► Sergiu/Jkno's Imperial Command Center 3 ◄

Reaction score
That's a perfect choice, Sergiu. The red of the Royal Guard robe will make that whole area pop up. Looking forward to see the framed painting and look of the area with it.

Reaction score
Very nice Sergiu this will be a great companion piece for your force pike.

Reaction score
Very nice Sergiu this will be a great companion piece for your force pike.
Thank you!
And here are some more details from the artist: It's brush pen & acrylic colours on 300gsm Cold Pressed, 100% Cellulose Acid Free Water colour paper.

Reaction score
Despite the fact that now my collecting focus are Original Trilogy Imperials, and that I mostly collect high end items, I still love the classic Action Fleet and MicroMachines series, these being the only exception to OT Imperial collecting rule. A good friend of mine repainted the Micro Battle Set Turbo Tank / Juggernaut, and I added the interior, because the original interior was Kashyyyk environment diorama and not a proper tank one. Here is the finished product, though I'd better say it is still work in progress, as I'm going to make further changes to the interior. Enjoy :)

This is how the playset originally looked like - and yes, I have a second one that is still boxed.

Reaction score

That looks fantastic Sergiu. It's gone from looking like a toy to being almost a replica with that paint job. Great weathering and realistic paint application by your friend. Good addition to the Action Fleet line. I still have, although not displayed at this time, my entire Action Fleet collection. It was a great line.

Last edited:
Reaction score
That looks fantastic Sergiu. It's gone from looking like a toy to being almost a replica with that paint job. Great weathering and realistic paint application by your friend. Good addition to the Action Fleet line. I still have, although not displayed at this time, my entire Action Fleet collection. It was a great line.
Thanks Julian, my friend Andrei did a great job indeed. The paint is very close to the MR AT-AT color and we also know this tank appeared in Rogue One. I love the Action Fleet line, still have my entire collection, and I even have a few on display next to my higher end items, I know some collectors might not approve with this mixing, but honestly, I don't care. :) I might have to take some shots in the garden, but I'm quite busy these days at the house with repairs and such, plus it is very hot outside.

Reaction score
I sold many Action Fleet to fund 1:6 scale, and I truly miss them. This looks fantastic with expert weathering and detailing.

Reaction score
I sold many Action Fleet to fund 1:6 scale, and I truly miss them. This looks fantastic with expert weathering and detailing.
Thanks Jon :) I'm thinking in the future to give him the lovely Collector Fleet Star Destroyer to fix the thrusts which now are kinda transparent, to give them proper color, and maybe repaint the whole thing - we'll see.

Reaction score
Thanks Julian, my friend Andrei did a great job indeed. The paint is very close to the MR AT-AT color and we also know this tank appeared in Rogue One. I love the Action Fleet line, still have my entire collection, and I even have a few on display next to my higher end items, I know some collectors might not approve with this mixing, but honestly, I don't care. :) I might have to take some shots in the garden, but I'm quite busy these days at the house with repairs and such, plus it is very hot outside.
Yes. It was a great line, certainly. For their size, they are so we'll made, packed with details and action features. I don't display mine because of the lack of room to display them, but I do have them packed away for when we buy our next home with a bigger room for collectibles, and do plan to display them all. As for the mixing and not being approved by some people, who cares! Personally I think a variety of items as a group display quite well and reflect the many approaches to the film's by different manufacturers. Hey, as long as we enjoy what we got... Display away! :) Anyhow, the paint application by your friend really shows all the details of the sculpt, which get washed away the way the vehicle came out. It comes to show sometimes a good paint job is all that's needed. GG should make a note of that. :)

Reaction score
Yes. It was a great line, certainly. For their size, they are so we'll made, packed with details and action features. I don't display mine because of the lack of room to display them, but I do have them packed away for when we buy our next home with a bigger room for collectibles, and do plan to display them all. As for the mixing and not being approved by some people, who cares! Personally I think a variety of items as a group display quite well and reflect the many approaches to the film's by different manufacturers. Hey, as long as we enjoy what we got... Display away! :) Anyhow, the paint application by your friend really shows all the details of the sculpt, which get washed away the way the vehicle came out. It comes to show sometimes a good paint job is all that's needed. GG should make a note of that. :)
I like when collections mix various small and large things. The small collectibles can add up to the larger display. Wish I had enough space to display all the items i have in storage, like the Action Fleet and MicroMachines ships and playsets.

I loved ROTS, so that is an awesome item!
Thanks Travis, seems a version also appeared in Rogue One, with the prisoner transport. :)

Reaction score
A nice little magazine just came in: Star Wars Official 20th Anniversary Commemorative Magazine :)

Reaction score
That looks pretty cool , Sergiu. What set did it come with and how tall is it?
Thanks Julian, it is an accessory piece that comes with Obi-Wan figure from Hot Toys and is about 8 cm tall, so shorter than the old Hasbro 3" holo.

Reaction score
Thanks. A little too small for me, but a cool looking figure nonetheless. Not sure if you noticed Gentle Giant offered a holographic Princess Leia statue with a light up feature and phrases a couple of years ago. She is a little bit over 6" tall not including the base she's on. I'm waiting for the day that GG (if it ever happens), make a holographic statue of the Emperor with a light up feature, or for that matter, any other maker.

Reaction score
I own that! Got it when it came out, GREAT book! Also, I totally forgot about them using those as prisoner transports in Rogue One Serg!

Reaction score
Thanks. A little too small for me, but a cool looking figure nonetheless. Not sure if you noticed Gentle Giant offered a holographic Princess Leia statue with a light up feature and phrases a couple of years ago. She is a little bit over 6" tall not including the base she's on. I'm waiting for the day that GG (if it ever happens), make a holographic statue of the Emperor with a light up feature, or for that matter, any other maker.
I would definitely want an Emperor hologram statue with light up feature in 1/7 or 1/6.

I own that! Got it when it came out, GREAT book! Also, I totally forgot about them using those as prisoner transports in Rogue One Serg!
Yeah, very nice magazine. There are a few SW books I still need to get in time.

Reaction score
I would definitely want an Emperor hologram statue with light up feature in 1/7 or 1/6.

Yeah, very nice magazine. There are a few SW books I still need to get in time.
Hey Serg, PM me. I own quite an extensive amount of old SW and Prequels magazines that I have kept inside plastic sleeving, in a binder for decades. If there are any you need we can see what we can do.

Reaction score
Hey Serg, PM me. I own quite an extensive amount of old SW and Prequels magazines that I have kept inside plastic sleeving, in a binder for decades. If there are any you need we can see what we can do.
Thanks Travis. :) The next books/artbooks on my list are the trio of The Art of Star Wars (ANH, ESB, ROTJ), these ones, but there are a few things that I need to get first before looking for these books:

Reaction score
Thanks Travis. :) The next books/artbooks on my list are the trio of The Art of Star Wars (ANH, ESB, ROTJ), these ones, but there are a few things that I need to get first before looking for these books:

I gotcha. Yeah, I don't have those but good luck hunting :)!

Reaction score
I gotcha. Yeah, I don't have those but good luck hunting :)!
Thanks, these or the second edition (with 16 more pages) will join my collection some day. I'm hunting only OT books, with minor exceptions.

Reaction score
What I have been into (book wise) are the larger format hardcovers, either OT or PT. I prefer compilations like Star Wars Chronicles or SW Chronicles the Prequels that cover all the films. It's why I also love the costumes and dressing the galaxy ones, or even Dark Horses Panel to Panel because they cover all the films and even the TV items.

I would love to get specific hardcovers like the ones for SW, ESB, ROTJ that were released in the last 5 years but my issue is and always has been space. I have one shelf in my book cases for actual books, and it is filled to the brim. I also collect sports gear (specifically baseball) and it takes up nearly 2 full rooms, so again SW and especially the books have to suffer.

Sucks when you are a collector, because as you say in your tag line it mutates and doesn't go away haha.

Reaction score
I gave up on the SW novels long ago, though I still have some in English, and all the Romanian book sets (about 30). But I tried to get all the books that discuss OT from the behind the scenes, movie making, prop making etc. point of view: SW Costumes, Archives, McQuarrie, both Chronicles, Making of SW Trilogy, Storyboards, Blueprints, Sculpting a Galaxy, Objets du mythe, etc. And I get you about space, it is an issue for most collectors, this is why we need to focus to find a way in getting what we like and display it, and not just having stuff in contless boxes.

Reaction score
I gave up on the SW novels long ago, though I still have some in English, and all the Romanian book sets (about 30). But I tried to get all the books that discuss OT from the behind the scenes, movie making, prop making etc. point of view: SW Costumes, Archives, McQuarrie, both Chronicles, Making of SW Trilogy, Storyboards, Blueprints, Sculpting a Galaxy, Objets du mythe, etc. And I get you about space, it is an issue for most collectors, this is why we need to focus to find a way in getting what we like and display it, and not just having stuff in countless boxes.
Oh yes indeed. When there was that "dark times" between 1984-1990 with no new content, I bought up all the novel hardcovers. I even went back and filled my collection as a then working teen with the original SW books in hardcover form from local bookshops, flea markets. Plus I had all the Han Solo, Lando, Splinter of the Minds Eyes books as well. As I graduated college I saw this was a never ending onslaught so I stopped at the Vader book released right after ROTS.

Since then, like you, I have only got the Behind the Scenes, making of or Archive / Chronicle type books.

I literally in the last two months dumped about a room full of items in auctions or to local shops. I had 4 whole boxes from our recent move, and none were opened. I told my wife I felt like I had a legitimate problem. So I sold those off along with about another half a rooms worth of sports gear, all in closets or boxes. I also subscribe to that theory, if it isn't being displayed WHY do I own it then? Because to me, that makes you a hoarder :).

Last edited:
Reaction score
Oh yes indeed. When there was that "dark times" between 1984-1990 with no new content, I bought up all the novel hardcovers. I even went back and filled my collection as a then working teen with the original SW books in hardcover form from local bookshops, flea markets. Plus I had all the Han Solo, Lando, Splinter of the Minds Eyes books as well. As I graduated college I saw this was a never ending onslaught so I stopped at the Vader book released right after ROTS.

Since then, like you, I have only got the Behind the Scenes, making of or Archive / Chronicle type books.

I literally in the last two months dumped about a room full of items in auctions or to local shops. I had 4 whole boxes from our recent move, and none were opened. I told my wife I felt like I had a legitimate problem. So I sold those off along with about another half a rooms worth of sports gear, all in closets or boxes. I also subscribe to that theory, if it isn't being displayed WHY do I own it then? Because to me, that makes you a hoarder :).
We didn't have any access to SW books (or SW toys for that matter) back then, before 1990, the closest to one was when a friend brought a couple of Hungarian and German magazines which had stuff about SW inside. It was like a treat. SW was always very important to me, from childhood, when you live in a communist country where the totalitarian state doesn't give you heat in the winter, and takes the electrical power off for hours each day, and on TV you only have 4-5 hours praising the communist achievements, you realize you want more. SW was like a tower of freedom for me.

I'm still wondering how did Ceausescu allow ANH and ESB in cinemas back then (no ROTJ though - had to watch it on VHS - he might have been afraid to be overthrown like Palpatine), glad I was able to watch them with my dad. The ANH scene with the Star Destroyer and then the Stormtroopers entering Tantive 4 changed everything for me to this day. :)

Reaction score
We didn't have any access to SW books (or SW toys for that matter) back then, before 1990, the closest to one was when a friend brought a couple of Hungarian and German magazines which had stuff about SW inside. It was like a treat. SW was always very important to me, from childhood, when you live in a communist country where the totalitarian state doesn't give you heat in the winter, and takes the electrical power off for hours each day, and on TV you only have 4-5 hours praising the communist achievements, you realize you want more. SW was like a tower of freedom for me.

I'm still wondering how did Ceausescu allow ANH and ESB in cinemas back then (no ROTJ though - had to watch it on VHS - he might have been afraid to be overthrown like Palpatine), glad I was able to watch them with my dad. The ANH scene with the Star Destroyer and then the Stormtroopers entering Tantive 4 changed everything for me to this day. :)
Indeed, thanks for sharing that Serg. People in modern times forget the painful lessons of history all too easily.

Reaction score

Thanks for sharing that Sergiu. I admire you and your country for having overcome the abuse, lack of freedom and human rights a regime of that sort produces. I've seen recent documentaries of Romania and Hungary (where my cousin lives by the way), and you can tell the difference between what they once were under communism and what they are today after the fall of the USSR. Something to be learned nowadays by younger generations that have never heard of it nor experienced this type of oppressive system. As a matter of fact, you are an example of what freedom of expression can do to a person and his/her positive intellectual development in life. Now you are on top that tower!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Indeed, thanks for sharing that Serg. People in modern times forget the painful lessons of history all too easily.
Thanks for sharing that Sergiu. I admire you and your country for having overcome the abuse, lack of freedom and human rights a regime of that sort produces. I've seen recent documentaries of Romania and Hungary (where my cousin lives by the way), and you can tell the difference between what they once were under communism and what they are today after the fall of the USSR. Something to be learned nowadays by younger generations that have never heard of it nor experienced this type of oppressive system. As a matter of fact, you are an example of what freedom of expression can do to a person and his/her positive intellectual development in life. Now you are on top that tower!
People have a tendency to idealize what happened in the past, and see too many things in a more positive way. There are not many positive things to be said about communism here, if at all. When some millennials want communism to return or come to their countries they should think again. Maybe take a visit to North Korea and do something against the regime there, to get imprisoned to realize what freedom of speech, freedom of movement, and especially freedom of thinking is, and how they are now missing it all. Communism is no better than Nazism. Both these awful regimes imprisoned and killed millions of innocents because of faulty ideologies, that some today still think are ok. They are not ok!

Last edited:
Reaction score
People have a tendency to idealize what happened in the past, and see too many things in a more positive way. There are not many positive things to be said about communism here, if at all. When some millennials want communism to return or come to their countries they should think again. Maybe take a visit to North Korea and do something against the regime there, to get imprisoned to realize what freedom of speech, freedom of movement, and especially freedom of thinking is, and how they are now missing it all. Communism is no better than Nazism. Both these awful regimes imprisoned and killed millions of innocents because of faulty ideologies, that some today still think are ok. They are not ok!
Well said Serg!

Reaction score
One of the coolest props I got in the past years: Royal Guard Force Pike by Tom Leech from RPF. Full metal (aluminum and steel) piece, very accurate and really heavy - I mean Master Replicas Stormtrooper blaster heavy (and Master Replicas quality), the pike is 122 cm long when assembled, and you could beat someone with it easily like with a baseball bat. The finishing is simply amazing, all the details and chroming are beautifully crafted. Such an elegant prop! Pics don't do it justice. More pics later on.

Looks great Sergiu!! This is more in my ball park!

Congrats mate!

Regards,

Alberto

Reaction score
The original Royal Guard artwork by the talented Howard Chin/Art of Tzu arrived, and after being professionally framed, it was proudly displayed next to the RPF Force Pike replica - such beautiful bright red color in that small corner:

Reaction score
Neat little corner there, Sergiu.
Thank you Paul!

I'm also trying to finally figure out where to put the EFX Death Star Panel I got some time ago. I don't like having stuff boxed. And after deciding it won't go in another place it might go next to the MR Force FX sabers on the wall. We'll see

Reaction score
Armada Super Star Destroyer arrived, what a huge and cool piece. Pretty sturdy, reasonably accurate (considering it is not a studio scale model), and with tons of beautiful details on top and underneath. I might try to get a better base for it in time, but for now it will do. Glad I got it, beautiful collectible:

Last edited:
Reaction score
That's pretty cool Serg! Almost to scale, well Kenner scale anyways. I actually like the base though.