‘Revenge of the Jedi.’ Anakin vs.Tuskens!!!!!!!

Joined
Oct 8, 2006
Messages
3,810
Reaction score
0
Location
Lynn, MA.
From July 4th Q & A:
Q.
Any word on when an Attack of the Clones, Anakin vs Tusken Raiders diorama is coming out? And, will it be in the same scale as the other ones? (EX: Obi-Wan vs. Anakin, Diplomatic Mission, Qui-Gon/Obi/Maul, etc) I HOPE!

A.
The sculpture for the diorama is done, and it’s tentatively titled ‘Revenge of the Jedi.’ It is in the same scale, approximately 1:9, as the previous diorama entries, making it a pretty big, and pretty complex!






I CAN NOT WAIT for this diorama!!!!!!!!!

Since SS avoided the release date part of the question I hope they announce it this month!!!!!
 
Joined
Mar 1, 2004
Messages
10,736
Reaction score
0
Location
Las Vegas
Re: ‘Revenge of the Jedi.’ Anakin vs.Tuskens!!!!!!

There is so many other dio's that could be made instead...Im not saying I hate, but I'll wait to see what SSC puts together.
 
Joined
Aug 29, 2007
Messages
6,085
Reaction score
0
Re: ‘Revenge of the Jedi.’ Anakin vs.Tuskens!!!!!!

I’ve been looking for a way to delve into the high-end collectibles however I don’t really think this will be my maiden purchase. But who knows, this has the potential too be something really epic and may be my first purchase – however it seems unlikely.
 
Joined
Feb 26, 2006
Messages
2,890
Reaction score
0
Re: ‘Revenge of the Jedi.’ Anakin vs.Tuskens!!!!!!

I am glad it will be 1/9 scale.
 
Joined
Aug 29, 2007
Messages
6,085
Reaction score
0
Re: ‘Revenge of the Jedi.’ Anakin vs.Tuskens!!!!!!

Also, to add, I think the title ‘Revenge of a Jedi’ instead of ‘Revenge of the Jedi’ would have been more appropriate, but I digress
.
 
Joined
Oct 8, 2006
Messages
3,810
Reaction score
0
Location
Lynn, MA.
Re: ‘Revenge of the Jedi.’ Anakin vs.Tuskens!!!!!!

I've been waiting for something unique and epic for the dioramas line for each film, I have the Duel of the Fates for TPM, Anakin vs. Obi-Wan for ROTS and Vader's Diplomatic Mission for ANH, I'm holding out for a Luke vs. Vader from ESB, don't know what I want form ROTJ...yet. This will hopefully be the ONE for my AOTC spot!!! If not, I'll re-buy the Yoda vs. Dooku.
I strongly feel this dio is going to WOW me!!!!!
 
Joined
Aug 19, 2005
Messages
1,724
Reaction score
2
Location
Michigan
Re: ‘Revenge of the Jedi.’ Anakin vs.Tuskens!!!!!!

lordquigon said:
I've been waiting for something unique and epic for the dioramas line for each film, I have the Duel of the Fates for TPM, Anakin vs. Obi-Wan for ROTS and Vader's Diplomatic Mission for ANH, I'm holding out for a Luke vs. Vader from ESB, don't know what I want form ROTJ...yet. This will hopefully be the ONE for my AOTC spot!!! If not, I'll re-buy the Yoda vs. Dooku.
I strongly feel this dio is going to WOW me!!!!!
For ROTJ you need Luke, beaten, on the floor, with Vader holding the Emperor over his head. Lightning everywhere.
 
Joined
Oct 8, 2006
Messages
3,810
Reaction score
0
Location
Lynn, MA.
Re: ‘Revenge of the Jedi.’ Anakin vs.Tuskens!!!!!!

I REALLY hope SS announces this, this month! I'm itching to pre-order something I can't afford!



I've been waiting on these for a year now!
Come on SS, don't let me down.
 
Joined
Jan 22, 2004
Messages
8,622
Reaction score
3
Location
UT
Re: ‘Revenge of the Jedi.’ Anakin vs.Tuskens!!!!!!

I'm excited for this one, too. It's my favorite scene in AOTC, and I'm a sucker for anything Tatooine related.
 
Joined
Oct 8, 2006
Messages
3,810
Reaction score
0
Location
Lynn, MA.
Re: ‘Revenge of the Jedi.’ Anakin vs.Tuskens!!!!!!

I hope SS puts this up SOON! This is one of my MOST anticipated pieces!
 
Joined
May 23, 2000
Messages
736
Reaction score
0
Location
Hoth
Re: ‘Revenge of the Jedi.’ Anakin vs.Tuskens!!!!!!

Let's just hope it doesn't come with a sound clip of the worst acting in the Saga when he goes back and cries to Padme. I still have to mute that part when it comes on.
 
Joined
Oct 8, 2006
Messages
3,810
Reaction score
0
Location
Lynn, MA.
Re: ‘Revenge of the Jedi.’ Anakin vs.Tuskens!!!!!!

Hothwampa said:
worst acting in the Saga

I strongly disagree! That's one of THE best scenes in the saga!

Bad acting? Did you not see Harrison in ROTJ? The only acting from any of the main characters in the saga I consider bad.
 
Joined
Aug 7, 2001
Messages
23,498
Reaction score
52
Location
Dracula's Castle
Re: ‘Revenge of the Jedi.’ Anakin vs.Tuskens!!!!!!

Hothwampa said:
Let's just hope it doesn't come with a sound clip of the worst acting in the Saga when he goes back and cries to Padme. I still have to mute that part when it comes on.
Same here, we got the whole saga on a Romanian TV channel past weekends, and I watched Hayden as future Darth Vader whining a lot, maybe even more than Luke...
 
Joined
Mar 7, 2002
Messages
24,405
Reaction score
11
Location
Midwest
Re: ‘Revenge of the Jedi.’ Anakin vs.Tuskens!!!!!!

lordquigon said:
Hothwampa said:
worst acting in the Saga

I strongly disagree! That's one of THE best scenes in the saga!

Bad acting? Did you not see Harrison in ROTJ? The only acting from any of the main characters in the saga I consider bad.
Seriously, what are you smoking dude???


That Hayden scene is beyond laughable. Actually, the scene prior to that with his mother is probably the most painful to watch - "Annie....Annie....Annie...." {shudders} No worries for me as I've purged the PT DVD's and won't be subjected to it ever again....hehehe.
 
Joined
Mar 27, 2006
Messages
27,256
Reaction score
0
Re: ‘Revenge of the Jedi.’ Anakin vs.Tuskens!!!!!!

Ah, waiting for the BluRays I see.
 
Joined
Oct 8, 2006
Messages
3,810
Reaction score
0
Location
Lynn, MA.
Re: ‘Revenge of the Jedi.’ Anakin vs.Tuskens!!!!!!

DarthBeek said:
lordquigon said:
Hothwampa said:
worst acting in the Saga

I strongly disagree! That's one of THE best scenes in the saga!

Bad acting? Did you not see Harrison in ROTJ? The only acting from any of the main characters in the saga I consider bad.
Seriously, what are you smoking dude???


That Hayden scene is beyond laughable. Actually, the scene prior to that with his mother is probably the most painful to watch - "Annie....Annie....Annie...." {shudders} No worries for me as I've purged the PT DVD's and won't be subjected to it ever again....hehehe.
I'm DEAD serious! Hayden did a fantastic job, in my opinion!

Laughable, come on, did you not see Han and Leia's final kiss? That's laughable!
Harrison in ROTJ didn't want to to do and you can tell. The OT was not always considered "classic" it got the same criticism as the PT, acting, directing, script, sacrificing story for FX, the only difference is some of us old times can't let go of the nostalgia. We made them what they are "classic". As will the next generation with the PT. Which are also "classic". I only hope they'll be able to look past the cynical old timers and see Star Wars for what it really is, a classic six film saga!

Oh yeah, Luke whines a HELL of a lot more then Anakin!


CAN"T WAIT FOR THIS DIO!!!!!!! And the bluray set!!!
 
Joined
Nov 21, 2005
Messages
6,420
Reaction score
0
Re: ‘Revenge of the Jedi.’ Anakin vs.Tuskens!!!!!!

lordquigon said:
Oh yeah, Luke whines a HELL of a lot more then Anakin!
In one movie, yes, but throughout the last two films it's nothing but pissing and moaning from one of the worst actors of our time.

Sacrificing story for FX? Are you high, if anything they sacrificed FX for story in ROTJ.
 
Joined
Sep 27, 2006
Messages
3,458
Reaction score
0
Re: ‘Revenge of the Jedi.’ Anakin vs.Tuskens!!!!!!

Love em all but I do like the OT better. Mainly because of the feel from the movies.
I'll say this though my brother and I always talk about how we would remake the originals. There are some things that would have made it even better.
PT is Star Wars just as much too me it's just a different era in cinema and things are not gonna be like they were. Not in a bad way for me but in a good way.
I simply could not vanquish the PT from existance even if I didnt like it though. It's Star Wars man come on dont be silly. OT had some corny stuff going on too.

Oh and when my son Lucas is born in January he will watch OT first

PS
Luke only whined in ANH then grew impatient in ESB but maturing. Then by ROTJ he was Jedi like his father before him

As for this dio, I think it's gonna look pretty sweet.
 
Joined
Sep 9, 2010
Messages
160
Reaction score
0
Re: ‘Revenge of the Jedi.’ Anakin vs.Tuskens!!!!!!

Joda76 said:
Love em all but I do like the OT better. Mainly because of the feel from the movies.
I'll say this though my brother and I always talk about how we would remake the originals. There are some things that would have made it even better.
PT is Star Wars just as much too me it's just a different era in cinema and things are not gonna be like they were. Not in a bad way for me but in a good way.
I simply could not vanquish the PT from existance even if I didnt like it though. It's Star Wars man come on dont be silly. OT had some corny stuff going on too.

Oh and when my son Lucas is born in January he will watch OT first

PS
Luke only whined in ANH then grew impatient in ESB but maturing. Then by ROTJ he was Jedi like his father before him

As for this dio, I think it's gonna look pretty sweet.
I have to agree with you but is that Tusken's head cut off!?!?!?!?!

SWEEEEEET!!!!
 
Joined
Oct 8, 2006
Messages
3,810
Reaction score
0
Location
Lynn, MA.
Re: ‘Revenge of the Jedi.’ Anakin vs.Tuskens!!!!!!

From 10/30 Q & A:

Q: Please, please, please; can you give us an update on the ‘Attack of the Clones’ Anakin vs. Tusken Raiders diorama! When will we see it?

A: You’ll be seeing the finished prototype very, very soon! It’s KILLER


The anticipation is KILLING me! I hope we see this before Dec.!
 
Joined
Mar 7, 2002
Messages
24,405
Reaction score
11
Location
Midwest
Re: ‘Revenge of the Jedi.’ Anakin vs.Tuskens!!!!!!

Looks like Anakin from the old Unleashed line, and that's not a good thing. The one arm is in the exact same position.

 
Joined
Jan 22, 2004
Messages
8,622
Reaction score
3
Location
UT
Re: ‘Revenge of the Jedi.’ Anakin vs.Tuskens!!!!!!

Awesome. Can't wait for the full reveal.
 
Joined
Mar 7, 2002
Messages
24,405
Reaction score
11
Location
Midwest
Re: ‘Revenge of the Jedi.’ Anakin vs.Tuskens!!!!!!

lordquigon said:
HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait, can't wait, can't F'IN WAIT!!!!!!!



This just made my day!!!!!!!!
There's gotta be something wrong with you.....this bizarro world where the Prequels are seen as good SW films.


I kid, I kid......still have to give you a hard time.

But seriously, this has Hasbro Unleashed written ALL over it.
 
Joined
Oct 8, 2006
Messages
3,810
Reaction score
0
Location
Lynn, MA.
Re: ‘Revenge of the Jedi.’ Anakin vs.Tuskens!!!!!!

DarthBeek said:
lordquigon said:
HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait, can't wait, can't F'IN WAIT!!!!!!!



This just made my day!!!!!!!!
There's gotta be something wrong with you.....this bizarro world where the Prequels are seen as good SW films.


I kid, I kid......still have to give you a hard time.

But seriously, this has Hasbro Unleashed written ALL over it.
It's cool. I can give it right back just as good!


And the PT aren't "good" Star Wars films, THERE GREAT!!!!!AWESOME!!!!!!BRILLIANT!!!!!MASTERPIECES!!!!!
I do not kid!


I just don't see the Hasbro in it.
 
Joined
Mar 7, 2002
Messages
24,405
Reaction score
11
Location
Midwest
Re: ‘Revenge of the Jedi.’ Anakin vs.Tuskens!!!!!!

lordquigon said:
And the PT aren't "good" Star Wars films, THERE GREAT!!!!!AWESOME!!!!!!BRILLIANT!!!!!MASTERPIECES!!!!!
I do not kid!
Ohhh, I have some colorful adjectives I could use....


lordquigon said:
I just don't see the Hasbro in it.
C'mon now, look at the Unleashed Anakin and look at what SS is making.
 
Joined
Oct 3, 2005
Messages
2,883
Reaction score
0
Location
Valrico, FL
Re: ‘Revenge of the Jedi.’ Anakin vs.Tuskens!!!!!!

it does look unleashed but It is impressive, Remember there are 6 films. episodes 4-6 were great but it took 1-3 to make them classics. I welcome more episode 1 and 2 items.
 
Joined
Oct 8, 2006
Messages
3,810
Reaction score
0
Location
Lynn, MA.
Re: ‘Revenge of the Jedi.’ Anakin vs.Tuskens!!!!!!

DarthBeek said:
Ohhh, I have some colorful adjectives I could use....


.
Oh man, don't hurt your self!


The Unleashed where over exaggerated unrealistic poses. I've not seen that with any SS statues. This looks to be no different. Anakin's arm looks to be in a natural angle, the Unleashed not so.



ddoughboy1978 said:
it does look unleashed but It is impressive, Remember there are 6 films. episodes 4-6 were great but it took 1-3 to make them classics. I welcome more episode 1 and 2 items.
I welcome them too!!!!!!!!!

To me ALL six films are Classic!
 
Joined
Aug 1, 2006
Messages
5,044
Reaction score
6
Location
Charleston, SC
Re: ‘Revenge of the Jedi.’ Anakin vs.Tuskens!!!!!!

So I guess no Tusken heads rolling in the dirt like the concept art...
 
Joined
Sep 27, 2006
Messages
3,458
Reaction score
0
Re: ‘Revenge of the Jedi.’ Anakin vs.Tuskens!!!!!!

OT elitists would say otherwise
 
Joined
Jan 22, 2004
Messages
8,622
Reaction score
3
Location
UT
Re: ‘Revenge of the Jedi.’ Anakin vs.Tuskens!!!!!!

BenObi_70 said:
So I guess no Tusken heads rolling in the dirt like the concept art...
There could still be a head down there. We haven't seen the whole thing yet.
 
Joined
Aug 1, 2006
Messages
5,044
Reaction score
6
Location
Charleston, SC
Re: ‘Revenge of the Jedi.’ Anakin vs.Tuskens!!!!!!

The_Chosen_1 said:
BenObi_70 said:
So I guess no Tusken heads rolling in the dirt like the concept art...
There could still be a head down there. We haven't seen the whole thing yet.
True. I'm watching this with interest as I really don't care for my two Anakin GG busts at all and might consider this if they nail the likeness and the overall size isn't too massive.
 
Joined
Jan 22, 2004
Messages
8,622
Reaction score
3
Location
UT
Re: ‘Revenge of the Jedi.’ Anakin vs.Tuskens!!!!!!

Thinking about making the switch from GG to SS? It's a good chance to make.
 
Joined
Aug 1, 2006
Messages
5,044
Reaction score
6
Location
Charleston, SC
Re: ‘Revenge of the Jedi.’ Anakin vs.Tuskens!!!!!!

The_Chosen_1 said:
Thinking about making the switch from GG to SS? It's a good chance to make.
Not for all my stuff, just Anakin. I don't really get into this GG vs. SS debate. I like both companies a lot and buy what I like from both.
 
Top