12" Jumbo Vintage Kenner Dianoga Monster (2017 Convention Exclusive)

Reaction score
I hate to be one of the guys that nitpicks every facet of these figures but looking at the pics that RS has from the convention floor, the name on the card (inside the box) says "Dianogo" instead of "Dianoga".

Watching the above unpackaging video, I have to say it's pretty fun looking toy.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I hate to be the guy that nitpicks every facet of these toys but looking at the pics that RS has from the convention floor, the name on the card (inside the box) says "Dianogo" instead of "Dianoga".
Lol nice! QC at its finest

Reaction score
Does anyone know how many Dianogos :D they're selling each day at Celebration?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah everytime they give out the tickets for the sale they called a different color then the one I had.Came back at 12 both days boom gone.I doubt they wil have these for SDCC or on line.No doubt this was handled badly. The only plus side was it was for a friend of mine well his kid anyways. I had no interest in it to begin with. If anyone else got lucky more power to you.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Lol nice! QC at its finest
Whilst I'm not a completist, I have been buying these since 2011.
You're right the QC was off, right from the start... look closely at the spelling on the 12Back LP TOY text.
Assure has double S, they've all got a typo with one S. Thankfully it's so small you don't really notice it, but once you've seen it - it can't be unseen!
I just accept it and appreciate what I do like about them. If it's something small, I can live with it.

Reaction score
We will absolutely have Jumbo Dianogas at SDCC. And we have a quantity set aside for our on-line Premier Guild pre-orders.

D.

Reaction score
I was curious if you have a time frame for when the Dianogas will go on line. I wasn't going to get one for me but for a buddy of mine and missed out it at the con. If it's on a weekday I am boned because I work that day and hate camping out at my computer. I wish I had the time to do that.

Reaction score
The next 2 sales for PG members will be Thursday and Friday April 20th and 21st at 10am PST.

There will be another pre-order window for him before SDCC.

D

Reaction score
The next 2 sales for PG members will be Thursday and Friday April 20th and 21st at 10am PST.

There will be another pre-order window for him before SDCC.

D
Mid-day sucks. We have jobs. I was in a meeting during last preorder and sold out within 30 minutes. I know...first world problems. :p

Reaction score
That's always a problem with this stuff. Everyone work and don't have access to a computer. BB not trying to be hard on you but the way the sale at Celebration was handled badly. I do hope you have a good number of the trash monster for the sale.

Reaction score
Mine arrived today in a huge box. This thing is BIG and super cool! Gentle Giant did a great job on the creature and the vintage Kenner-inspired packaging. Very happy!

https://youtu.be/7kyqdcwV7IU

Last edited:
Reaction score
I received my Dianogo too! Very nostalgic - we played with the original so much the head tore off! The foam sure sticks to the inside of the blister packaging - had to play around to get it to display right so you can actually see the whole creature rather than just the head. Two thumbs up, GG! A convention exclusive that's creative and fun but won't alienate a bunch of collectors if they miss out on it - I think that's how it should be done.

Reaction score
Glad you guys are digging him! We've had a lot of fun with him this year around the office. He's been a really fun project to work on and I agree with you guys, I LOVE the vintage style box our packaging guy Matt put together for it.

D

Reaction score
I heard someone say a while back that G.I. Joe convention action figures shouldn't be stored in the foam trays they come in for long-term protection. Is there any potential damage from storing a plastic figure directly against foam?

Reaction score
When mine arrived it was in mint condition (Canadian address ). Luck of the draw I guess. Call GG about the damage and they'll make it right.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I emailed them with a picture of the shipping box and foot print and explained what happened to no response (which didn't suprise me.) Then I called on Friday afternoon and spoke with Richard. Basically he told me that GG doesn't guarantee mint packaging and unless the items inside where crushed there was little he could do. I tried to explain I'm not an opener so the packaging is part of the item. I also offered to open it if needed but he said it wasn't necessary. Then he asked me to send pictures of the damage and he'd talk to his supervisor but he wasn't sure they'd approve a replacement. I sent those plenty more pictures and got a "I'll send these to the team" response. I guess we'll see.

Reaction score
I'd be surprised if they didn't help you out. The packaging for the dianoga is half the charm of it. I'd accept a little scuff or something but it sounds like you've got alot more than just that.

Reaction score
I got mine Tuesday though it was for friend of mine.came in amazing shape.I do love the box art though.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'd be surprised if they didn't help you out. The packaging for the dianoga is half the charm of it. I'd accept a little scuff or something but it sounds like you've got alot more than just that.
Yeah, it's pretty banged up. I'd accept scuffs or dings but this was beyond that.

I hadn't heard from them and called last week for an update. They told me that my exchange had been approved but they can't generate a return shipping label because their order system was still down. They also couldn't ship a new one because the order system is down. Pretty much I sit in limbo because they can't get it together with whatever they're doing on the website. Sometimes I wonder if they're running their company out a garage or something.

Reaction score
I was able to get mine rolling. I called them and the guy took my card and he also brought up my order. You may want to try calling them again and see if they can issue a replacement.

Reaction score
I was able to get mine rolling. I called them and the guy took my card and he also brought up my order. You may want to try calling them again and see if they can issue a replacement.
I just have not had the time to call AGAIN during their business hours to remind them to do what they'd said they'd do. Stinks that it's on me to make them make it right when they're well aware of the problem. Of course now they've been hacked so once again it'll get back burner-ed.

Reaction score
Just terrible customer service and this is an old story. I wish you well getting your item. Don't slack with them.There happy to forget your problem, Good Luck

Reaction score
Finally pulled this out of the box. It is made of soft foam. Pretty cool. Hard rubber like the original would have been cool, but this is such a fun set and idea.