mjb

Reaction score
Re: Vintage 12 inch ESB Boba Fett: CV Exclusive

Got my Fett no issues

Rod

Reaction score

icedog1787 said:
...I'll just be a "yes man" and agree with everything the majority wants. It's no biggie to me since I'll still hold true to my opinions to myself.
I can only speak for myself but I for one think that would be great. If your past few posts are what you refer to as "stating your opinion".....?

One thing is to state your opinion....another is being a condescending smart --- about it. But that's just my opinion...people will probably not going to give your opinion much thought if you are being a butt about it.

Reaction score

Nice that the majority is coming in excellent shape.

Reaction score

What would be the point of logging in here if you are just going to post like a sheep. I say what I want to say here. Sometimes it gets me in trouble, but it isn't about members, it's about the crap we collect. So if you are going to just agree with the people here even if you don't whats the point? Kind of a waste of time no?

Reaction score

Turbowars said:
What would be the point of logging in here if you are just going to post like a sheep. I say what I want to say here. Sometimes it gets me in trouble, but it isn't about members, it's about the crap we collect. So if you are going to just agree with the people here even if you don't whats the point? Kind of a waste of time no?
Agree with you 100% Turbo however, one hardly states opinions when all they say is "I'm not going to cry if I don't get it", "You don't know what your talking about" and "I don't care what anybody thinks"...

Reaction score

Turbowars said:
I do find the ignore user feature wonderful. It makes certain members apear like they're mumbling to themselves. LOL!!!

Reaction score

Fett arrived today, looks like GG learned from past mistakes and put cardboard in the empty space so the box wouldn't get crushed! They are getting SMRT!

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

icedog1787 said:
Chris Wyman said:
icedog1787 said:
bonoferox said:
icedog1787 said:
You can roll you're eyes as much as you want but unless you've actually gone to a major convention and not some Bay Area weekly swap meet then you don't really know what you're talking about buddy. Go to a major convention and then add you're opinion because if you never have then you're input means nothing.
Oh great....icedog has returned. As I recall it's this kind of attitude that got you banned from the green lantern corps forums. Twice.
I got banned from that forum because cliques of friends got jealous from all the SDCC hauls and perks I get. I tell it how it is, experiences from major cons, and people get so bitter when they can't acquire a highly desired collectible they want. You can alert the mods all you want but I'm not breaking the rules by any means nor am I flaming anyone on here. It's not my fault that people don't agree with my points of view. Just speaking from experience so you can alert whoever you want... the mods, President Obama, Whoopi Goldberg, Chuck Norris, Bruce Lee, etc.
icedog1787, I see you just joined us here at Rebelscum.com on August 12th. It's typically in the best interest of everyone for new members to educate themselves by looking around for a bit before engaging other members of the board as you have done on several occasions already. I don't know your past at other websites, but here at RS, we frown upon people who instigate arguments and pick fights with other members. The term used for this is called "trolling" and it's against our forum rules. If you are going to be a part of this community, please post in the spirit of fun and cooporation with the other members.

If you have any questions, please let me know.
I'm not picking the fights. I'm just posting from my experiences and not a lot of people like how the process at major conventions goes for highly collectible exclusives. People may not like my opinion but I'm not here to agree with what everyone thinks is right. If I'm restricted to state my opinion then say so then I'll act like a "yes man" on here. I'll act like a robot or drone of the masses and just post what everyone wants to hear.

I've read the terms of service before I joined. Again if my honest opinion is going to be muted then I'll just be a "yes man" and agree with everything the majority wants. It's no biggie to me since I'll still hold true to my opinions to myself.
The way in which you represented yourself right off the bat was such that you are only here for your own benefit, you don't care about anything but helping yourself and no one else matters but you. Stating those things isn't exactly the best way to make friends in our online community. It just makes you seem bitter and annoying to the rest of us who are not only here for ourselves, but for each other and the betterment of the collecting community as a whole. If someone is already doing just fine obtaining all the items they need, what's the point of logging on to a message board to gloat?

You must see my point here in that you are the only one who is being negative towards others, not the other way around.

