12" Jumbo Vintage Kenner Boba Fett (Return of the Jedi) Figure - 2018 SDCC Exclusive

Reaction score
Just announced for SDCC 2018.

[h=1]San Diego Comic Con Exclusive Announcement #1[/h]Boba Fett STAR WARS: RETURN OF THE JEDI Jumbo Figure

Celebrating the 35th Anniversary of Star Wars: The Return of the Jedi comes The Return of the Jedi edition Jumbo Boba Fett! Gentle Giant Ltd. is proud to present this fan-favorite character as our 2018 Comic Con exclusive Jumbo! In 2010 Gentle Giant Ltd. Released the first 12” Jumbo Star Wars figure, 8 years and over 60 figures later the Jumbo line is still going strong and delighting fans by up-sizing their favorite vintage figures to the massive Jumbo scale! The circle is now complete with the very limited edition Comic Con 2018 release of Boba Fett on The Return of the Jedi backer card for the very first time! This new card release features the Return of the Jedi logo and a jumbo photo of Boba Fett in action on Jabba’s sand skiff on Tattooine, just like the vintage counterpart!

Digitally scanned from an authentic 3 ¾" vintage figure and reproduced to a substantial 12" tall, no detail has been overlooked in the making of this Star Wars Jumbo! Injection molded and made of durable plastics, this jumbo figure comes with his non-removable rocket, 5 points of articulation and his black blaster rifle, exactly like his vintage counterpart! This classic figure comes packaged on a 1983 Star Wars: The Return of the Jedi-inspired blister card with a resealable plastic outer clamshell to help protect and display this limited edition collectible on your wall, shelf or favorite showcase.

[h=1][/h]The Boba Fett Jumbo Figure will be available exclusively at our booth (booth #3513) at San Diego Comic Con July 18th-22nd. However, we have set aside a limited quantity of them for current members of our 2018 Premier Guild Collectors club. Even if you are not able to attend Comic Con 2018 you can still join the Premier Guild and order one (while available) and we will ship it to you after the convention*. The Boba Fett ROTJ Jumbo will be available to pre-order for 2018 Premier Guild members at 12noon pst on June 4th through June 6th. You can go to https://www.gentlegiantltd.com/premier-guild/ to find out more information or to sign up for the Premier Guild.

* someing shipping restrictions apply.

Reaction score
Easy pass por me... this will be the 4th Boba Fett if I'm not mistaken. I was expecting a new figure not a 'repacked' one. Or am I missing a big difference between this one and the previous ones (besides the card)?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hopefully, this doesn't turn into a repeat of the SDCC Farmboy Luke where they just cancelled pre-orders and then basically said "Too bad!"

Last edited:
Reaction score
Is it still up on the site? I can't find it. What section did you guys find it in?

I know they said it'll be up at 12 noon tomorrow and the next day as well, so at this point I assume they took it down for today already. But I just signed up for Premier Guild late last week so I'm not sure if it's all set up yet.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Man I just found out about this. I'm not a Premiere member and not really sure I want to sign up for a chance to buy this figure. I am in Canada too so I am not sure how much shipping would be either. Basically an $80 reissue is gonna set me back at least $200 and at that point I'd rather put the money towards the ESB HT Boba.

Reaction score
Is it still up on the site? I can't find it. What section did you guys find it in?

I know they said it'll be up at 12 noon tomorrow and the next day as well, so at this point I assume they took it down for today already. But I just signed up for Premier Guild late last week so I'm not sure if it's all set up yet.
The first day preorder sold out. Another chance today.

Reaction score

I signed up for PG yesterday and then ordered two minutes later. You should be setup. Of you follow the link from email it may say forbidden. Just login and then refresh and it will load.

Reaction score
OK I didn't realize the e-mail had a link. When you search the site or go to the exclusives category it's not there. But clicking the "picture" in the e-mail takes you to the product page still. Why can't they just put an actual link? I don't know to click borderless pictures. I don't expect that kind of thing to be a link. SMH

Reaction score
Signed up yesterday for PG Gold, and ordered ROTJ Fett at 3pm today. The $100 membership charge comes with the choice of a "free" jumbo figure, which unless I really like what's offered, it will go on ebay to recoop some cash. I was hoping they would tweak the figure to a lighter shade like the tri-logo version, but had to order this anyways because I'm a Fett collector.

Reaction score
Pretty much a disappointing SDCC exclusive. SO many other figures could be made. I was hoping for an Imperial Dignitary to go with the Emperor or another POTF figure w/ coin.

Reaction score
just picked this up...not sure why the site said pre-order would be at 12pm pst and its up now. not that I care...nice and easy to pre-order.

Reaction score
So I took the plunge and signed up for the gold account last night. Bib Fortuna isn’t my favourite but he is a must for Jabba if they release him.

I ordered Fett @ 12:30 EST. I used to have the Rocket Firing one but wasn’t happy with the way the chest sort of collapsed in on it so I sold it.

Now I am totally going to order an Emperor lol.

Reaction score
They should have done white Proto-Fett. Someone on Ebay made a custom one that was beautiful.

Reaction score
Very nice. I won't be surprised if we get another general release Fett soon.

Reaction score
So just to clarify, you don't have to preorder as a Guild member, you can just rock up to the booth during the show?

Reaction score
Question: if this comes back online after comic con, do you still need to be a PG member or will it be open to anyone?

Reaction score
Okay, thanks. Next question..can only PG members who are logged in see it when it does get reposted? Because the page I have bookmarked always has a "Page not found" error. I will join the membership again if I see it in stock and orderable.

Reaction score
Okay, thanks. Next question..can only PG members who are logged in see it when it does get reposted? Because the page I have bookmarked always has a "Page not found" error. I will join the membership again if I see it in stock and orderable.
yes, only current members can see the PG items.

Reaction score
Personally, I dont think its worth it unless I am certain to get the Fett. So hopefully if he goes up, a PG member will report it here. I only collect certain SW Jumbos and GG just doesnt focus on the line as much anymore, so the membership doesn't seem like it would benefit me.

Reaction score
They sent an email yesterday stating the Jumbo Fett is completely sold out and will not be up for sale.

I personally joined the club to just get the Fett. It ended up being cheaper than trying to get one on the secondary market, any release of Fett. I used to have the Rocket Firing one but didn’t like how the mechanism slightly pulled the chest in and gave it a dented look on he chest so I sold it. Even looking on Ebay now it looks like Fett sells for about $150 + and will be sure to go up.

I’m getting Bib Fortuna as well and have a $30 off coupon I’ll likely use on something the next time there is a sale (maybe the 4 pack).

Reaction score
Do you think it’s worth joining if this is the only figure I want? Like, will they definitely be on the site?
No I'd wait it out if I was you The price will actually come down. I for one just hate the package change from the original Jumbo's. I won't be going after this one at all.

Reaction score
Pictures popping up on Instagram. Looks real nice in person.

Reaction score
Pictures popping up on Instagram. Looks real nice in person.
Yeah I got mine on Tuesday. Never got anything direct from GG before. I'm in Canada so Fed ex charged me about $24 customs at the door.

Looks really sharp in person. Love the ROTJ card. The convention exclusive sticker was lifting up on mine so I took it off since I don't care about it at all. Really glad I got it.

Reaction score
Custom taxes suck! Too bad about the sticker but don't throw it away!