10179 UCS Millenium Falcon

Reaction score
Re: UCS Millenium Falcon!!!!!!

COOL!
cool.gif

Reaction score

Looks really good. Just wonder how much this is going to hurt the wallet.
crazy.gif

Reaction score

I have mixed feelings, first off I L-OV-E it! the size the shape, and it looks like it comes with mini figures however I am not too thrilled about there being no clear plastic"glass" pieces for the cockpit, and if it is the size that it looks like, how much is this puppy going to be 400 - 500? and if it is that much why not make special window pieces for that price.

Reaction score

Man that is sweet, I really want one of these, but where would i put it?
confused.gif

Reaction score

I get a 404 Page Not Found error. Looks like LEGO pulled the image.

Did anyone save it?

Jeremy

Reaction score

Just seeing the title to this thread made my jaw drop. pics are just awesome. to a certain extent i hope it doesn't come with the mini figs as for me the collector sets don't need them.

Reaction score

The set is now listed on S@H in Europe, with a shipping date of 1st October 2007 and a price of €550 and £350 in the UK!

Reaction score

sam89 said:
The set is now listed on S@H in Europe, with a shipping date of 1st October 2007 and a price of €550 and £350 in the UK!

out of curiousity does anyone know what that translate to $'s?????

Reaction score

"With over 5,000 pieces, this is the biggest LEGO set ever made!"

Wow!
Wonder how long that takes to put together
smile.gif

The OCS Star Destoyer "only" has 3104 pieces.

Reaction score

For me that would take like 10-11 hours (of constant work) it only took me 6 for the UCS ISD.

Reaction score

Build the ultimate Millennium Falcon™!

This is it - the biggest, most spectacular LEGO® Star Wars model ever! Straight out of the classic Star Wars movies comes the Ultimate Collector's Millennium Falcon, Han Solo's famous smuggling starship. Every detail of the modified Corellian Engineering Corporation YT-1300 freighter is here, all constructed to scale with LEGO minifigures. At almost 3 feet (90cm) long, it's the ultimate centerpiece to any Star Wars collection!

This Exclusive First Edition set includes an individually numbered Certificate of Authenticity, sealed within the product box, available only until the first production quantity is gone! Don't miss out, pre-order yours today!*

With over 5,000 pieces, this is the biggest LEGO set ever made!
Model is built completely to minifigure scale - minifigures can sit inside and man the controls!
Landing gear provides a stable base for model to stand on!
Ship is over 33" long, 22" wide and 8" tall! (84cm long x 56cm wide x 21cm tall)
Radar dish rotates and elevates and boarding ramp extends!
Top and bottom quad-laser turrets rotate for realistic play!
cockpit top can be removed to access minifigures!
Includes 5 minifigures: Han Solo, Chewbacca, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Luke Skywalker and Princess Leia Organa!
This special set also includes a display card with detailed ship specifications!

Reaction score

Woah, that thing is huge, and it comes with minifigs, including old obi wan, nice.

Reaction score

What a piece of junk!

But she's got it where it counts, kid.
smirk.gif
Now if only we could get an AT-AT in this scale, things would be gravy. But still, look how this blows the past two models out of the water.

4504-1.jpg
10179-0000-xx-13-1.jpg
10179-0000-xx-23-1.jpg
7190-1.jpg

If anybody wants a gently used soul in mint condition for this set, I'll be glad to comply.
grin.gif

Reaction score

F***k you all! I just preorder mine! HA!
laugh.gif

Oh...
shocked.gif

My girlfriend is gonna kill me. But hey whatever. $500 for the best Falcon of the three (good thing I have neither) plus figs plus CoA plus free ship. It seems to be the best scale ship so far plus all the other things. Too bad I have to wait till October.
frown.gif

Reaction score

What I'm hoping to do is get back home at spring break and probably sell off the other falcons to pay for some of this one. I don't know, maybe not.

Reaction score

The first production run is suppose to come with a certificate. I'm wondering if the price will drop once that first run goes through. I could care less about a numbered certificate. If the subsequent Falcons come sans certificate, but with a cheaper price tag I'll wait.

Reaction score

I would definitely sell my first Falcon to help pay for this one.

Reaction score

Jedieb said:
The first production run is suppose to come with a certificate. I'm wondering if the price will drop once that first run goes through. I could care less about a numbered certificate. If the subsequent Falcons come sans certificate, but with a cheaper price tag I'll wait.

You think printing a piece of paper and inserting it into a box is going to add something to the cost? I seriously doubt that LEGO will drop the price even 1 cent when it comes out in October. The COA is just an extra and designed to entice collectors to order early so that LEGo can determine the demand on the set and tailor their production run so they don't get left with loads of unsold sets (like the UCS ISD and DSII).

Jeremy

Reaction score

That's exactly what I was worried about. I just don't want to plop down $500 and then see it released later for less. But the free shipping alone will probably compel me to order this soon. It'll look great next to UCS Star Destroyer!

Reaction score

darthviper107 said:
What I'm hoping to do is get back home at spring break and probably sell off the other falcons to pay for some of this one. I don't know, maybe not.

Looks like Lego collectors will go through what Master Replicas collectors just went through. In MR world, they released the large scale Falcon and it became the holy grail of that collecting world. People were dumping props left and right to pay for them, and the price of many props dropped dramatically as the flood of items outstripped demand. It will be interesting to see if Lego collectors flood the market with their older set to raise the cash for this set. Granted its "only" $500 where the MR Falcon was $2000 or more.

Reaction score

I doubt this will affect the market too much, that was just one small factor for why MR's products plummeted in value, they really ticked off a lot of loyal customers by lying to them and pulling a lot of other BS which started way before the falcon was released. I not only dumped most of my collection, but I'll never buy from them again regardless of what "promises" they make

Reaction score

Does Lego charge anything when you pre-order or do they just hold your cc information?

Reaction score

they don't charge until they ship.

And, goddamn! This Falcon is gonna be humongongus

Reaction score

Hey,
I just saw this on the Lego Shop @ Home before I checked the forums. I have to say that this thing looks great, and I have been wishing for a set like this for some time. Of course, I am a little despondent about the price though. I can see it being pricey because it is the biggest set ever, but $500 is pretty steep. Still, that will not stop me from buying it because I do want this badly. I have only one other question that I would like to have answered which is is the hallway from the hull to the cockpit oepn? Every model, whether it was Lego or for the 3 3/4 action figures, has not had this area opeen; it is always blocked in some way. This has been a 30 year problem that has not been addressed until now, I hope.I can't tell from the pictures if this is the case.

Rick

Reaction score

anyone have a guess as to why they would put obi and leia in with han and chewy? the two of them were never in the ship at the same time. obi and young luke, leia and 3po would make more sense as those pairs were matched up in the movies in the cockpit at the same time as han and chewy. maybe i'm just being to picky over this awesome thing.

Reaction score

because luke is in the gunnary chair, bty, i just ordered this thing, i just could not resist, good thing that i got a tax return coming!!!!

Reaction score

DRUMI33 said:
anyone have a guess as to why they would put obi and leia in with han and chewy? the two of them were never in the ship at the same time. obi and young luke, leia and 3po would make more sense as those pairs were matched up in the movies in the cockpit at the same time as han and chewy. maybe i'm just being to picky over this awesome thing.

I'm happy to get a white robed bun-hair Leia. To date, the only way to get that minifig is from the original 7190 Falcon set, and she alone fetches $60 plus on Bricklink.
grin.gif