Reaction score

Chris Wyman said:
icedog1787 said:
Chris Wyman said:
icedog1787 said:
bonoferox said:
icedog1787 said:
You can roll you're eyes as much as you want but unless you've actually gone to a major convention and not some Bay Area weekly swap meet then you don't really know what you're talking about buddy. Go to a major convention and then add you're opinion because if you never have then you're input means nothing.
Oh great....icedog has returned. As I recall it's this kind of attitude that got you banned from the green lantern corps forums. Twice.
I got banned from that forum because cliques of friends got jealous from all the SDCC hauls and perks I get. I tell it how it is, experiences from major cons, and people get so bitter when they can't acquire a highly desired collectible they want. You can alert the mods all you want but I'm not breaking the rules by any means nor am I flaming anyone on here. It's not my fault that people don't agree with my points of view. Just speaking from experience so you can alert whoever you want... the mods, President Obama, Whoopi Goldberg, Chuck Norris, Bruce Lee, etc.
icedog1787, I see you just joined us here at Rebelscum.com on August 12th. It's typically in the best interest of everyone for new members to educate themselves by looking around for a bit before engaging other members of the board as you have done on several occasions already. I don't know your past at other websites, but here at RS, we frown upon people who instigate arguments and pick fights with other members. The term used for this is called "trolling" and it's against our forum rules. If you are going to be a part of this community, please post in the spirit of fun and cooporation with the other members.

If you have any questions, please let me know.
I'm not picking the fights. I'm just posting from my experiences and not a lot of people like how the process at major conventions goes for highly collectible exclusives. People may not like my opinion but I'm not here to agree with what everyone thinks is right. If I'm restricted to state my opinion then say so then I'll act like a "yes man" on here. I'll act like a robot or drone of the masses and just post what everyone wants to hear.

I've read the terms of service before I joined. Again if my honest opinion is going to be muted then I'll just be a "yes man" and agree with everything the majority wants. It's no biggie to me since I'll still hold true to my opinions to myself.
The way in which you represented yourself right off the bat was such that you are only here for your own benefit, you don't care about anything but helping yourself and no one else matters but you. Stating those things isn't exactly the best way to make friends in our online community. It just makes you seem bitter and annoying to the rest of us who are not only here for ourselves, but for each other and the betterment of the collecting community as a whole. If someone is already doing just fine obtaining all the items they need, what's the point of logging on to a message board to gloat?

You must see my point here in that you are the only one who is being negative towards others, not the other way around.
I'm not bitter at all and I've never before nor never will complain about how exclusives are handled at major cons. Life isn't always fair and if people miss out that's no reason to act like the world is going to end. You're trying to put words in my mouth but it's ok because you're the administrator and I'm just a regular user. I'm totally wrong in my opinions and I'm so thankful and joyous that you're making me see the light in things. Next time I'll make sure to buy multiple exclusives and sell them for half the cost on here because that's how a community works right?

Reaction score

Fett and Stormie arrived in perfect condition today. Even had a sheet of tissue paper over the bubble to prevent rubbing! Thanks to GG for their corrective action.

Reaction score

Great picture!

Reaction score

you don't have to have the same opinion as everyone else. that is not the point. you do not have to become a yes man to be here. there are plenty of people here with very outspoken and different opinions than others.

but in the limited time you have been here you have complained about people complaining, which is very ironic to me. and you have a very condescending tone. from my point of view it is you that has a problem with others who have an opinion different than yours, not the other way around.

have your different opinion while respecting others who have a view or are complaining about something that you would never dare complain about. that is it.....

wyman is hardly a strict mod....... he is a good guy. take my view for nothing or something, but please don't condescend to me.

Reaction score

OCWanKenobi said:
you don't have to have the same opinion as everyone else. that is not the point. you do not have to become a yes man to be here. there are plenty of people here with very outspoken and different opinions than others.

but in the limited time you have been here you have complained about people complaining, which is very ironic to me. and you have a very condescending tone. from my point of view it is you that has a problem with others who have an opinion different than yours, not the other way around.

have your different opinion while respecting others who have a view or are complaining about something that you would never dare complain about. that is it.....

wyman is hardly a strict mod....... he is a good guy. take my view for nothing or something, but please don't condescend to me.
Oh I have. It's one of the wisest words of advice in the history of message boards replies that I've read in my lifetime. Great job buddy.

Reaction score

Hey bro, we all get along in here yeah were not all " yes men" ie I think the 2-1b bust is a pile of poop, Alot of others disagreed with me but I moved on. nobody gloats or judges others in here unless you give others a reason to. Chris is a class act as a mod and everyone has a good time in here, if you wanna be a duche or be a cool guy is totally up to you, just be prepared to take the good with the good, and the bad with the bad, I personally call them as I see them soo, my best bit of advice, which you don't have to take is be cool and respect your fellow scummer and they will do the same. Back on track though, I think GG needs to focus more on their core product, mini bust.... Don't get me wrong these figures are great and really cool but I mentioned to A fellow scummer that sideshow's legendary bust of Commander Cody might catch a few GG collectors and sway them the other way. Gentle Giant is mainly known for bust and statues but this line might hurt them in the long run if they don't stay focused to what they do best! Much love on Boba figure but stay on target and keep us as long term customers.

Reaction score

Is this still going on? Take it to "general discussion," PMs or, better yet, let it die already.

This is the Fett topic.

