12" Jumbo Vintage Kenner Early Bird Kit 4-Pack

Reaction score
Good Halloween sale going on @ the GG website.

Got the early bird set 55% off with code TREAT250

Finally ordered one. Cane to about $150 shipped to Canada (shipping was like $40). Pretty happy with that.

Reaction score
Looks like the Early Bird sold out. And Hoth Leia sold out. Seems like a successful sale for GG. I like when companies clear out older stock for good prices. I wish there had been a few more Jumbo figures included in the Halloween sale!

Reaction score
I had the Early Bird in my cart but can't justify it because I'm lacking display room! *sigh*

Reaction score
Got my set today. It’s really heavy I was surprised. I opened everything up and overall the quality is great, only had a minor issue with Leia and the baggies. The problem I had with Leia is that she was covered in some kid of oily residue, like drenched. Not sure if lube from the factory or what but had to wash the cape and figure with warm water and dish soap. It came off easily but unfortunately I can’t return her to the baggie and the oil caused the blue writing on the bag to come off onto the flocked tray and some of the flocking.

I got this to have the figures opened so it is not a huge biggie especially for the huge discount but still a little irritating. I suggest if anyone is keeping this sealed to take a look at their Leia, hopefully I was a rare case of this.

Looking at some of the loose ones on EBay I can see the oil like mine in the baggie.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The problem I had with Leia is that she was covered in some kid of oily residue, like drenched. Not sure if lube from the factory or what but had to wash the cape and figure with warm water and dish soap. It came off easily but unfortunately I can’t return her to the baggie and the oil caused the blue writing on the bag to come off onto the flocked tray and some of the flocking.

I got this to have the figures opened so it is not a huge biggie especially for the huge discount but still a little irritating. I suggest if anyone is keeping this sealed to take a look at their Leia, hopefully I was a rare case of this.

Looking at some of the loose ones on EBay I can see the oil like mine in the baggie.
My Early Bird is scheduled to arrive today! I'll let you know if there is an issue. I wonder what that oily stuff was?? I am hoping to keep all of the figures in their bags and display them in the tray. Maybe they were stored in a hot warehouse and the plastic changed?

Reaction score
Pretty sure it has to do with Leia’s vinyl cape. Probably some kind of lubricant to stop it from sticking together. It washes off easy, but is quite messy when she comes out of the baggie.

Really impressed with the backdrop in the set. Nice thick cardboard, like the kind they use for board games. Hopefully I can find the space to display it one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk