12" Jumbo Vintage Kenner Dianoga Monster (2017 Convention Exclusive)

Reaction score
12" Jumbo Vintage Kenner Dianoga Monster (2017 Convention Exclusive)
Interesting... very cool.
I need to let this sink in before I decide.

Last edited:
Reaction score
WOW - Fantastic! Love any alien, especially the classic 70's ones.
Love my jumbo Greedo and Bossk the most - I like green alot.

Now all we need is a Death Star to put the Dianoga in... Palitoy DS in extra thick card board stock please.
GGLTD can flat pack it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I love the trash compactor monster idea and the foam trash blocks are a nice touch! Maybe this one won't get its head ripped off like my original one did (turns out it didn't like having its head turned side to side and backwards too much, who knew).

Reaction score
If this is more than $40 than it's overpriced. It's a single mold with no articulation or paint apps. The foam is virtually pennies.

Last edited:
Reaction score
For those of us overseas in Australia, Europe + UK, the Dianoga was always unobtainable, as it was not bundled with the Toltoys or Palitoy DS.
Unless you were lucky enough to go to the States in the 1970's and pick one up yourself (or ask a Stateside relative to pick one up for you) there was no way to have the Kenner DS with Dianoga.
There was no internet shopping back then.

GGLTD are never going to make a 12" scale Kenner Death Star, so getting a component from it is really cool.
I think it's a great addition and fun.
I really like the GGLTD box art too.

I'm hoping it will be less than a standard jumbo figure, at $50-$60.
Yeah - the foam is more like packing material, but it's still a quirky touch - that harks back to the original accessory.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Agreed. The bust is ok but the trash monster?!?! Really? Horrible. At least I know I have more money in my budget for elsewhere now.
Yeah, I am trying to rationalize this. We couldn't get something cool like a POTF Luke Stormtrooper, Amanaman or the POTF Anakin but we get the stinking trash monster. Yeah, I am not going to rush GG's booth for this thing. Sorry, If anyone wants this its all yours. Then the big kicker is the 1 of 3 that I mention will be the SDCC exclusive.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Actually these two are shared Exclusives with SDCC. "You are getting to see these first, before we send the news out into the wider world. Both of these items are "shared exclusives," meaning they will be available at both Star Wars Celebration 2017 and San Diego Comic Con 2017"

Reaction score
Seriously?? The vintage line is a treasure trove of possibilities.....and GG pick this? Sheesh!
Hey GG, put some effort into the product! How about a mini-rig vehicle, or Speeder Bike, or even a three staged release plan for the Max Rebo Band....?!?!?!?

Reaction score
I honestly had to check that this wasn't an April Fool's joke. Oh, I guess the trash monster isn't terrible, but do we know the price? Something tells me it will be pretty high for what it is.

Reaction score
I can see the logic for the 40th anniversary. The first 21 have all been done and a repack really doesn't work where you want to celebrate the original packaging. I had an interesting thought about what GG could do next... maybe the Droid factory version of Artoo? I like the idea of the Rebo Band too!

Reaction score
This is B.S. I've been trying for over 15 minutes and all I get is a "502 bad gateway" page. Should have provided links to just go to to order what you wanted as well. Not happy after dropping $150 to join and have this happen right out of the gate.

Reaction score
Keep trying, I got through after 4 or 5 tries.

This is B.S. I've been trying for over 15 minutes and all I get is a "502 bad gateway" page. Should have provided links to just go to to order what you wanted as well. Not happy after dropping $150 to join and have this happen right out of the gate.

Reaction score
They sent an email with a direct link a short while ago.

Reaction score
Yes keep trying it too me about ten tries to finally get to the final page to checkout.

Reaction score
Does it tell you sold out, when trying to checkout? Doesn't show it on the product page for me.
When I attempted to add to cart, I received a "This item is out of stock" message. Now when I go there, it says unavailable. I did sign up for Platinum membership.

Reaction score
I'm glad I didn't bother signing up for PGM this year. The Dianoga is a waste in my opinion, unlike the brown haired Farmboy Luke last year. I still hate that I didn't get one even though I was a PGM member. :(

Reaction score
I'm glad I didn't bother signing up for PGM this year. The Dianoga is a waste in my opinion, unlike the brown haired Farmboy Luke last year. I still hate that I didn't get one even though I was a PGM member. :(
I got my orders through for both Lukes, had them cancelled and was given 2 gift certificates to make up for it. It got worse when I went to use the gift certificates later, they had just disappeared from my account and all e-mails to GG about them went unanswered. Between that and a year without a release (that I was able to buy), GG succeeded in nearly destroying my once very high enthusiasm for the line. I'll get my Han in Carbonite and the Jedi Luke and that'll probably be the end for me. I find it hard to spend $150 on the PGM without a guarantee of getting the exclusives especially after the Comic Con disaster where they showed that they can just say "Oops" and I've got nothing. Not to mention that I find it hard to spend that much money with a company that treated me worse than any I have ever dealt with.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I got my orders through for both Lukes, had them cancelled and was given 2 gift certificates to make up for it. It got worse when I went to use the gift certificates later, they had just disappeared from my account and all e-mails to GG about them went unanswered. Between that and a year without a release (that I was able to buy), GG succeeded in nearly destroying my once very high enthusiasm for the line. I'll get my Han in Carbonite and the Jedi Luke and that'll probably be the end for me. I find it hard to spend $150 on the PGM without a guarantee of getting the exclusives especially after the Comic Con disaster where they showed that they can just say "Oops" and I've got nothing. Not to mention that I find it hard to spend that much money with a company that treated me worse than any I have ever dealt with.
Yeah, I got everything from the line I wanted already. The only 2 hero figures I got were both the Bespin Han and Luke. Mostly I got the villains. This one is a pass but the funny thing is I have a buddy who want one now I am going to have hook him up. I really hope its not a battle to get this. I also hope I don't have to use a lightsaber and cut off an arm, a leg, and, a head to get one.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah, I got everything from the line I wanted already. The only 2 hero figures I got were both the Bespin Han and Luke. Mostly I got the villains. This one is a pass but the funny thing is I have a buddy who want one now I am going to have hook him up. I really hope its not a battle to get this. I also hope I don't have to use a lightsaber and cut off an arm, a leg, and, a head to get one.
I could be wrong but since they're saying it's a "convention exclusive", I think it'll end up being available at more than just Celebration.

Reaction score
At Celebration and SDCC -- that's been confirmed by Gentle Giant.

Reaction score
The lame dianoga convention exclusive combined with the Emperor on the wrong card (should have been ROTJ, not POTF) killed any reason for me to sign up for PGM this year. It's the first time in 5 or 6 yrs I haven't bothered renewing. And yeah, I'm still bitter about missing the brown haired Luke last year. So GG isn't getting another subscription from me this year.

Last edited:
Reaction score
The lame dianoga convention exclusive combined with the Emperor on the wrong card (should have been ROTJ, not POTF) killed any reason for me to sign up for PGM this year. It's the first time in 5 or 6 yrs I haven't bothered renewing. And yeah, I'm still bitter about missing the brown haired Luke last year. So GG isn't getting another subscription from me this year.
All those negative remarks about Gentle Giant's PGM makes me glad I never did sign up... And I'm happy about the lame Dianoga being an exclusive: I wouldn't be able to track it down anyway! At least with this, the Emperor and Carbonite Han, we're seeing that the line isn't dead. Gives me time to catch up on the ones I missed since I'm a bit late to the party (began collecting the line in 2015).

Anybody's got a spare 2-1B to sell?

Reaction score
All those negative remarks about Gentle Giant's PGM makes me glad I never did sign up... And I'm happy about the lame Dianoga being an exclusive: I wouldn't be able to track it down anyway! At least with this, the Emperor and Carbonite Han, we're seeing that the line isn't dead. Gives me time to catch up on the ones I missed since I'm a bit late to the party (began collecting the line in 2015).

Anybody's got a spare 2-1B to sell?
Yeah, as I said a buddy mine's kid is looking for the Dianoga though I have zero interest in it. I would imagine this one will not be hard to get.