12" Jumbo Vintage Kenner 2-1B Figure

Reaction score
I just checked my 2-1B order on GGLTD and in small print it says:
"NOTE: This order has already shipped or has reached the final stages of processing. Therefore this order is no longer editable."
So from that it does look as though it's only a very short wait now.

Reaction score
I just checked my 2-1B order on GGLTD and in small print it says:
"NOTE: This order has already shipped or has reached the final stages of processing. Therefore this order is no longer editable."
So from that it does look as though it's only a very short wait now.
Their website is all messed up. It says that on all my pre-orders (except the last 2 - Leia Boushh and Admiral Ackbar jumbos), and has for months. The only concern is that to actually cancel/modify payment an order now you have to call them. You'd think they'd try to get that fixed rather than deal with the added volume of calls this could generate.

Reaction score
Their website is all messed up. It says that on all my pre-orders (except the last 2 - Leia Boushh and Admiral Ackbar jumbos), and has for months. The only concern is that to actually cancel/modify payment an order now you have to call them. You'd think they'd try to get that fixed rather than deal with the added volume of calls this could generate.
Thanks for that information, wgenich. I didn't know.

Reaction score
I called to change my shipping address and asked when we could expect 2-1B... Here is the answer... "it is the special PG figure so toward the end of the year, probably December."

Reaction score
Anybody know when this is getting shipped? Very anxious to get the 12" 2-1B action figure, never before made in this scale. Really hope GG makes a 12" FX-7 as well. :awesome:

Reaction score
Surprised it hasn't shipped already, compared to past PGM exclusives. It's looking like we won't get it until early 2015. Definitely a fail on GG's part.

Reaction score
What would be pretty sad is if it hasn't even shipped before it's time to renew PGM membership again in early 2015.

Reaction score
What would be pretty sad is if it hasn't even shipped before it's time to renew PGM membership again in early 2015.
That happened a couple years ago with the Gamorrean Guard and they extended everyone's PGM membership until all the PGM gifts shipped. They didn't open up the next year's PGM membership until after everything had shipped.

Reaction score
I emailed them a few days ago. I was told it should ship at the end of this month OR in January. lol. So apparently it'll be January or later since the month is almost over.

And I'm definitely not renewing next year. This Jumbo line has been a fail for the most part. They're not accurate. Either the forms themselves are off, the paint is off, the gloss of the figure is off, the clam shell packaging is cheap and always damaged, they're overpriced, etc. I just want to get this one so I can ebay it for a little profit like I did with some of the others.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm curious to see what figure they'll tempt us with in 2015 as the PGM exclusive. 2-1B was kind of "meh" to me, but I'm still happy to get him and would have bought him as a regular release too. I'll admit, both the PGM exclusive AND SDCC exclusive (AT-AT Driver) in 2014 were weak offerings compared to the previous years when you consider that an EXCLUSIVE is supposed to be something special rather than just any old random character.

So will 2015 be a further downward slide, or will they have the sense this time to offer something better that will be a "must have" for more collectors? The smart thing would be to offer one of the main characters they haven't done yet, like Bespin Leia or Jedi Luke, though I could see a few people complaining about being forced to subscribe to the PGM just to get those. So the next best thing in my opinion would be one of the alien characters that are on a few of our wishlists, like Squid Head or Bib Fortuna, now that Gentle Giant is finally delving into the ROTJ line.

If they have to go with some 3rd tier character, then I'm rooting for FX-7 to pair up with 2-1B since he might not sell well as a regular release and therefore offering him as a PGM freebie with the other PGM perks might be the only way to give us FX-7. And if not FX-7, then give us the Sebastian Shaw Anakin Skywalker figure (which was who I was hoping for and expecting to be the 2014 SDCC exclusive). It's been far too long since Shaw's incarnation of Anakin got some attention in a toy line thanks to George Lucas' retconning with the Star Wars special editions, replacing him with Hayden Christensen as the Spirit of Anakin at the end of ROTJ.

Anyway, just watch the exclusive be one of the Bespin Security Guards next year instead. Good luck getting a bunch of PGM renewals for THAT, Gentle Giant. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Awesome! 2-1B was one of my fav figs back in the day and although I stopped collecting the Jumbos after the First 21, 2-1B is an exception and he will be added to the collection! B)

Reaction score
Looks very nice. Always loved the vintage card for 2-1B too. It was colorful and had a good still photo from the film unlike a few other cardbacks. After main characters, bounty hunters, and Imperial troops, I think droids come next in line of demand from collectors for this toy line. Gentle Giant needs to offer more of the vintage droids. All that's left is FX-7, 8D8, EV-9D9, and then the R2 and C3PO variants. Of those, I can see them probably only doing EV-9D9. That figure was one of Kenner's best sculpts and could even hold up well next to Hasbro's modern figures, so getting a 1/6 scale version of it would be great. But since they did 2-1B, I'm really hoping they offer FX-7 eventually too.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Any word on shipping yet? Here it is February 2015 and the 2014 PGM gift hasn't shipped.

Reaction score
Did everyone else receive the email about the MASSIVE DELAY of 21B? How can you be 5 MONTHS late? Originally we were told "we are hoping for late December shipping"

"As many of you may know, the 2014 PGM Gifts have been delayed. We just started processing the Daredevil Mini Bust today and hope to ship the rest of PGM gifts by late March to early April.
As a result, we have extended the 2014 Premier Guild Memberships until all the gifts have been sent out. The 2015 Premier Guild Membership and 2015 Gift Choices will be announced and offered thereafter.
Please do not hesitate to contact customer service if you need additional information. Customer service is available from 9 am to 5 pm Pacific Time."

Reaction score
Then does that mean when the 2015 PGM membership is available, it will still be for a full 12 months going into spring 2016? Because I'd be pretty upset if I signed up for the 2015 PGM in April and it expires just 8 months later on Jan 1st 2016 rather than rolling into April 2016 for a full 12 months.

Last edited:
Reaction score
When they were late 2 years ago we didn't get an extension. It was just til December no matter when it started.

Reaction score
I can't remember a time when I couldn't purchase a PG Exclusive so long as I signed up during renewals (or shortly after). It doesn't matter when you sign up, you are basically good until they offer up the renewals the following year whenever that may be. I also can't imagine a scenario where GG would cancel your membership on Dec 31st and then offer a PG exclusive before even offering up PG renewals. Now that would be humorous! "How come nobody is buying this PG exclusive?" :p

Reaction score
Anyone else frustrated with the new Gentle Giant/3D Systems website? Hard to track orders, change orders, they don't respond to help tickets, etc.

Reaction score
Well, it's been so long that my debit card expired. Have to wait for a replacement since they never sent a new one. Not too worried since there's no sign of these shipping any time soon, but watch them up and cancel it. Bah...

Reaction score
Reaction score
I check this thread every day to see if anyone's is shipping yet.

Is this company for real? How can it possibly take this long to make last year's product? Last I heard was late December or possibly early January. Tomorrow is March an not a peep.

Reaction score

Is this company for real? How can it possibly take this long to make last year's product? Last I heard was late December or possibly early January. Tomorrow is March an not a peep.
They said on Facebook that they "hope to ship the rest of PGM gifts by late March to early April."

Reaction score

It wasn't their fault that the west coast docks were on a slow down.

Reaction score
Anyone received theirs yet? Not that I'm a PGMember, but am curious to see pics/hear points of view.

Is there no PGM for 2015? Seems 2014 'freebies' are still on offer for those wanting to join.....

Reaction score
Is there no PGM for 2015? Seems 2014 'freebies' are still on offer for those wanting to join.....
Based on the other year when they were months late with the PGM gifts, they won't announce the 2015 PGM until they finish sending out the 2014 gifts.

Reaction score
i got an email notification that my order will process on 4/2!

Reaction score
i got an email notification that my order will process on 4/2!
Got the same email notification. Will be interesting to see how they work the 2015 PGM. Seriously thinking to not even bother with it this year based on the lack of customer service and shortfalls with the SW Jumbo line this year.

Reaction score
The PGM Jumbo would have to be something pretty special to get me to join again. 2-1B was such an uninspiring choice. And don't get me started on that damn "First Shot" Boba Fett from the year before! Even releasing the PGM Exclusive Gamorrean Guard on a ROTJ card was also a kick in the nuts IMO.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Order will finally process on Thursday. Not sure if my credit card is correct...

Reaction score
I didn't get an email, does that mean I wont be getting one? And since it was a gift will they send me another gift?

Reaction score
Well, I'm an idiot of the highest order. I paid for my membership but neglected to order my 21B. I called today and there's a waiting list. I guess I'll be looking on the secondary market for this one. Let me know if you can help - thanks! :)

Reaction score
It's darn near perfect! B)

However, there is a somewhat significant paint detail that has been overlooked, on mine anyway.

Last edited:
Reaction score
one just went for 113.50 on ebay tonight...pre-order.... thats much lower than GG retail listing isnt it...