Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UCS Star Destroyer Fragility Question

UCS Star Destroyer Fragility Question

I bought my UCS SD over a year ago and now finally have some space to build it and display it. I can't remember if it was a thread or a website where I read that the bottom of the SD is not stable or doesn't hold up well and someone made a list of a few extra pieces I could buy that would make it more stable/solid. I can't seem to find out where I read that. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance!

Re: UCS Star Destroyer Fragility Question

I can't but I know a mod exists. I tried to find the info you are looking for but couldn't. I'd be very interested in reading about a fix too.

Jeremy
    LEGO Star Wars content manager - Rebelscum
    LEGO Star Wars forum administrator - Rebelscum
    RLFM Representative - LEGO Ambassador Network

Quote Originally Posted by oneknightr
    I bought my UCS SD over a year ago and now finally have some space to build it and display it. I can't remember if it was a thread or a website where I read that the bottom of the SD is not stable or doesn't hold up well and someone made a list of a few extra pieces I could buy that would make it more stable/solid. I can't seem to find out where I read that. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance!
    It isn't the most stable piece in the world, but the base was never my issue. Mine holds up fine as built.

Yup, it's more about keeping the bottom plates held on.

Jeremy
    LEGO Star Wars content manager - Rebelscum
    LEGO Star Wars forum administrator - Rebelscum
    RLFM Representative - LEGO Ambassador Network

Yeah, noticed that issue when I try and move it around.
    "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him" I Corinthians 2:9 NIV

Man, I have searched and searched, and can't find info on that mod.

From what I remember, it involved placing technic pins in the base stand, at the right place such that they would support the lower wings.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxWedge
    Man, I have searched and searched, and can't find info on that mod.

From what I remember, it involved placing technic pins in the base stand, at the right place such that they would support the lower wings.
    Wasn't there something about extra magnets too? I'd say that is my bigger problem is keeping those magnets from coming apart if I do have to move it. Luckily it is in a stable postition and won't have to be moved for some time.

From what I remember reading on some website a long time ago, it had to do with buying extra pieces to be added to the frame/infrastructure to make it more stable.

I'm still searching for that site, but no luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast