1:36 Amanamini

Reaction score
Sorry I haven't been around much lately guys...been busy mastering my new toy. After seeing someone use a 3D printer to make both a 1:36 scale Amanaman, and a 1:6 scale Amanaman...I decided to venture out and buy a 3D Resin Printer.

First off...full disclosure...these printers have a steep learning curve and generate a ton of frustration along the way. But, for every half dozen fails, you get the satisfaction of something working great.

I've had this thing for a month...and am just now getting it down. Tons to learn...resins, exposure times, support settings, leveling, etc, etc...

This is my fourth attempt at an 'Amanamini'. The first was almost successful, however a damaged FEP resulted in one damaged arm and a somewhat separated torso. Second and third attempts failed. Finally, I had this little beauty waiting for me when I came home
Amanamini.jpg

This is pre-clean and cure.

The dude selling 3d scans of vintage figures doesn't have them all, but he does have several, including some other Last 17. He has branched off and started making custom 3d vintage style files, such as these...
ScreenShot233_large.jpgScreenShot856_large.jpgScreenShot041_large.jpg

So now I just have to figure out the best paints for these, and start making myself a set of 1/2 sized vintage figures

Reaction score
Sadly dropped the torso and snapped the tail...time to fire the printer back up...torso number 3!

Been kind of distracted from this project lately teaching myself to use Blender and designing challenge coins