction score
Update: They are going through the pre-orders today guys, make sure you have the funds available. :) I cant wait to get him. One of my favorites as a kid.

Looking forward to seeing photos of this in-hand.

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay, been really busy lately. Here are some pictures in hand.

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay, been really busy lately. Here are some pictures in hand.
Looking great! I ordered from BBTS so it might take a while for me to get it.
Am I dreaming or did they bring the tall standard bubble back?

Reaction score
Very nice! Anyone got the Hot Toys Royal Guard to compare?!