10179 UCS Millenium Falcon

Reaction score
I'd also be interested in one at retail price
grin.gif

Reaction score
interestinglys, Toys R Us lists this set as "sold out for shipment" and "available for in store pick up" and then when you click on the store locator, none of the stores have the info of availability.. so it is confusing.. what do you think?

Reaction score
I noticed that today as well. They've actually got almost all of the 2007ish sets listed the same way. I'm guessing it was a glitch in their system. Or maybe one warehouse turned up a stash and the idiots put everything back up on the website as a result. I wonder if someone took the time to enter nearly every zip code in the country if a store or two would show them in stock or not? Probably any of those sets that actually turned up on shelves would last about five minutes.

Reaction score
False hope. I saw that with some other long retired sets too. You could either bite the bullet and buy a set or you could buy all the pieces on your own to make the set. Even buying the pieces on your own will cost about $400 or more. btotheg is building his own.

Reaction score
I'd kind of like to punch whoever put all those old sets on the site. I still need a bunch of the sets they relisted but aren't really available.

Reaction score
I really missed the boat on this one. This and the BMF were always on my list of things to get, but for some reason, i never got around to getting it.
mad.gif

Reaction score
I have a loose one and someone offered me $600 for it, and I said no of course. They asked why not, it's out of the box. I look at replacement value, how much will it cost to get it back?

That being said, is there a reason that you particularly want it? It's huge, can't really be played with and falls apart really easily. It's a great model if it just sits there though, it's awesome in that regard.

Reaction score
I built mine last Christmas. Parts do fall off if you look at it wrong, my son plays with it all the time. That part makes the space it takes up and its initial cost priceless for me.

Reaction score
Medusa said:
There was only one variation for this set. The first 10.000 sets came with a slightly different packaging ( Rebel Logo ) and had a certificate inside.
There was also a sticker variation - the first batch had a misprint on the data sticker. A corrected version could be got from the parts replacement service. The correct sticker was put into later sets as a rolling change.

Reaction score
To be honest ... for me it would be ok for Lego to re-release any set they want. As I do not see it as investment but as a toy ... and it is ridicolous to pay 2000 USD for a falcon. And yes I have one myself - preordered and it is one of the first 10.000 and it is still sealed ( because I just did not yet have had the time and space to build ).

Reaction score
To be honest ... for me it would be ok for Lego to re-release any set they want. As I do not see it as investment but as a toy ... and it is ridicolous to pay 2000 USD for a falcon. And yes I have one myself - preordered and it is one of the first 10.000 and it is still sealed ( because I just did not yet have had the time and space to build ).

Well, it may be ridiculous for you (and for me as well), but I also find it crazy that people would pay $70,000 for a car, $5,000 for a watch.
However, to re-release something just to give a break for those that didn't get it the first time is folly.

Who do you want to reward, the people that DID buy your product or those that DIDN'T

Reaction score
As someone who stashs a few extra of the nice sets away for a rainy day so I can support my crazy habit I see how the "investors" would be upset. However as a pure fan of Lego well I think its nice for people who are just now getting into the hobby to get sets like this at a more reasonable price. I think a fair solution would be to release it under a new set number and different packaging and perhaps change the minfigures to others (ones that are not exclusive to the set however).

Reaction score
As someone who stashs a few extra of the nice sets away for a rainy day so I can support my crazy habit I see how the "investors" would be upset. However as a pure fan of Lego well I think its nice for people who are just now getting into the hobby to get sets like this at a more reasonable price. I think a fair solution would be to release it under a new set number and different packaging and perhaps change the minfigures to others (ones that are not exclusive to the set however).

Like they can make a smaller one and number it, oh.. 7965? :))

For the people that can't (or won't) afford the rates that these are fetching, why is not a reasonable solution just NOT to get it. No one "needs" these things, they either want them or they don't. If they do, they either want to pay what someone is offering or not.

There are a few sets that I may have liked, Cloud City for instance.
So, I get the parts to build it.. Now, I don't have the mini-figs, but I'll have to make a decision to go with NO minifigs, different ones or spend the cash to buy them at the best rate I can get.

However, I don't want Lego to do something for me to make me happy just because I don't put a $200 value on Boba Fett.

Hey, someone offer him up at $30, and I'll buy them. But they aren't worth $200 or even $100 to me.. But I don't want lego to re-release them so I can buy them for $20 either.

Reaction score
I'm honestly surprised that 7965 has the ANH range of figures. I'd almost think that LEGO would consider making a ROTS version with Lando and Nien Numb, but then from a marketing standpoint, that likely wouldn't sell as well as 7965 in its current configuration. I know the model isn't quite as accurate, but I'm happy with my 4504 version.

Reaction score
I'd just be happy if the harder to obtain pieces of the UCS MF were made again so that it could be pieced together. I didn't have the money a couple of years ago to pick one of these up, but now I do.

Reaction score
How many different falcons has LEGO already made? 4 or 5? There is NO need to go back in re-release a set. I'd rather see LEGo devote the time, energy and shelf space to something NEW.

Reaction score
I wouldn't say there is no need. When a set hits $2000 on the secondary market there is clearly demand and thus justification for the re-release. I also wasn't able to afford it when it was first out but could make it work now for $500. I'm all for new sets but the USC Falcon is the holy grail for a lot of us and putting it out again would make a lot of people happy. Except everyone who bought extras and wouldn't be able to turn a $1500 profit anymore.

Reaction score
How many different falcons has LEGO already made? 4 or 5? There is NO need to go back in re-release a set. I'd rather see LEGo devote the time, energy and shelf space to something NEW.

I'd love them to do a big cloud city in the style of the death star, with multiple rooms.. The carbon freezing chamber was pretty cool and that should be there, but the detention and torture areas

Reaction score
I agree, a UCS Cloud City is a must. It's also been rumored for a long time, so we'll see. A few months ago at Eurobricks everyone was sure it would be this year's big UCS set.

Reaction score
I wouldn't say there is no need. When a set hits $2000 on the secondary market there is clearly demand and thus justification for the re-release. I also wasn't able to afford it when it was first out but could make it work now for $500. I'm all for new sets but the USC Falcon is the holy grail for a lot of us and putting it out again would make a lot of people happy. Except everyone who bought extras and wouldn't be able to turn a $1500 profit anymore.

how do the people that just spent $2000 on the set feel though?

Do you re-release it to reward the people that didn't get it the first time while screwing the people that were your original customers.

Plus, what are you saying to your customer base by re-releasing it "there's no need to rush and get it, we will re-release it at a later date"

I think the reason that it's hasn't been done is enough reason to suspect they wouldn't do it with the falcon.

Reaction score
I'd love them to do a big cloud city in the style of the death star, with multiple rooms.. The carbon freezing chamber was pretty cool and that should be there, but the detention and torture areas

THAT would be great!!! Maybe they can throw the old styled Boba Fett in there with the printed legs and arms as well:)

just kidding

Reaction score

Do you re-release it to reward the people that didn't get it the first time while screwing the people that were your original customers.

Plus, what are you saying to your customer base by re-releasing it "there's no need to rush and get it, we will re-release it at a later date"

I think the reason that it's hasn't been done is enough reason to suspect they wouldn't do it with the falcon.

I don't think Lego owes anything to their original customers, it's not their job to help speculators make a profit. And I say this as someone who buys extras to sell later myself so I'm not pointing fingers at anyone here for wanting to protect their investment. And I also don't think they should re-release things on a regular basis, I'd certainly rather have new sets.

I just feel like this is a unique situation given the unprecedented rise in price on the secondary market. The fact that people are willing to pay $2000 for this set says to me that there is still a huge demand. And Lego would be able to make a lot more money if they put it out again. I think the secondary market situation with the Falcon has got to be part of the reason they've left the Death Star in production for so long. I'd bet my collection that if they knew what would happen with the Falcon they'd have given it another year before pulling the plug.

Reaction score

Are you saying the people who paid $2000 are the original customers? They're not. The people selling them on eBay are, and they most likely bought it on the last waves of discounts this set had. A re-release certainly isn't screwing them over. I'm in hopes that in a few years when they want to release a UCS set again that they think about how well this one did on the aftermarket, and they decide to release this one again. Maybe add some new elements or minifigs to it. Maybe after a 5 year time frame.

This is a lot like an issue Transformers had a few years ago. At Botcon, they released a set of 3 of the Seekers, Thrust, Dirge, and Thundercracker. The aftermarket prices on these shot through the roof because they were core characters that could only be had by going to Botcon or possibly ordering them online beforehand. The fandom cried out and Hasbro eventually released them in a main line. Everyone was more than excited for this... unless you happened to be one of the people sitting on a set hoping to sell it or had paid $1000 or whatnot on three little Transformers.

What I'm getting at is that no one was twisting any of those people's arms to pay $1000 for some TFs or $2000 for a LEGO set. There's a lot of people who couldn't afford the set at the time, like me, but now I could. There's also the people who aren't even into LEGO yet. That's one of the big reasons we keep getting the same sets over and over even when there's not much of an advancement in the design. I'm in no hurry to get this set unless it were re-released. So having a new UCS MF now or in 10 years doesn't bother me.

Reaction score
Are you saying the people who paid $2000 are the original customers? They're not. The people selling them on eBay are, and they most likely bought it on the last waves of discounts this set had. A re-release certainly isn't screwing them over. I'm in hopes that in a few years when they want to release a UCS set again that they think about how well this one did on the aftermarket, and they decide to release this one again. Maybe add some new elements or minifigs to it. Maybe after a 5 year time frame.

No, what I'm saying there is if you just bought a set for $2000 on the after-market and then Lego goes and re-releases that set for $500, how do YOU feel?
Some people bought the set at $800 and sell it at $1500.

This is a lot like an issue Transformers had a few years ago. At Botcon, they released a set of 3 of the Seekers, Thrust, Dirge, and Thundercracker. The aftermarket prices on these shot through the roof because they were core characters that could only be had by going to Botcon or possibly ordering them online beforehand. The fandom cried out and Hasbro eventually released them in a main line. Everyone was more than excited for this... unless you happened to be one of the people sitting on a set hoping to sell it or had paid $1000 or whatnot on three little Transformers.

What I'm getting at is that no one was twisting any of those people's arms to pay $1000 for some TFs or $2000 for a LEGO set. There's a lot of people who couldn't afford the set at the time, like me, but now I could. There's also the people who aren't even into LEGO yet. That's one of the big reasons we keep getting the same sets over and over even when there's not much of an advancement in the design. I'm in no hurry to get this set unless it were re-released. So having a new UCS MF now or in 10 years doesn't bother me.[/QUOTE]

But again, for the same reason, if you re-release a big set the message you send to people is that "you don't need to get it now, if enough demand is there, we'll re-release it" and since that has never happened in a big set, I don't see any evidence that it will. You can certainly hope for it to, as I can certainly hope that it doesn't. Not that I have 15 of them waiting to be sold at $2000. I just have my one, but know if I want another one, it's just a matter of "do I want it knowing I'd have to pay $X"

re-releasing sets are bad for Lego's business.
People that have 4504 still may want 7965 and those that buy 7965 may still go back and buy 4504.

Reaction score
I don't think Lego owes anything to their original customers, it's not their job to help speculators make a profit. And I say this as someone who buys extras to sell later myself so I'm not pointing fingers at anyone here for wanting to protect their investment. And I also don't think they should re-release things on a regular basis, I'd certainly rather have new sets.

I just feel like this is a unique situation given the unprecedented rise in price on the secondary market. The fact that people are willing to pay $2000 for this set says to me that there is still a huge demand. And Lego would be able to make a lot more money if they put it out again. I think the secondary market situation with the Falcon has got to be part of the reason they've left the Death Star in production for so long. I'd bet my collection that if they knew what would happen with the Falcon they'd have given it another year before pulling the plug.

Really? you don't think Lego owes anything to their original customers.
I'll ask it again, if you are the VP at Lego that makes this decision, who do you want to negatively affect (if you want to look at it as a negative affect) the people that DID buy your products or the people that DIDN'T buy them?

Lego doesn't have to re-release the falcon to make money, they are doing fine without it and as it stands, there is an time line. I've seen plenty of posts where people have waited for that just a bit better sale and it's out and now they have to make a decision on buying it or doing without it?
See the WTB for 10195 for example.

Reaction score
Im still not sure how re-releasing it negatively affects me unless Im sitting on a load of them to sell. The one set 1 do have goes down in value obviously but if I have no intention of selling it (which I dont) then whether or not they make more means nothing to me, I will enjoy my set no less or no more based on that.

To me its kinda like the people who argue gay marriage for the reason it devalues their traditional marriage. Someone else's marriage has nothing to do with yours whether they marry another person of the same ***, a dog, or a lego set. The specialness of your marriage is between you an your significant other and has nothing to do with anyone else.

So the same goes for Lego, the love I have for my UCS set doesnt change whether it is rereleased or not, of course if it is 10 years younger, 15lbs lighter, and without the after affects of pregnancy....

Reaction score
I for one would love to see it rereleased. I wasn't collecting Lego's at the time and I'd love to be able to sit down with my kids and put this thing together without having to drop $1500+/- to do so. I for one will never spend that. To think Lego owes anyone anything is a bit much, they'll do what's best for them. If they think it'll sell well then I'm sure somewhere down the road we'll see it again. Comic company's release multiple printings all the time of hot selling books, which I'm sure doesn't make the people who bought 20 copies hoping to resell some day but thats what happens.

If you have the cash and are willing to spend it on the Falcon, great, it's your money. If you're one of those people who have 10 stacked in your closet hoping to make a profit and can find a buyer, that's fine too. Do whatever you feel you need to do.

Reaction score
But again, for the same reason, if you re-release a big set the message you send to people is that "you don't need to get it now, if enough demand is there, we'll re-release it" and since that has never happened in a big set, I don't see any evidence that it will. You can certainly hope for it to, as I can certainly hope that it doesn't. Not that I have 15 of them waiting to be sold at $2000. I just have my one, but know if I want another one, it's just a matter of "do I want it knowing I'd have to pay $X"

re-releasing sets are bad for Lego's business.
People that have 4504 still may want 7965 and those that buy 7965 may still go back and buy 4504.

Then why buy any LEGO set? TLG has shown time and time again that their first X-Wing, Y-Wing, Falcon, Tie Fighter... the list goes on, won't and hasn't been their last version of each. I shouldn't buy any of the new versions of these sets released this year as they'll all be done again within the next 5 years. The thing is, I'm not going to get mad at LEGO for doing it. Now I don't believe that they've ever re-released a UCS set before, but I also don't recall any of them having the secondary market appeal that this one had. I would rather them update the build and look of the set than straight re-release it, but with a set so large it's not as necessary.

Now if they re-release the set at some point, take it off the market, re-release the set again, take it off the market, and AGAIN re-release the set then I'm going to believe that I don't need to get it right then as it will most likely be back again. A re-release of a set due to HUGE demand from customers is not a bad thing. They could even do a set specific run on LEGO.com only for it. It's like telling a band or musician that an encore would be a terrible idea as it would cheapen the concert you just attended. More of a good thing isn't a bad thing until you do it so much people think it's annoying. "There LEGO goes again. Re-releasing that stupid Falcon that nobody wants."

Reaction score
Im still not sure how re-releasing it negatively affects me unless Im sitting on a load of them to sell. The one set 1 do have goes down in value obviously but if I have no intention of selling it (which I dont) then whether or not they make more means nothing to me, I will enjoy my set no less or no more based on that.

To me its kinda like the people who argue gay marriage for the reason it devalues their traditional marriage. Someone else's marriage has nothing to do with yours whether they marry another person of the same ***, a dog, or a lego set. The specialness of your marriage is between you an your significant other and has nothing to do with anyone else.

So the same goes for Lego, the love I have for my UCS set doesnt change whether it is rereleased or not, of course if it is 10 years younger, 15lbs lighter, and without the after affects of pregnancy....

As it stands now Meat, are you glad that you spent the money to get the set when you did? I know I am for sure.
So, I'd ask the same thing again. Say you didn't get it then and you just spent $2000 to buy one.. 2 months later, Lego re-releases it for $500. How do you feel?

Same thing happened with Disney and the Little Mermaid. They said there were "closing the vaults" and all of a sudden, my wife (at the time) said we have to get one of these VHS tapes with the original. But, they were now going for up to $150 and rising.. I finally convinced her we could do something better with $150 and just do a tape to tape copy.

A few years later.. Opps, they found the key to the vault and released it again. Now she's really happy because she can get an original, I'm happy that she could be happy without us paying $150.. But what if we did, that would have pissed me off. "Disney, you said that was it, and then you go and do this"

The point is really moot, it's fine for people to want it to be re-released, just like it's fine for me to say that I don't want it to be. This is not a "need" item, it's a want and either you want it or you don't. If you do, then you have to either want it for what it costs to get one or not.

However, I don't think Lego will really care what I think/want or anyone else (individually)

Reaction score
Hey guys. I saw an ad in EBay classifieds for a 1st edition NIB UCS Falcon for $800. Right away I thought scam but asked for more info. This is what I got for a reply.

Hello Dear Customer,

Thank for your patronage .... The Lego Sets are Brand New Original Sealed from the factory and comes with Complete document pieces. The items are still available and ready for shipment. And also comes with 1 Year International Warranty and 30 Days Return Policy. The Lego Sets is of First Edition.
Terms & Conditions:

Price of Lego 10179 Star Wars Ultimate Collector's Millennium Falcon is $800USD/Unit.
Total Shipping Charges: Inclusive
Payment Method: Western Union and Money Gram
Shipping Service Option: FedEx, DHL & UPS.
Delivery Time: Within 2 to 3 working days

Kindly get back to us with the details below, so that we can get your goods registered for shipping:
Your Full Name:
Your Full Shipping Address:
Your Order:
Your Mobile Number:

I await for your reply for more information and procedure

Best Regards.
Abraham Morgan

Sounds like it's legit............lol

Reaction score
Same name as a guy that said I'd get 25% of $26,000,000 from a deceased Nigerian businessman.

Hust saying :)

How many did they have? 100?

Hey guys. I saw an ad in EBay classifieds for a 1st edition NIB UCS Falcon for $800. Right away I thought scam but asked for more info. This is what I got for a reply.

Hello Dear Customer,

Thank for your patronage .... The Lego Sets are Brand New Original Sealed from the factory and comes with Complete document pieces. The items are still available and ready for shipment. And also comes with 1 Year International Warranty and 30 Days Return Policy. The Lego Sets is of First Edition.
Terms & Conditions:

Price of Lego 10179 Star Wars Ultimate Collector's Millennium Falcon is $800USD/Unit.
Total Shipping Charges: Inclusive
Payment Method: Western Union and Money Gram
Shipping Service Option: FedEx, DHL & UPS.
Delivery Time: Within 2 to 3 working days

Kindly get back to us with the details below, so that we can get your goods registered for shipping:
Your Full Name:
Your Full Shipping Address:
Your Order:
Your Mobile Number:

I await for your reply for more information and procedure

Best Regards.
Abraham Morgan

Sounds like it's legit............lol

Reaction score
**Sigh**

I don't think Lego collectors will ever learn not to get scammed by 10179 offers. At least you came here first. I'd hate to see yet another AFOL get burned.

Reaction score
Yeah, my gut feeling was it's a scam when I saw the ad. Once I got the reply I was positive it was a scam. I thought, a Nigerian Prince must have many of these...lol