1:4 Boba Fett (ROTJ) Premium Format - 2017

Reaction score
On Sideshow Facebook they have a picture and banner
NEW Boba Fett Premium Format.

Suppose to be shown on March 22.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's easy money. They can reuse many of the parts again, jetpack, head and so on. Cost lots of money to sculpt mold and cast. Few tweaks for Jedi version sculpt new statue and base put on the parts and ready. Top sculptors can get up to $20,000 an inch.

Plus a popular character, Boba came up for order in December 2014 and is sold out with 2750 within 2 years. The more expensive these get the less characters you going to get made. About a dozen more characters I want but have given up on getting those

When I started collecting in 2007 I paid $220.00 for my first Darth Maul Pf , a year ago the new Maul list at $520.00. Shipping has tripled from that point so collectors have way less money these days. The resell market keeps going down. I use to use resell of my pieces to buy an new one, would make money or at least get my money back, now I lose at least 25 percent. So collectors
are getting poorer and poorer

Last edited:
Reaction score
We literally just got a new Fett, I'm hoping this is just a repaint of the version that came out last year. Just in ROTJ colors and maybe a new base.

We have characters like Leia, Han, Luke, Obi-Wan, Anakin, Padme, Qui-Gon and Dooku that could use ones (whether it is new or their first time doing the character) before a 3rd Fett.

Reaction score
Well I guess is better than the Efx alternative; Sideshow gives us to much, Efx gives us nothing. We just can't win

Reaction score
Well I guess is better than the Efx alternative; Sideshow gives us to much, Efx gives us nothing. We just can't win
I miss the days of Master Replicas. owned Falcon, Excluisve AT AT, Snowspeeder, both Han Blasters,
Stormtrooper Blaster, Rebel Blaster, Maul Saber. Great days then.

Reaction score
A third Fett is disappointing... I already have the other two. Would love to see more unreleased OT characters done...

Reaction score
There will have to be something pretty special about this one for me to purchase it. I have the other two PFs and the HT 1:4. I really like the HT, so this would
have to top that.

Reaction score
There will have to be something pretty special about this one for me to purchase it. I have the other two PFs and the HT 1:4. I really like the HT, so this would
have to top that.
Yeah ... my thoughts exactly. I love the character, but I'm not sure if I need a fourth version of him in this scale.

Reaction score
It looks great from the preview video we saw of it

but we don't need another Boba Fett 2 years after they made the ESB one.

Easy pass.

Reaction score
Same - I love Fett - but I can't afford three or more PF's of the same char - and I have the first - didn't get the second for the same reason - so the third stands no chance with me.
Totally understand the economics, but ...no deal !

Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
PREORDERED!... for far too long I've wanted a good huge high quality fett statue, i keep letting them pass me by then when i finally want to pull the trigger they're crazy expensive on the secondary market. this time i pounced and preordered it... COME ON NOVEMBER!!!

GAT

Reaction score
I pre-ordered this as well today. I have the ESB version and agree with everyone else that I would rather see new characters than rereleases of the same character from different films but nonetheless this is a cool piece.

Reaction score
i feel the same as you guys im a fett guy and i have both pf i did order this one just becase i have eve other fett that they mabe wrold lve to see a ig88 and amanamaen

Reaction score
I just don't get the pricing. 549$. Seriously? I think SS is making an internal bet to know how much people are ready to pay, raising 100$ each BF PF.

Reaction score
I just don't get the pricing. 549$. Seriously? I think SS is making an internal bet to know how much people are ready to pay, raising 100$ each BF PF.
I think this has something to do with Disney and the licensing fees. It seems like all of the collectibles licensees have seen a 10-20% rise on their prices since the release of TFA.

Reaction score
Is there any possible way that pre-ordering this WONT lead to me buying a lot more? Like are there any support groups you guys know of? My wife is incredible and lets me fill our living room with anything star wars i want to (she even embraced the life size salacious crumb with open arms) But eventually I'm gonna have to build an addition and I don't know if her patience will extend that far :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Is there any possible way that pre-ordering this WONT lead to me buying a lot more? Like are there any support groups you guys know of? My wife is incredible and lets me fill our living room with anything star wars i want to (she even embraced the life size salacious crumb with open arms) But eventually I'm gonna have to build an addition and I don't know if her patience will extend that far :rolleyes:
Once you get one PF it's hard to stop. But life is short. I say enjoy the collectibles !

Reaction score
Just preordered Boba w/the $50 code they sent me in the mail.

The exclusive edition size is 750.
I need to use my code on something. Maybe Fett. He looks great. I will probably end up ordering Han and Luke as well just because their ESB looks are my favorite.

Reaction score
I need to use my code on something. Maybe Fett. He looks great. I will probably end up ordering Han and Luke as well just because their ESB looks are my favorite.
Yeah I'm deciding what to use that coupon on, Kylo or Jango...

or just preorder Luke. That Han is awful so I'm not going anywhere near that. Also got the Cloud City Fett, which I think is perfect so I don't need another Boba.

Decisions...

Reaction score
Yeah I'm deciding what to use that coupon on, Kylo or Jango...

or just preorder Luke. That Han is awful so I'm not going anywhere near that. Also got the Cloud City Fett, which I think is perfect so I don't need another Boba.

Decisions...
If you have the ESB Boba you might want to pick up Jango. They compliment each other really well. :)

GAT

Reaction score
Got an email yesterday saying I’ll be charged for this on 11/17. It got here quicker than I expected.

GAT

Reaction score
Got mine today as well and assembled it. Really nice piece! Only compliant is that the cape didn't have a hole in it to attach the shoulder like the ESB version did. I had to use a knife and make one to get the pin in.

BenObi_70, I'm curios to hear if you have the same issue.

Reaction score
Got my Boba PF unpacked and assembled, and I agree with GAT, a very nice piece! It's not perfect but I think the final version is very close to the proto photos SS showed us. It comes in many pieces which is a good thing since Boba has so many small breakable bits, shipping it unassembled I'm sure avoids potential breakage. Magnets are used to secure everything except the helmet's rangefinder which is just pushed in. Everything has a nice tight fit. Yes, they blew it and forgot to make a hole in the cape where it attaches to the shoulder armor but I had an awl and that was an easy 2 second fix. His knee pads/armor came positioned way too low but after a little futzing, I got those into the correct spot. Generally the weathering is very good, and the soft parts of his outfit look dirty, the way they should. My biggest nitpick is the silver weathering on the helmet. It's a little bezerk and looks more like Far East/Asian writing in places than authentic weathering. Also the front "leather" brown belt pouches appear to be a little larger than they should be. But overall I'm really happy with my purchase and I'd recommend this PF. A bunch of pics follow...

Last edited: