1:6 scale Death Star Gunner Station project

Reaction score
Here we go. Started to Print the parts for the 1:6 scale Gunner Stationn, but after I modified them so they would fit on the print bed. This is going to be massive. I'm not to worried about the print lines. I will be using the PLA XTC from Smooth-On to clean up the layer lines. Normally I don't but this model is so big it should affect the details.

The Wheel: Hollowed so I can run LED lights in it.

Untitled by Izzy Mel, on Flickr

Size comparison to the 1:12 scale version I made:

Right Side view of the main Canon:

Gunner Station 1:6 scale by Izzy Mel, on Flickr

Just for fun I picture the Hot Toys figure by it:

and one last comparison to the 1:12 scale version, and you can see all three sizes. the Grey one underneath in the printer is 1:18 scale.

Reaction score
That's freakin' awesome! Can't wait to see the finished one. So just out of curiosity how much does it cost to print something that big?

Would you consider doing any in 1:18 scale? If so, I might be interested in one down the road.

Great work!

Reaction score
My goodness !!! Very VERY promising project !!!

Thank you. Just finished the lower gun and side canon. In the process of printing the center upper canon now.

Parts for Gunner Station by Izzy Mel, on Flickr

Left Side Canon:

Ready to pull off the printer:

More to follow:

Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey izzy what image hosting site do you use? I use(d) postimage but all mine got taken down.

Looking great, can't wait to see the weathering! And damn, that thing is huuuuuge! *that's what she said*

Reaction score
Hey izzy what image hosting site do you use? I use(d) postimage but all mine got taken down.

Looking great, can't wait to see the weathering! And damn, that thing is huuuuuge! *that's what she said*
i use Flickr for my pics. They seem to be good. Haven’t had any issues with the site but

Utinniii

Reaction score
Postimage lost their domain. If you use .cc instead of .org, you can see your pictures. You will have to change all your existing links though.

Reaction score
Reaction score

kk1

Reaction score
Hasbro just needs to buy this off of you, they'd still probably be saving money instead of tooling it themselves.

Reaction score
A big WOW! It is build very tight, as if it is a real working device. The lighting is a brilliant extra.
Have you considered building a housing for the cannon?

Reaction score
Unbelievably good work, this is first ballot hall of dio fame material. The whole thing knocks my socks off....and I don't usually wear socks....

Reaction score
A big WOW! It is build very tight, as if it is a real working device. The lighting is a brilliant extra.
Have you considered building a housing for the cannon?

Thank you Yoda36. Dont know now if I have the room for that. I started a new build to be more screen accurate. I’ll post when I’m done. But for now here is a quick of the newer one in pieces. Sorry for the bad audio.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2F6kvT0KC0

Last edited: