12" Jumbo Vintage Kenner Boba Fett CV Exclusive Action Figure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Re: Vintage 12 inch ESB Boba Fett: CV Exclusive

jediwatto said:
The Fett came in banged up today. Called Gentle Giant and they said it may take 60-90 days for a replacement.
That could be "good news" that they are making more!

Reaction score

My Stormtrooper was packed very tightly.There were strips of cardboard to hold it in place.I am not sure how the Fett will come.Mine is schedualed for Friday.

Reaction score

got my fett today.
glad that it came in near mint condition.

Reaction score

phantomrs said:
jediwatto said:
The Fett came in banged up today. Called Gentle Giant and they said it may take 60-90 days for a replacement.
They're not making more. From what I've heard that didn't have all 1,500 ready for CV **SURPRISE** and the rest of the 1,500 will be here within 30-90 days...

Reaction score

Forgot the reps name but they did ask for pics.

Reaction score

rnbuda said:
phantomrs said:
jediwatto said:
They're not making more. From what I've heard that didn't have all 1,500 ready for CV **SURPRISE** and the rest of the 1,500 will be here within 30-90 days...
ok, but still more coming!

Reaction score

it is kinda weird how the stormtrooper stays up on the site, if they are both an edition of 1500 you would have to figure there are more coming, either that or the Boba is just way more popular than the stormy!

Reaction score

phantomrs said:
it is kinda weird how the stormtrooper stays up on the site, if they are both an edition of 1500 you would have to figure there are more coming, either that or the Boba is just way more popular than the stormy!
I would assume that Boba is way more popular than the Stormy.

Reaction score

My Fett arrived today and his coolness factor is through the rough. As with my Trooper, he was packed well, and arrived perfect, though he came right out of the package. I freakin' LOVE these!

Reaction score

Boba is just that popular. Probably the most popular character in Star Wars history.

Reaction score

Got my Fett today, very cool. Like it alot more than I thought I would.

Reaction score

My Fett arrived today and, like the Stormtrooper, made it in mint condition. In fact, it appears that Gentle Giant has learned a little something from the poor packaging on the Stormtrooper and padded it with blocks of cardboard, designed to be the same height and depth of the bubble. These cardboard blocks reinforced the box and led to a mint condition figure. Thanks GG!

Reaction score

I got my Fett today and I wasn't too happy when i saw the shipping box but atleast they packed it a LOT better than the Stormy and it arrived just fine. Pretty cool looking too:)

Reaction score

CW_Walker said:
My Fett arrived today and, like the Stormtrooper, made it in mint condition. In fact, it appears that Gentle Giant has learned a little something from the poor packaging on the Stormtrooper and padded it with blocks of cardboard, designed to be the same height and depth of the bubble. These cardboard blocks reinforced the box and led to a mint condition figure. Thanks GG!
Same for me for my Fett that arrived today. But I have a question on the card. It looks like there is a wonky circle towards the upper left part (his left) chest about 3/4 in in diameter. Is that part of the card art or an error in the printing? It really looks odd.

Reaction score

My Fett arrived today and the 3 pieces of paper in the shipping box didn't do it much good. I know it is not as major as some I have seen on the boards but as much as these things cost there should be no reason it shouldn't be perfect whet it arrives.

Jewell did say that they would replace it but will take 60-90 days.

Reaction score

malak said:
My Fett arrived today and the 3 pieces of paper in it didn't do it much good.

Wow, welcome to the club.

Reaction score

Boba Fett will be here Monday! For GG's sake it better be mint!

Reaction score

malak said:
My Fett arrived today and the 3 pieces of paper in the shipping box didn't do it much good. I know it is not as major as some I have seen on the boards but as much as these things cost there should be no reason it shouldn't be perfect whet it arrives.

Such BS on GG's part. There's no excuse. These things are not cheap and they should be packed better.

Reaction score

toasterstrudels said:
Same for me for my Fett that arrived today. But I have a question on the card. It looks like there is a wonky circle towards the upper left part (his left) chest about 3/4 in in diameter. Is that part of the card art or an error in the printing? It really looks odd.
I feel pretty lucky that mine arrived in perfect condition today. Sorry for those who have received one in less than perfect condition.

It appears the "wonky circle" you speak of is present in the source material as you can see the same mark on the card front of the new 3.75 Fett from Hasbro's Vintage collection line. The pic of the original Fett on the back of the new card also shows the mark.

Reaction score

Yeah man with the price people pay for this item you'd expect it to come at no worse at near mint condition. Even after all these years the packing team at Gentle Giant still act like monkeys.

Reaction score

Well I got mine in today. The box had a nice size dent on the side but everything was ok inside. The figure was not damaged at all.

Jason

Reaction score

Turbowars said:
malak said:

Such BS on GG's part. There's no excuse. These things are not cheap and they should be packed better.
I got a feeling only the clamshells & backings will be offered as replacements. Hmmmmm...

Reaction score

Got my Fett yesterday. Box was a bit banged up but figure was ok thankfully.

Reaction score

Has anybody ordered an acrylic case for Boba from CGA Collectible Grading Authority. I was going to submit my order for one since they have 15% off on cases until the 30th of August. But just wanted to know if the correct Dimensions the Height, Width, Depth,are correct. I just don't want to submit the wrong size and get stuck with a case that is not going to fit.

Reaction score

Agreed with you guys here. At 85 bucks a pop they should really do a better job shipping them out. There is no excuse for this

Reaction score

There's no excuse for it but Gentle Giant has been known throughout the years to pack items in a just big enough box without enough packing material to prevent damage.

Reaction score

Mine came in today. The shipping box was in pretty solid shape. I got lucky, it had five rectangular cardboard inserts and two reasonable layers of packaging paper. Overall, I'd say it was a good packaging job on GG's part and certainly alittle better than how my SSC 12" figures get to me with just one shipper box and no padding.

As for the Fett, it's pretty impressive how huge it is. In it's packaging it makes for a very nice display piece or back-drop for a Fett focused shelf.

Reaction score

Wow I am so glad I snagged one their site when I did. Ive seen these hitting $200 now!

Mine will finally be here tomorrow but I can't get it till Saturday as I had it shipped to my GF's as I am in the middle of a move. The anticipation is excruciation!

Reaction score

icedog1787 said:
You can roll you're eyes as much as you want but unless you've actually gone to a major convention and not some Bay Area weekly swap meet then you don't really know what you're talking about buddy. Go to a major convention and then add you're opinion because if you never have then you're input means nothing.
Oh great....icedog has returned. As I recall it's this kind of attitude that got you banned from the green lantern corps forums. Twice.

Reaction score

bonoferox said:
icedog1787 said:
You can roll you're eyes as much as you want but unless you've actually gone to a major convention and not some Bay Area weekly swap meet then you don't really know what you're talking about buddy. Go to a major convention and then add you're opinion because if you never have then you're input means nothing.
Oh great....icedog has returned. As I recall it's this kind of attitude that got you banned from the green lantern corps forums. Twice.
That above quote was for me. Little does this kid know, not only have I been to SDCC & C4, I represent a company at tradeshows across the US including IAAPA!

Reaction score

Yeah... You can expect a lot more similar posts from him. I've already notified the mods here

Reaction score

bonoferox said:
icedog1787 said:
I got banned from that forum because cliques of friends got jealous from all the SDCC hauls and perks I get. I tell it how it is, experiences from major cons, and people get so bitter when they can't acquire a highly desired collectible they want. You can alert the mods all you want but I'm not breaking the rules by any means nor am I flaming anyone on here. It's not my fault that people don't agree with my points of view. Just speaking from experience so you can alert whoever you want... the mods, President Obama, Whoopi Goldberg, Chuck Norris, Bruce Lee, etc.

Chris Wyman

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score

icedog1787 said:
bonoferox said:
icedog1787 said:
I got banned from that forum because cliques of friends got jealous from all the SDCC hauls and perks I get. I tell it how it is, experiences from major cons, and people get so bitter when they can't acquire a highly desired collectible they want. You can alert the mods all you want but I'm not breaking the rules by any means nor am I flaming anyone on here. It's not my fault that people don't agree with my points of view. Just speaking from experience so you can alert whoever you want... the mods, President Obama, Whoopi Goldberg, Chuck Norris, Bruce Lee, etc.
icedog1787, I see you just joined us here at Rebelscum.com on August 12th. It's typically in the best interest of everyone for new members to educate themselves by looking around for a bit before engaging other members of the board as you have done on several occasions already. I don't know your past at other websites, but here at RS, we frown upon people who instigate arguments and pick fights with other members. The term used for this is called "trolling" and it's against our forum rules. If you are going to be a part of this community, please post in the spirit of fun and cooporation with the other members.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Reaction score

Chris Wyman said:
icedog1787 said:
bonoferox said:
icedog1787 said:
icedog1787, I see you just joined us here at Rebelscum.com on August 12th. It's typically in the best interest of everyone for new members to educate themselves by looking around for a bit before engaging other members of the board as you have done on several occasions already. I don't know your past at other websites, but here at RS, we frown upon people who instigate arguments and pick fights with other members. The term used for this is called "trolling" and it's against our forum rules. If you are going to be a part of this community, please post in the spirit of fun and cooporation with the other members.

If you have any questions, please let me know.
I'm not picking the fights. I'm just posting from my experiences and not a lot of people like how the process at major conventions goes for highly collectible exclusives. People may not like my opinion but I'm not here to agree with what everyone thinks is right. If I'm restricted to state my opinion then say so then I'll act like a "yes man" on here. I'll act like a robot or drone of the masses and just post what everyone wants to hear.

I've read the terms of service before I joined. Again if my honest opinion is going to be muted then I'll just be a "yes man" and agree with everything the majority wants. It's no biggie to me since I'll still hold true to my opinions to myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.