1:5 scale McQuarrie Artist Series

Reaction score
Confirmed from SSC at SDCC: Vader, Boba Fett, and a Stormtrooper

Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing more, I hope the pricing is a little lower than the mythos line...

Reaction score
They do look mighty tasty I have to say! :D Interesting that Boba is in a very similar pose to the new PF Boba.

Reaction score
Vader looks the most impressive I think, these would be my priority purchases if they are totally polystone..., otherwise I think the premium format Boba Fett & Vader will be the priorities. :)

Reaction score
As much as Mythos didn't catch my attention, i gotta admit these are quite impressive. Selection is a lot better and this trio would make for an excellent central display in the main room. really looking forward to prototype pics.

Reaction score
Yeah these would make an excellent display for any McQuarrie collection!

Reaction score
They didn't say the Mythos line is dead. They implied they are trying to figure out what to do with it under the new rules from Disney.

Reaction score
I'm excited. I don't really have any space for them right now but I'll still probably pick them up.

Reaction score
I'm 100% in for all of these. Hopefully the droids and luke are next.

Reaction score
I still don't see the problem with the Mythos and Disney. I mean, the only other Mythos ever shown was Grievous, what's the problem? We all know Grievous past, even under non-EU system, it was already well played by Lucas himself

Reaction score
I don't understand it either, the Mythos line is definitely viable..., I had a feeling the McQuarrie line would take over from the Mythos statues though, I'm not unhappy with the concepts being in this scale..., I hope they'll make at least 5 like they did with the Mythos statues, Luke should definitely get a look in. :)

Reaction score
Done to death. Seems like they can't ever stop reproducing different incarnations of the same 6 characters over and over and over and over...

Reaction score
Q: Loved the Ralph McQuarrie reveals. You mentioned there is a similarity to the Star Wars Mythos collection, are you guys ever going to go back and do any more Mythos?

A: We would definitely love to at some point! Our team has actually done quite a few designs that we are excited about, but we want to hold off showing them until the plans are more finalized. If and when the announcement does come, we also want to make sure we have a good lineup to get everyone excited about the continuation of the series.

I have to say they are probably working out what Disney will let them do, at least its something.

Reaction score
The dilemma now...replace the GG McQ busts with these statues, collect both SS and GG, or just mix and match? These pieces are going to need a fair share of space...

Reaction score
As much as Mythos didn't catch my attention, i gotta admit these are quite impressive. Selection is a lot better and this trio would make for an excellent central display in the main room. really looking forward to prototype pics.
I don't really understand this statement of better selection??? Mythos offered 5 choices not 3 and 2 of the McQ are the same offered in the mythos line....

Reaction score
Although the images are cast in shadow, currently the only one looking impressive is Vader..., hopefully we'll get to see some better pictures soon though. :)

Reaction score
I'm not sure why but I'm not as excited about these as I thought I would be....

This might change when we get more than concept art

Reaction score
I'm not sure why but I'm not as excited about these as I thought I would be....

This might change when we get more than concept art
I'm not surprised to be honest, looking at the concept art I was only impressed with Vader..., not sure what the heck they were thinking with Boba Fett as it looks like they've gone for the silver surfer look & as for the Stormtrooper, well he's in an odd almost old man, hunched pose..., I just hope they improve once we see actual figures (statues). :)

Reaction score
I've just been reading up on this line & at the end of the paragraph where it announces the 3 characters being made it says & more..., has anyone heard what the scheduling is for their releases & reveals at all? I had this idea of having the concept Vader along side the actual movie version but if there's a potential for Luke to turn up soonish as well then that'd be a far better choice as a companion piece I think. :)