12" Jumbo Vintage Kenner 2-1B Figure

Reaction score
one just went for 113.50 on ebay tonight...pre-order.... thats much lower than GG retail listing isnt it...
No if you didn't pick this as your PGM gift it's $80 plus shipping. I wouldn't buy one for $80 and expect to make money off it after ebay's fees.

I also got the email about a week ago regarding Thursday processing and that's the last I heard of it. Not sure when it'll ship but I made sure my payment info was current.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I received my shipping notice, Im pretty much done with this line till I get my Luke Stormy wish so... anyone wana trade/buy him?
I have one already, but my best friend has started picking a choosing a few to collect and he might want it. If you are selling at cost, PM me and I'll ask him today.

Reaction score
Can anyone else confirm whether or not the neck on their 2-1B Jumbo is painted? Mine is NOT painted and like the original figure, it's supposed to be Silver. If unpainted is the way GG produced these then fine, but if others have it painted then I want to exchange it. Thanks!

Reaction score
Can anyone else confirm whether or not the neck on their 2-1B Jumbo is painted? Mine is NOT painted and like the original figure, it's supposed to be Silver. If unpainted is the way GG produced these then fine, but if others have it painted then I want to exchange it. Thanks!
I haven't actually received mine in the mail yet, but when I do, I'll let you know. If anyone else has one in hand, please post!

GGC

Reaction score
None have it pained (the only one I saw with it painted was GG's early on prototypes), I got an early sample in Jan and mine was not painted either, take a look - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSTKimaLbtk&feature=youtu.be

I'm pretty sure they are all the same, none with painted neck

Last edited:
Reaction score
Strange some people have theirs and mine hasn't even shipped yet. I ordered it the very day they it went up as a PGM gift.

Reaction score
Strange some people have theirs and mine hasn't even shipped yet. I ordered it the very day they it went up as a PGM gift.
Add me to that list. Sad thing is, none of my pre-orders have yet to be ported over to their "New" system, so I can't even call and ask about the order, because I have no clue what the order number was.

Also, can't check my reward points, because they're not there either.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Received mine today. The neck is unpainted. :(

At this point it no longer surprises me when GG repeatedly screws up nearly every figure in this line, either with sculpting, paint apps, or the packaging itself. I dread what they might screw up with their Super Powers line next year. I'm looking forward to that line now more than any other new Star Wars figures they plan to offer. I'm just waiting for a few select ROTJ characters to be released before I call it quits with this line all together. When are we going to get Jedi Luke??

Last edited:
Reaction score
The fact that the actual sticker ON THE PACKAGE shows a painted neck just cracks me up. Unreal. Feel for y'all that have stuck it out with this line.

Reaction score
2-1B received. Really nice figure. I'm not too concerned with the unpainted neck piece. If people hadn't posted, I would never had noticed. In my opinion it's not a "necessary" pain application.

I don't think this is a GG oversight... there must be another reason (probably money) as to why the decided to leave the application off. Each application costs an additional amount and maybe they were at their production cost limit. (I don't mean to open up a can of worms about how much these actually cost GG, but every company has a production cost limit (remember we hear this ALL the time from Matty Collector).

Reaction score
Add me to that list. Sad thing is, none of my pre-orders have yet to be ported over to their "New" system, so I can't even call and ask about the order, because I have no clue what the order number was.

Also, can't check my reward points, because they're not there either.
I sent them an email on the 9th but no response yet. My order still says "pending" even though it was supposed to be processed on the 2nd. Maybe they got complaints about the unpainted neck and put them on hold?

This whole thing is bizarre and makes me wonder how they stay in business. The only Jumbo figures they've really done well with in my opinion are Death Star Droid and C-3P0. The rest all have something wrong with them whether it's a proportion issue, paint issue, shine of the plastic, etc. Don't they realize most vintage figures were shiny? Why are they churning out matte figures at these prices?

/rant

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think its moronic that they have to retool figs like Bossk... mess up heights... get logos wrong(ig88), I had high hopes for this line.. now Im keeping a chosen few. Sad panda

Reaction score
I think its moronic that they have to retool figs like Bossk... mess up heights... get logos wrong(ig88), I had high hopes for this line.. now Im keeping a chosen few. Sad panda
At premium collectible prices you'd think they would have had a much better eye for detail. It looks like they're making these as cheaply as possible in some crappy Chinese factory with no quality control in hopes that people will continue buying them indefinitely.

I for one am done. If I ever get my 2-1B that'll be it. And it's going right on ebay.

Reaction score
At premium collectible prices you'd think they would have had a much better eye for detail. It looks like they're making these as cheaply as possible in some crappy Chinese factory with no quality control in hopes that people will continue buying them indefinitely.

I for one am done. If I ever get my 2-1B that'll be it. And it's going right on ebay.
Yeah, I think we all hit that breaking point after a while. Mistake after mistake just keep adding up after while to the point where you just can't take it anymore. You begin to realize that the really nice figures are few and far between, and hopes and expectations for future figures begins to diminish significantly.

After years of being the biggest cheerleader for this line and collecting every figure, Bossk was the figure that did it for me. 2-1B and Han Bespin were at the top of my list for future releases, and, well, this neck paint issue for 2-1B and….do I really need to say anything about Han Bespin that hasn't already been said? I'll just leave it at….wow. :wtf:

Again, this should be the easiest line on the planet to manage, yet, somehow, they find a way to make blatant errors that are obvious within seconds to the collectors they're trying to appeal to.

I now see they are branching out into GI Joe, Batman Animated and the Super Powers line. Good luck to the fans of those lines, you're in for a long, bumpy ride.

…by that I mean massive disappointment.

:'(

Reaction score
Fortunately there's only around half a dozen figures I'm holding out for and then I can be done with this line too. I'm certainly not hoping for them to do EVERY character now, but Jedi Luke is a must have. The Emperor and his Royal Guard rank up there as well. I'd love to get 3 or 4 of Jabba's aliens too, but I dread to see how they might screw up Bib Fortuna, Squid Head, or Ree Yees with additional sculpted details or screwing up the soft goods clothing.

One thing I've noticed is that they seem to be slowing down on their new figure reveals, as well as offering the eventual preorders. Aside from the exclusive DROIDS C-3PO, nothing new has been teased since the Ackbar/Boushh Leia/Ugnaught/Logray batch was shown last summer, and it took forever for them to finally get around to offering the last of those (Logray) as a preorder. I wonder if releases for this line will be fewer and far between from now on with their focus divided among other Jumbo lines for GI Joe, Secret Wars, and Super Powers too.

It's not like they have run out of the top tier characters to make. There's still Bespin Leia, Jedi Luke, Stormtrooper Luke, Han Carbonite, Han Endor, Leia Endor, Luke Endor, General Lando, and Skiff Lando. And then after the main characters, there's probably still enough collector demand for some of the ROTJ aliens too. That's why I'm somewhat annoyed that they are already branching into DROIDS repaints when they had just barely scratched the surface of the ROTJ line.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I look at how nice that the jakks Pacific figures are for $20 or less and look at this line and Hasbro and just think wtf?

Reaction score
I hate they are soliciting for new PGM gifts when last year's haven't even been sent out to everyone yet. I keep waiting.

Reaction score
I hate they are soliciting for new PGM gifts when last year's haven't even been sent out to everyone yet. I keep waiting.
Have you checked the web site to verify your credit card is still on file? I had been waiting for a shipping notification myself but yesterday I logged in and realized I no longer had a credit card on file. I updated that and now I see a pending charge on the card for my 2-1B figure.

Reaction score
Yes, I do have a credit card on file and even ordered the 3PO a few days back with it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
And even if my card was dropped some how off the order, shouldn't they at least send out an order failure email?

Reaction score
And even if my card was dropped some how off the order, shouldn't they at least send out an order failure email?
Although that does make sense in theory, their new web site has had a multitude of issues since implementation. I waited a few weeks and never received any communication from them.

Reaction score
so i been looking at the auctions for this as they occur and i gotta say, its impressive. So far the reception has been well received and demand is strong for this figure. I am not surprised tho, hes pretty neat looking and I think they did a good job. I liked this figure as a kid so I will be getting this one at some point.

Reaction score
Have you checked the web site to verify your credit card is still on file? I had been waiting for a shipping notification myself but yesterday I logged in and realized I no longer had a credit card on file. I updated that and now I see a pending charge on the card for my 2-1B figure.
I updated my credit card even before they said these would be processing on the 2nd. Still no change at all in status, and no response to messages. I opened a ticket a week ago.

I guess I have to find a number to call since I don't see one listed on the site. What a weird deal this is.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I updated my credit card even before they said these would be processing on the 2nd. Still no change at all in status, and no response to messages. I opened a ticket a week ago.

I guess I have to find a number to call since I don't see one listed on the site. What a weird deal this is.

I'm in the same situation, I called last week and they said they were processing the December orders at that time. Its weird because I got an email yesterday from gentle giant saying the figure was in stock. I would think they wouldn't have it as being in stock until all Gift orders are fulfilled. If you call please let us know what they say

Reaction score
I was thinking of calling this week but I figured a lot of their office is probably working Celebration.

I want to give them my money for their items. They just make it very hard to.

Reaction score
Well, mine shipped. No reply to my email to customer service, just a ship notification.

I just wish I knew better what was going on with the stuff I order from them. I mean, don't even get me started my multi-year wait for the Honey Trap statues.

Reaction score
Just remember the Gentle Giant - 3D Systems acquisition. It always takes a long time to integrate systems and processes in merged companies, and the road is pretty bumpy for about a year, regardless of how many people think the integration should be completed overnight.

Reaction score
Some of their things are 2 years past the original pre-order date - you can't blame acquisition on everything.