Reaction score

Glitch said:
Is this still going on? Take it to "general discussion," PMs or, better yet, let it die already.

This is the Fett topic.

I agree.

Reaction score

TCM_Hitchhiker said:

"He's no good to me shrunk."

That is just beyond bad [censored]!!

Reaction score

Jumbo Fett photographs well donesn't he. A very photogenic chap.

Reaction score

Turbowars said:
Jumbo Fett photographs well donesn't he. A very photogenic chap.
Totally. That picture almost makes it look like he's holding a miniature Slave 1 Han in Carbonite.

P.S. Some of the censored words on this board blow my mind.

Hopes "blow" isn't censored.

Reaction score

Love the pic!

ps. I thought something big had happened when I checked the thread and there were like 20 messages...

Reaction score

Hello Has anybody ordered an acrylic case for Boba from CGA Collectible Grading Authority. I was going to submit my order for one since they have 15% off on cases until the 30th of August. But just wanted to know if the correct Dimensions the Height, Width, Depth,are correct. I just don't want to submit the wrong size and get stuck with a case that is not going to fit.

Reaction score

Artbp7 said:
Hello Has anybody ordered an acrylic case for Boba from CGA Collectible Grading Authority. I was going to submit my order for one since they have 15% off on cases until the 30th of August. But just wanted to know if the correct Dimensions the Height, Width, Depth,are correct. I just don't want to submit the wrong size and get stuck with a case that is not going to fit.
Are you asking for the dimensions? If not measure your own Fett and submit it. Ask them if they add a few mm to each of your numbers.

Reaction score

I hope to get mine this week. I ordered online so I of course paid a pretty-penny for it but I am super excited and I hope there is no damage to the figure or the case as that is seeming pretty common!!!!

Reaction score

Received Mr. Fett the other day. Absolutely love it.

Not to sure on collecting the whole line, but this one is a winner.

-MD

Reaction score

Just received jumbo fett and stormie this morning. Outer bubbles dinged up a little bit but the carding and bubble protecting the figs not on problem. They need a bigger box to ship these bad boys in. Other than that I am super pleased

Reaction score

Received Boba in mint shape today - was worried since it had to travel across country. I can see how these get damaged as it just fits into the box so absolutely no room for error. It is nice but I am not sure if I am going to keep or not. No way I can collect them all and with the size of this I really have no idea how to display. For some reason I am even afraid to open it as it is displayed so nicely the way it is.

Reaction score

Yeah I'm not sure about the line. As a novelty item boba fett collectible, I really like the Fett, but the stormtrooper pretty much sucks in my opinion and was not worth what I paid for it. Theres a few other characters I'd like to buy, but being completist on these with how much space they take up seems a bit absurd.

Reaction score

Boba Fett arrived in Rochester, NY tonight! He was shipped perfectly and is minty fresh! Pictures soon!

Reaction score

As Promised. Sorry about the quality and lighting! Better pictures soon when I have some free time!

mjb

Reaction score

Has anyone opened this, I was wondering if the plastic was solid or if it was hollow?

Reaction score

Wow, that's a great review... I am now a confirmed nut as I paid $200.00 for this thing through an online retailer. I am not happy that the figure is hollow but I guess it's weight would have greatly increased so logical choice on GG's part. The price seems to be a major gripe on everyone's part but weren't there only a limited number of Boba and Stormies made as they were exclusives? LOL, I guess this is my way of justifying the steep price!

A gag-gift, really?

Reaction score

I like the following quote from the review. No one can believe the price, especially when they know I'd like to collect the others in this line.

"Things to Watch Out For -
Watch out telling your friends how much you paid for this guy - they may attempt to have you committed."

Reaction score

In my opinion I didn't mind paying $85 for Boba Fett and the Stormtrooper. They're celebrating the anniversary of Empire Strikes Back and they're exclusives. I won't pay $85 each for mass releases but with the vintage art work along with the figure make them a better value than say a Diamond Select 1/4 Figures in my opinion!

Reaction score

I'm curious to see what the price will be for others that follow, but my guess would be not much below the $85 price point.

I think the idea behind this product is to attract fans that are not into the usual products that they sell (ie vintage collectors), but people accustomed to dropping $100+ for one item.

Their marketing strategy for this is "Let's work the nostalgia angle" and fans won't mind shelling out this type of cash for a hollow piece of plastic.

Have to admit seems to be working at this point, but I think the jury is still out on whether this will work if they produce let's say a Bespin Security Guard.

Reaction score

But they were never actually this big so where's the nostalgia there?
I just see it as a cool Boba related collectible.

Michael Crawford makes a great point about how these things really could be sold at a $20 or $30 price point or even in stores. Think of how cheap it would be to make something like this for a company.

Status
Not open for further replies.