1:4 Scale Poll: What next?

Do you like the changes?

• Total voters

D. Martin

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
For the first poll on the subject of Premium Format figures, we ask what film would you like to see the next 1:4 scale figure come from?

Reaction score
At the price and size I'm only interested in the true icons. Aside from possibly Boba Fett that leaves the original gang in their ANH gear. Once they hit Chewie and the droids ANH style there's nothing left for me. Possibly a Stormtrooper. These things are just too large to "collect" in my opinion so I've approached the line purely in terms of building a themed museum-style display.

Reaction score
A Jedi Luke PF would be great! Also a Qui-Gon PF would be equally as great
!

Reaction score
It would go against their repeat policy, but a ROTS Anakin and Obi-Wan would be a great counterpart to the OT Vader and Obi-Wan. As for other characters, I own the GG Maul Statue, and I think Sideshow could do an amazing Maul PF.

Reaction score
I don't know how hard Sideshow is stuck on that policy, I mean we have ANH Luke and then ESB Luke, so it's quite possible we will get a ROTJ Luke. It seems SS is moving forward movie by movie with these. Also I think that if they did release a ROTJ Luke the statue would sell out quite easily, I don't think the fact that there have been other Luke's released in this line will hurt Jedi Luke’s sales.

Reaction score
#1 on my list would be chewie followed by an r2/3po combo. Having said that, I love this line and would get pretty much any figure (unless they chose an obscure jedi).

D. Martin

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
MaulFan said:
It would go against their repeat policy, but a ROTS Anakin and Obi-Wan would be a great counterpart to the OT Vader and Obi-Wan. As for other characters, I own the GG Maul Statue, and I think Sideshow could do an amazing Maul PF.
Going with the same theme, I'd like them to make Anakin and Obi-Wan in the elevator scene of AOTC. Now that would really compliment the Vader and Obi-Wan ANH statues since that scene was the first time you see them interact as friends. Through out the entire saga, it stands as one of the most iconic moments imho.

Reaction score
ambasah said:
#1 on my list would be chewie followed by an r2/3po combo. Having said that, I love this line and would get pretty much any figure (unless they chose an obscure jedi).
Chewie, R2-D2, C3PO .. !

Reaction score
I'd be all over an IG-88 PF - just in case he is too complex to make as a 1/6 a la Grievous (hopefully that'll be dispelled, but that is another thread). I wonder if IG-88 is considered mainstream enough for PF standards? Bossk too for that matter...

Reaction score
Either Jango Fett, to complement Boba coming out soon, or one of the Clone commanders from ROTS.

Reaction score
A Tarkin would be nice as well .. just keep it to the main characters and please let them finish off ANH C3PO,R2D2 and Chewbacca for those of us who are only waiting for these to complete...there might be interest ins some more like the Tarkin or Imperial Troops but I hope I do not have to wait 2 years until the core characters are done as for most of us there is no plan to collect 20-30 of these statues ( due space issues ) but to create a nice display of the main characters ( with maybe 1-2-3 extras to accompany them ). But I personally have no need in 5 different Luke Skywalker statues nor do I need any Episode 1-3 characters as they only delay the release of the missing 3.

Reaction score
I would like to see a rouding out of main characters.

Chewbacca, R2 & 3PO, and a Stormie. After that I am not sure where I would want them to go. For me this line is an OT line only. I don't think I would pick up many PT charaters. But hey if they were really kick a$$ I might consider it.

Reaction score
I want to see an original Emperor made in PF exactly as appeared in ROTJ!! Something as the Doom PF but I am afraid that will look too similar with the Attakus, so I rather have him standing like when he walked out of the Imperial ship with the Royal guards behind!!.
A Darth Maul will be cool but I don't think I will go for it since I already own the Attakus and the GG Intl plus waiting for the bust.

Reaction score
I would also LOVE to see a Tusken Raider! Now that would be awesome!

Reaction score
I'm actually more interested in when we can expect an announcement for the next Star Wars PF. Will we hear anything by the end of the year or is Sideshow going to wait until Toy Fair?
-theropod

Reaction score
Amy Sith, Jango or the Geonosis version of Padme would be fine with me. My first choice would be a ROTJ Emperor though.

Reaction score
i think they should hit ROTJ next, but i imagine we'd see more ESB first. there are 5 ANH, and 2 ESB so far. it would be interesting to see if they include the droids and Chewbacca in Ep.V or VI versions, and not Ep.IV.

but since they've made both ANH and ESB Luke, i think it's easy to imagine a jedi Luke. what i would really like to see from ROTJ is a slave Leia. i think that PF is the only way that SSC should approach that character.

Reaction score
JEDI_HAWK said:
I would like to see a rouding out of main characters.

Chewbacca, R2 & 3PO, and a Stormie.
These are the ones I would like to see, I don't care what order they do them in.

I also really like the "scene" type of statue like they did with Luke.

Remember, they are going to do what they think will sell. I just can't see them doing fringe characters at this price (though I hope I am wrong).

Reaction score
While I love the idea of the secondary characters in statue form, I have to agree that this line is better suited to the more central characters. I also have to agree that PF is the best way to go when approaching Slave Leia. I'd love to see her made well in the 1:6 line too, but I'm afraid that PF is realistically the best way to go with her.

Reaction score
Boushh said:
While I love the idea of the secondary characters in statue form, I have to agree that this line is better suited to the more central characters. I also have to agree that PF is the best way to go when approaching Slave Leia. I'd love to see her made well in the 1:6 line too, but I'm afraid that PF is realistically the best way to go with her.

i was thinking the same with some of the Padme incarnations too. it would be really cool to see AOTC figures of her in Naboo outfits (by the lake, and by the fireplace), but articulation would destroy the whole effect. originally i thought that Portrait Edition style would be best, but now i'm thinking that Premium Format would be much better (assuming that they keep going with prequel PF's). it's too bad they cost so much.

Reaction score
At this point I would just like to hear an announcement about what we can expect next, but I doubt we'll hear anything until the NY Toy Fair.
-theropod

Reaction score
I'm with you on Padme, devil. I would love to see some great Padme gowns from AOTC and ROTS, especially in a smaller format because of affordability, but PF would be a wonderful way to display the intricacies of Biggar's creations. Padme has gotten the short end of the stick (when it comes to canon characters) in most smaller lines in general, so it would be great to see something never-before made in the 1:4 scale.

Reaction score
Boussh, you know who else would benefit immensely from 1:4 treatment? i want a 1:6 version above all else, but i would also be very much down for Aayla Secura in Premium Format. not only would she be a knockout, but she'd be more likely to end up in an action pose than Padme or Leia, and that would seriously enhance the dynamics of the statue. Padme and Leia standing perfectly still are highly dynamic as is. but Aayla in full Jedi battle fever would be exponentially more so.

Reaction score
I really hope they stay with the basic characters on this as I collect the line not ONE single figure .. and it is impossible to collect 50 of these statues .. so my hopes still go for C3PO R2D2 Chewbacca first ... spreading it to the Prequels will make many collectors of the line jump off in my opinion ...

Reaction score
Medusa said:
I really hope they stay with the basic characters on this as I collect the line not ONE single figure .. and it is impossible to collect 50 of these statues .. so my hopes still go for C3PO R2D2 Chewbacca first ... spreading it to the Prequels will make many collectors of the line jump off in my opinion ...
Well said..I wouldnt really want to house 50 PF SSC...I hope maybe 1 or 2 a year...

Reaction score
Medusa said:

i don't collect this line, and i agree that it should stick to main characters. but they've done Grievous already, and i would be surprised if they didn't do more prequel characters. however, with the PT, i think they should take the opportunity to select characters based on their potential as amazing statues. OT characters have an icon status that will take decades for PT characters to reach, if ever, and that's how the OT selections should be made. but the line isn't going to run up to 50 if they do only the crucial OT statues, and a choice handful of PT's.

right now, i'm after the Vader statue, and that's it. a good Aayla Secura would definitely start me buying more.

Reaction score
I would love to see a Premium Format Figure of the Emperor or one of 3PO w/ R2.

Does anyone know if the 1:1 line is dead? Maul was brilliant in every way but after Greedo came out so so in my view it seems like the line has stopped but I think a ROTJ Emperor Bust or a Tuskan Raider would juice up the line since neither of them have been made in any form by S.S.

Reaction score
DARTHBORAT said:
Does anyone know if the 1:1 line is dead?
Sideshow previewed a 1:1 Yoda bust at the San Diego Comic Con a month back, and also full 1:1 statues of R2 and C3po!!
so I think the line is FAR from dead

Reaction score
You're completely right on Aayla, devilof1776. She would be a prime candidate for 1:4 PF based on action stances alone. She would be better suited for the PF line than the 1:6 line, like Slave Leia (not that I don't want to see either of these in the 1:6 line...I'd LOVE to see them both), only with a better selection of action poses to choose from.