1:10 scale ArtFX+ Snowtrooper - (2 pack set)

Reaction score
I can't see a specific thread for these guys & they are just looking too good not to have their own thread, really like how they've turned out & I was especially pleased to see 4 pose options as I wanted 2 sets (the poses may only be slight in a couple of cases but it's good enough for me). :)

Reaction score
Will buy, but splitting the set with a friend, as neither of us have any interest in a double set of two identical figures.

This should have been a single pack with extra arms, or if a double pack, then one of them should have been the Snowtrooper commander or AT-AT driver.

Reaction score
I hope that they end up selling this like they did with the sand troopers. Have the single pack one with the laser cannon! I'd buy that in a heartbeat. I feel its a waste having two figures with the same legs.

Reaction score
Totally agree. The sand troopers failed with their identical legs.

Reaction score
It does seem strange that they made all of the various clones & Stormtroopers with the different leg pose options but they never at least offered the Sandtroopers with the same swap out legs. As for the Snowtroopers, I don't mind them having the same legs but it'd make more sense for them to come that way if we're going to be getting the Snowtrooper Commander made seperately at some point. :)

Reaction score
But these have also got the identical creases on the mask and cape, so it really doesn't make sense to have more than one, as it's the same figure.

Reaction score
I can see your point but I can also understand why the differences are more minimal, basically it keeps the costs down. I'm happy it's a 2 pack but that's because I'd like more than 1, not sure how they decide what should be a single figure & what shouldn't but I remember Kotobukiya promoting their earlier 1:10 scale 2 pack figure sets as army builders so maybe that's why they are keeping to the double figure sets.

Reaction score
Koto NEEDS to make environment bases for ALL 1/10th figures!! Maybe even with a backdrop!
The second hand market should pick up. They would make a killing!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I can see your point but I can also understand why the differences are more minimal, basically it keeps the costs down. I'm happy it's a 2 pack but that's because I'd like more than 1, not sure how they decide what should be a single figure & what shouldn't but I remember Kotobukiya promoting their earlier 1:10 scale 2 pack figure sets as army builders so maybe that's why they are keeping to the double figure sets.
I perfectly agree with that during our present economic times. But then again, make it a single pack to make it affordable, instead of not so affordable as an identical double pack.

Reaction score
I perfectly agree with that during our present economic times. But then again, make it a single pack to make it affordable, instead of not so affordable as an identical double pack.
I didn't think of it like that but yes, your right there.

Reaction score
Koto NEEDS to make environment bases for ALL 1/10th figures!! Maybe even with a backdrop!
The second hand market should pick up. They would make a killing!
Totally!

Considering how enviroment extras by Figma and Bandai for their figures sell out, it is puzzling why Koto hasn't ventured into it!

Reaction score
I didn't think of it like that but yes, your right there.
Cheers. I'm still mega excited for it, eventhough I'm splitting the set with a friend (I only army build when diverse poses are possible ;) ), it's a fantastic piece to kick start a Imperial hoth display.

Reaction score
I'd love to see them do some environments but they might not have the license to do environments.
How about generic enviroments, like backdrop walls of ice/snow or sand bases that can also be used with thier Marvel and DC characters?

Reaction score
Even just going back to their creative bases like they used to make for their larger 1:7 scale figures would be something, it adds something to the figure(s) I think when they give it a bit of an environment look. :)

Reaction score
In a business cost perspective, I can see how mass producing the generic black stands would be beneficial. I don't mind them really.

Reaction score
What could also work, would be interchangeble theme tiles on the black bases.

Reaction score
In a business cost perspective, I can see how mass producing the generic black stands would be beneficial. I don't mind them really.
They are just what we get given so I don't mind them either really but quite often to conserve space I leave the bland bases in the boxes as there's nothing to add to the display by using them..., if they were more interesting though, then I'd feel I want to use them as they'd compliment the figures more (aside from the magnets of course which add stability that is, if needed).

Last edited:
Reaction score
I agree a few generic "scene setter" bases would be nice. Something that can be mass produced & still work for a wide range of figures.

• Death Star / spaceship hallway tiles (glossy black)
• Snowy base (nothing textured or anything that has a sculpt aka a wavey base which could inhibit the integrity of the magnetic hold to the feet)
• Sand base (recolor of snow base to help reduce production costs)
• Carbon freeze chamber (as seen with display models @ shows)

The bases can be sold individually while the generic black bases could still come with the statues. The above stated bases, I feel, would compliment a wide range of figures & whereas they are being sold separately, would help increase revenue by themselves rather than pack them with a specific statue.

Reaction score
I agree a few generic "scene setter" bases would be nice. Something that can be mass produced & still work for a wide range of figures.

• Death Star / spaceship hallway tiles (glossy black)
• Snowy base (nothing textured or anything that has a sculpt aka a wavey base which could inhibit the integrity of the magnetic hold to the feet)
• Sand base (recolor of snow base to help reduce production costs)
• Carbon freeze chamber (as seen with display models @ shows)

The bases can be sold individually while the generic black bases could still come with the statues. The above stated bases, I feel, would compliment a wide range of figures & whereas they are being sold separately, would help increase revenue by themselves rather than pack them with a specific statue.
Or just make the current black bases double sided and put what you're talking about on the other side.

Reaction score
They DID make an environment base, the Carbon Freeze chamber that came with the first Vader.

Reaction score
I bought the ESB Boba @ NYCC which just happened to be my very first comic con as well as my first Kotobukiya piece. I never received such a base. Only the black one. Now I feel jipped.

Reaction score
In the box? It should have came with extra arms and instructions? Was it this year NYCC? You now have me thinking that they didn't include the extra base on the second release, or yours was a factory oops?

Reaction score
No, it should have come with the extra base. I suggest you check the box, and odd you also didn't get instructions.

Reaction score
I checked the box when I got home. Nothing. Nothing states anything, anywhere that there is a carbon freeze chamber base. :mad:

Reaction score
My mistake and sincere apologies. The actually only comes with cloud city vader which in the instructions he shares it with boba. I clumlisy got confused as I looked at the pictures in my archive which has boba on it. :oops:

nx_

Reaction score
Mine shipped, and should be arriving by the end of the week.

Reaction score
I haven't bought anything from Koto's line in a while, but I I got these the other day.

Pros:
- Nice detail and weathering (both the figure and the blasters) by Koto as usual
- Torso to Legs joint is a round peg which allows for waist articulation

Cons:
- Limited head articulation (mostly due to the hood not always sitting flush against the chest armor, plus you can see under his hood from the back)
- Both sets of legs are identical (like the 1/10 Sandtroopers), so limited variability in poses
- Fewer arm parts, so fewer poses possible (only 4 choices)
- Price . . . I would have liked to see more arm and leg parts included. I know the price is because of Disney rather than Koto, but I still feel there isn't as much value in this set for the asking price.

Final Thoughts/Wishes:

- Nice set, but not as much value compared to earlier troop sets
- Would have been nice if one trooper was the Commander
- Would have been nice to have snow themed bases
- Bring on the Scout Troopers, Koto!

Reaction score
I just came back home after visiting Man of Action Figures (www.manofactionfigures.com) brick and mortar store here in Miami. Got this set for $56.24, same price as their Ebay price, which I thought it was a great deal, considering I had just bought a similar set last week from Gamestop for $79.00 Needless to say I'll be returning the Gamestop set. The Snowtroopers look fantastic.

Reaction score
Did you guys see that gamestop has these now for 39.99? just in case someone wanted these figured I would post up here, they do like nice at a nice price

Reaction score
Amazon has the set for under 40$. Being these are my favorite troopers, I love this set. I dont like how the heads can't sit flush, and you can see up the helmet from the back. But otherwise, these look fantastic. The helmet sculpt is perfect, and the detail is amazing.