12" Jumbo Vintage Emperor Figure - 2017 PGM Gift #3

Reaction score

Star Wars The Emperor Jumbo Action Figure: Power of the Force Edition

It was 37 years ago in The Empire Strikes Back that the feared Sith Lord Emperor Palpatine first felt a great disturbance in the force. Fearing the possibility of Luke Skywalker becoming a powerful young Jedi, he commands Darth Vader to hunt him down and destroy him… or turn him to the dark side.
Palpatine will prey on Luke’s anger, fear, and desire for vengeance to realize his sinister goal. The path to the dark side is one travelled well by Palpatine, for he has led another powerful young Jedi down it before. So unfolds the Emperors plan in Return of the Jedi to lure Luke into confrontation with Vader and, ultimately, learn his true destiny.

Inspired by the vintage Star Wars figures of your childhood, Gentle Giant is proud to bring you the Emperor in jumbo size! Digitally scanned from mint 3 ¾” vintage originals and reproduced in 12” scale, no detail has been overlooked. Roto and injection molded and made of durable plastics, this fully-articulated jumbo figure includes a faithfully re-produced cane accessory and POTF coin. To further capture the vintage feel, Gentle Giant has packaged this figure with a Power of the Force-inspired backer card featuring original photos and artwork. Designed with the collector in mind, the figure comes in a re-sealable plastic outer clam shell to help protect and display this limited edition figure.

http://blog.gentlegiantltd.com/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_content=check out our official blog for further details&utm_campaign=GG PG17 Gift #3

Last edited:
Reaction score
12" Jumbo Vintage Kenner Emperor (with Coin) PGM Exclusive

2017 PGM Exclusive = Emperor with Coin

Love it.

Reaction score
Looks good to me, I'm in. With jumbos I like to get one of each figure, so if they do a ROTJ carded coinless version next year I wouldn't be ordering that.

Reaction score
Meh... No Rancor Keeper, no buy for me. I'm happy for those that want this, but I'm just holding out for that Keeper.

Reaction score
I wish this was on the original ROTJ card instead. :(
Me too. Perhaps GG will do the same with this figure as they did with the Gam Guard....produce a ROTJ carded version for the general public.

Reaction score
Me too. Perhaps GG will do the same with this figure as they did with the Gam Guard....produce a ROTJ carded version for the general public.
They've only done that once, ROTJ + POTF, to my knowledge. Yep - the Gammy Guard got both cards released simultaneously, more or less.

They didn't do it on the Biker Scout or the AT-AT Driver which would have been an easy way to double dip for them.

Whilst The Emperor isn't a figure that I'm particularly fond of, it's great to see this line extended into the ROTJ/ POTF range a bit more.
A lot of people have wanted The Emperor and it's nice to see.

Hopefully this release will bring about a renewed enthusiasm from GGLTD towards the SW jumbo range.
And that we will see any or all of the remaining MIA EMPIRE figures thus far.
Come on GG!! Dan + Ashley if you're reading this...Let's go already. ;-)

Only 11 left to do.
FX-7
IMPERIAL COMMANDER
AT-AT COMMANDER
REBEL (HOTH) COMMANDER
PRINCESS LEIA BESPIN (please can we have the "pretty" turtleneck facesculpt (not the Eddie Munster version.) Thx.

LOBOT
CLOUD CAR PILOT
BESPIN SECURITY GUARD (ASIAN)
BESPIN SECURITY GUARD (AFRICAN)
R2-D2 with sensorscope
C-3PO with removable limbs + back pouch

Last edited:
Reaction score
So we'll actually receive the Emperor around 2020? (sorry - couldn't resist)

Reaction score
I agree. As a longtime vintage collector who has relatively few of the old POTF coins, I think the coin adds a lot of extra value.

Reaction score
12" Jumbo Vintage Kenner POTF Emperor

Nobody seems to have posted anything yet on the new jumbo Emperor... Thought I'd show him as he should have been produced, in all his ROTJ carded glory! Finally a new addition to my ROTJ collection!

Now awaiting to fill that Royal Guard clamshell!

Reaction score
Nobody seems to have posted anything yet on the new jumbo Emperor... Thought I'd show him as he should have been produced, in all his ROTJ carded glory! Finally a new addition to my ROTJ collection!

Now awaiting to fill that Royal Guard clamshell!
Nice Collection!

Reaction score
Has everyone who ordered the PGM Emperor received it? I haven't received mine. My order is still listed as pre-pending (or some type of wording like that)

Reaction score
Has everyone who ordered the PGM Emperor received it? I haven't received mine. My order is still listed as pre-pending (or some type of wording like that)
I have not either. I think they are waiting for the rest of the PGM gifts to arrive and then ship all together. I did order an extra emperor for someone here and it has already shipped and arrived.

Reaction score
It's mid-June 2018 and I haven't received any of my 2017 PGM exclusives. What's going on?

Reaction score
Got an email this week from GG saying that they accidentally shipped me a Jumbo Emperor with my FN-2199 instead of shipping Lobot. They said to keep it as a bonus free gift and are shipping Lobot separately. I'll take these kind of mistakes from GG anytime! :)

Reaction score
Got an email this week from GG saying that they accidentally shipped me a Jumbo Emperor with my FN-2199 instead of shipping Lobot. They said to keep it as a bonus free gift and are shipping Lobot separately. I'll take these kind of mistakes from GG anytime! :)
And here I was thinking I was all kinds of special. They did the exact same thing with me. Jumbo Emperor instead of Lobot and shipped him with my FN-2199. Received them today. Looks good, but I'll probably sell him, as the jumbo figures are not my focus. Uh-oh, I wonder how many of this mistake GG made?