1:6 Sideshow - Darth Maul "Duel on Naboo"

Reaction score
Sideshow's new version of a Sith favorite has arrive....

Really well-done. Excellent scale (shorter body, size-appropriate head), gorgeous cut-n-sew (featuring wired skirt tabs for maximum "action" posing), cool sculpt on two-piece gloves and an interesting take on the boots that up's the articulation a bit. The portrait is very well done, from the sharp horns to the piercing eyes.

If you're a big "dark side" fan or a Maul collector (like me)....consider adding this fine version to your collection....

I used some rewards points at Sideshow to bring the price down on it....yes, it is a steep one. Had to get it....the original version s still a favorite in my collection. This one is a great step forward.

Reaction score
Still debating if i should get it or not. Recent pics did make it harder to resist. If i were to, i'd go for the Ex as i missed the severed hilt on the original release. Yet, price and especially costly custom and transport fees have prevented me to go for it.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I order this piece.. I think my last flex payment is this month..
Plus I also pre ordered the premium format Darth Maul. ..
I also purchased thru ebay the earlier sideshow version last year..
Does anybody know what are the big difference between both versions?

Last edited:
Reaction score
The outfit is better tailored to the figure on this new version...the figure's scale is much better (not too tall)...the sculpt is sharper with better paint apps. The "advantage" to the original release are more accessories and the outer robe (which works well with this new version) and the price on this new version is quite the jump.
I'm glad to have both versions.

Master and Apprentice plot the revenge of the Sith...

Reaction score
I'm happy with my original release of Sideshows Darth Maul.

Not enough differences IMO to warrant purchasing him again when there are so many other figures coming out.

Plus the price hike compared to the original Maul is a joke considering you get hardly any accessories with him compared to the original release.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Plus the price hike compared to the original Maul is a joke considering you get hardly any accessories with him compared to the original release.
Exactly. They should have re-released the Sith probes with this Maul to help justify the higher price.

Reaction score
But then, we'd need the robes as well as probes are specific to tatooïne and not to Naboo's duel.

Reaction score
This is tempting but I just don't understand the high price for less. It appears that Sideshow is holding on to a little bit of the 1/6th market and they charge very high to stay in the game. I think at some point Hot Toys will take this over completely.

Reaction score
Great shots...still undecided on HT vs SSC(I sold the Sideshow original version).

Reaction score

Great shots...still undecided on HT vs SSC(I sold the Sideshow original version).
The new HT Maul does look good, and we can all expect the body to be much better, more accessories, and better tailoring. However, I still think the SS 2.0 head sculpt better resembles Ray Park, and is still a great figure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reaction score

Last edited:
Reaction score
I chose the HT Maul just because of the Sith Speeder, but I love the headsculpt on this one. Great pics!

Reaction score

I chose the HT Maul just because of the Sith Speeder, but I love the headsculpt on this one. Great pics!
Thanks! You’ll be happy with the HT Maul!

The headsculpt really is the best part of the Sideshow 2.0 Maul:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Great pictures! Thanks for sharing. SS head sculpt looks better than HT in my opinion.

Reaction score

Great pictures! Thanks for sharing. SS head sculpt looks better than HT in my opinion.
Thanks!

I repainted the eyes with more yellow:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Looks really good Roguerunner! For a second i thought i was looking at a screen grab, especially the 2nd photo.

Reaction score
Added the Hot Toys robes for a more accurate look. The SS version was too form-fitting, and the folds in the shoulder and chest areas are way more accurate:

Reaction score
Hey Herb, which cloak are you using? I'd like to get a cloak for my SS v2 Maul as well.