► Sergiu/Jkno's Imperial Command Center 3 ◄

Reaction score
I won it in a contest from a local comic store, and Prowse signed it for them at a con. It came with a paper COA and everything.

Reaction score
The problem starts when folks with not much income decide to collect things that exceed what they can afford. Hence why having a budget for what a person chooses to collect, and saving for what they like is so important. Yes, buy what YOU like, not what someone else tells you to buy, But do so when you have the funds to do it, without taking it away from your life essentials, even more now during this world crisis. Best thing to do is to have a focus or you'll soon be overwhelmed with items you really did not care about, and lacking space. Take time to research prices, to look around for best deals. Collecting is not a life or death situation. Collecting is a hobby, a pass time, entertainment to keep us away from the everyday routine and life problems. Like so, it could be addictive, thus people need to be able to make a distinction and realize when things are getting out of hand. Again, I think having a collecting focus and saving for what you want , is the way to go to keep the hobby alive, without resulting to TV dinners because most of your funds went to some statue. Be realistic, not emotionally driven.

Reaction score
The problem starts when folks with not much income decide to collect things that exceed what they can afford. Hence why having a budget for what a person chooses to collect, and saving for what they like is so important. Yes, buy what YOU like, not what someone else tells you to buy, But do so when you have the funds to do it, without taking it away from your life essentials, even more now during this world crisis. Best thing to do is to have a focus or you'll soon be overwhelmed with items you really did not care about, and lacking space. Take time to research prices, to look around for best deals. Collecting is not a life or death situation. Collecting is a hobby, a pass time, entertainment to keep us away from the everyday routine and life problems. Like so, it could be addictive, thus people need to be able to make a distinction and realize when things are getting out of hand. Again, I think having a collecting focus and saving for what you want , is the way to go to keep the hobby alive, without resulting to TV dinners because most of your funds went to some statue. Be realistic, not emotionally driven.
Agreed 100%. My motto is if I can't pay cash for it, I don't buy it. There are those things one feels they must have, but in those cases I put in a 3 month rule. Meaning if I charge it, that charge HAS to be paid off in 3 months or it wasn't worth it. Also why I have a focus as you touch on.

I knew guys who didn't have a living room or bedroom, but basically lived in a storage unit that had so much stuff. That's not cool either. It's one thing if you are saving to get a bigger place and it's temporary, it's another if that is because you literally only have money for rent, food and your collection.

Reaction score
Exactly. I always had a separate budget for collecting, never used the money intended for other things. I only buy something if I really like it, if I have the money for it, and if I feel the price is truly worth it. I'm not completist, I have no collecting "grails", and there is no collectible that cannot be obtained with enough $ and patience, my only true grail would be a screen used large AT-AT, AT-ST, TIE Fighter, or Star Destroyer.

The specific Original Trilogy Imperial collecting focus also helped me stay on a road that I can still walk on, while other collectors come and go in the collecting field constantly. My focus might not be as appealing to others as a more variate collection, but you know what - I don't care, as I collect for myself not for others. :) And of course, I want to have fun collecting, not to worry about my next credit card payment.

Reaction score
.... My focus might not be as appealing to others as a more variate collection, but you know what - I don't care, as I collect for myself not for others. :) And of course, I want to have fun collecting, not to worry about my next credit card payment.
Well said Serg!

Reaction score
A package arrived from Julian containing two Imperial items, both from Galaxy Edge - a very cool Imperial logo flag and a neat Imperial Officer Rank badge. The flag is my favorite, as it fits perfectly on a desk next to a computer for example, or with 1/6 figures or next to a prop, but would work with smaller Hasbro figures too. I already put the flag next to the Hot Toys Emperor and his Royal Guards. Thank you for the cool items my friend!! :)

Reaction score
These are great!
Thanks Paul. The flag has metal rods (not flimsy plastic), solid base and good quality thick fabric, it is well crafted all together. It is about 15 cm tall, so perfect for display, not taking much space. And the rank badge can be customized with the different colored squares included in the package, it is not 100% accurate, but still a really beautiful piece, excellent for costuming or display on a shelf.

Reaction score
I really like the colour and design of the flag, I could imagine them displayed at an Imperial strong hold. Also great for displaying with 1:6 scale figures.

Reaction score
Congrats Sergiu! I know the materials are different in the builds, but the MR looks really good here.
What's your TK lid count at now?

Reaction score
Congrats Sergiu! I know the materials are different in the builds, but the MR looks really good here.
I agree Paul, the EFX looks good. But seeing them side by side, it is amazing the differences!

Reaction score
Thanks Paul. The EFX has its charm as well and a special place in the collection, especially in my case, as it was my first experience with EFX and Bryan, and it was a truly fantastic experience, completely different to what we get these days from EFX. How things have changed alas...

I have 8 life-size Stormtrooper helmets (including the RS Sandtrooper), from ANH, ESB and ROTJ.

Serg, outstanding addition to your helmet collection! Congrats!!
Thanks Trav

Reaction score
Is there any styles or variants of the OT Stormtrooper helmets you're missing?
My favourite style is the ANH stunt and my least is the ROTJ.
Do you feel the RS ANH Hero has the correct flare? I've read some collectors wedge a piece of wood inside the helmet ear to ear to achieve a wider appearance, just wondered if you thought it necessary?

Reaction score
Is there any styles or variants of the OT Stormtrooper helmets you're missing?
My favourite style is the ANH stunt and my least is the ROTJ.
Do you feel the RS ANH Hero has the correct flare? I've read some collectors wedge a piece of wood inside the helmet ear to ear to achieve a wider appearance, just wondered if you thought it necessary?
There are a couple niche ones like MkII, but don't think I'll get them, as my display space is limited.
The later batch of Hero lids from RS has a wider allure compared to the first, mine is also wider than the older ones. It is even a tad wider than the EFX.

Reaction score
You always get the best books, Serg! I have bought many a book after seeing you own it :).
Thanks Trav. There are quite many good books about Star Wars I recommend buying: The Making of Star Wars (all 3 books), Sculpting a Galaxy (regular & deluxe), Star Wars Art: Ralph McQuarrie, Star Wars Blueprints (regular & deluxe), Star Wars Chronicles (both the 90's edition, and the new Japanese "Vehicles" one), Star Wars Costumes, Star Wars Archives the new large version, the old Star Wars Archives aka From Star Wars to Indiana Jones - different from the new one, Star Wars Storyboards, Star Wars The Visual Dictionary, Industrial Light & Magic (2 books), Star Wars Objets Du Mythe, etc.

Reaction score
Thanks Trav. There are quite many good books about Star Wars I recommend buying: The Making of Star Wars (all 3 books), Sculpting a Galaxy (regular & deluxe), Star Wars Art: Ralph McQuarrie, Star Wars Blueprints (regular & deluxe), Star Wars Chronicles (both the 90's edition, and the new Japanese "Vehicles" one), Star Wars Costumes, Star Wars Archives the new large version, the old Star Wars Archives aka From Star Wars to Indiana Jones - different from the new one, Star Wars Storyboards, Star Wars The Visual Dictionary, Industrial Light & Magic (2 books), Star Wars Objets Du Mythe, etc.
Nice list. I already own Making of ESB, Star Wars Chronicles, Star Wars Costumes, Star Wars Archives the new large version, Star Wars The Visual Dictionary. I also own the PT Chronicles, Dressing a Galaxy from the PT and ROTS Making of, Rogue One Making of. All are excellent as you said.

Reaction score
I have other SW books, novels and magazines, but as you know most of mine are about Original Trilogy, I have a few about others SW movies only when they are in the same book (like this Death Star Manual or Sculpting a Galaxy for example) or the old SW novels translated in my languages which are OT, PT and EU.

I'll have to take a picture of all the SW books together some day

Reaction score
I guess you mean the deluxe edition? How much did it go for? I only have the regular, as I only needed the book itself, not the extra parts.
They list the one with the parts at nearly $500 USD shipped! It is still for sale by Sideshow.

Reaction score
They list the one with the parts at nearly $500 USD shipped! It is still for sale by Sideshow.
That is a lot, in my opinion, just get the regular book, it is identical to the deluxe one. In fact both have a binding issue, you need to be careful when reading it.

Reaction score
This morning I took out the Hot Toys Death Star Gunner, Vader ANH, Vader ESB and 1/4 Vader, as well as Medicom Vader, and sprayed the pleather suits with 303 Aerospace proctectant. I used silicone spray when I got all these figures so they were already protected, but now I bought this 303 spray, and used it too, to be sure the pleather will last as much as possible. I highly recommend collectors to try to take care of the pleather present on various figures.

Reaction score
Did you just spray the whole figure or carefully just the elements of pleather that required it?
Just the pleather/faux leather. And I used my hand and a cloth to add that liquid over the parts, then cleaned up with another cloth. The figures look shiny, but natural. Forum members on SSF and other boards used this, but I only got it earlier this week, so I decided to try it too.

Reaction score
I see, thanks for that.

I've got both my Vader's on display. Got quite a few figures boxed (EP3 Anakin, Obi Wan, Dooku. Emperor and Luke Jedi)
I can't think of any of them that have pleather/faux leather.

I may use it on my displayed Vaders. Can't hurt to do so.

My next project is to try and get rid of the sitcky residue on my MR ESB Vader lightsaber. Took it out of it's display case and got black marks all over my hands!

Reaction score
I see, thanks for that.

I've got both my Vader's on display. Got quite a few figures boxed (EP3 Anakin, Obi Wan, Dooku. Emperor and Luke Jedi)
I can't think of any of them that have pleather/faux leather.

I may use it on my displayed Vaders. Can't hurt to do so.

My next project is to try and get rid of the sitcky residue on my MR ESB Vader lightsaber. Took it out of it's display case and got black marks all over my hands!
This 303 Aerospace protectant might some have an effect on the MR saber grips, but it will be better if you clean the top rubber coating that started to degrade, and remain only with the ABS underneath