Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SW Patch Collectors?

Re: SW Patch Collectors?

Great stuff and I am really impressed with some of the patches I have seen lately. The Celebration 4 patches were awesome from the PA and DC clubs. I picked up a few odd odds and a lot of the fan club ones over the years.

How do you store them?

James G
    Vlix Character Collector
    Unproduced Droids & Ewoks Figure & Coin Collector.
    Looking for Foreign Droids and Ewoks items.

Quote Originally Posted by James_Gallo
    Great stuff and I am really impressed with some of the patches I have seen lately. The Celebration 4 patches were awesome from the PA and DC clubs. I picked up a few odd odds and a lot of the fan club ones over the years.

How do you store them?

James G

Thanks man and yes, SW club patches are great and some times very hard to find depending on the size of the club and the run size. I plan to separate all of the club patches I have now in my general SW section, into a new section as soon as I can. And would love to see anything else you or anyone might have that I have not seen yet.

As for storage, that is one of the reason I stopped collecting modern figures, I ran out of room. But patches store very easy in anything you might have. Any type of drawer you might have available or plastic tote of any kind. Right now the bulk of my collection is in one of those tall stand up plastic drawer organizers. I recently just started dividing them all up into categories a little better. And I an now testing out putting the patches in 3-ring binders with those clear card holder sheets and photo pages. The patches rage in size so much that it's hard to find a divided page that fits perfect for all the sizes.

And while I am here today, I wanted to post one of my favorite recent patch finds. It's from my SW military section and one from the Navy's Star Warriors group.

I think James asked about displaying the Patches. I actually found a cheap double matted frame at Michaels for less than $10 (they had a sale on framed art). It actually had a pic of a flower in the middle that the patch fit over quite nicely, a perfect fit. For some reason the framed stuff is sometimes much cheaper than just the frames. You can always remove whatever is framed, or place something over it.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v2...SCIIIpatch.jpg

Then I take the frame around to our events and have the memebrs sign it. Just an idea.
    Western PA contact www.pswcs.com
    You are a meat head, dead from the neck up....a meathad.-Archie Bunker

Kenny, WOW....that is some patch collection....I have my small collection in frames, not hung up yet....but framed.

I was thinking how they could be displayed...all of yours, but I am drawing a blank...either way..great collection
    LOOKING FOR: Chewbacca items, ANY Chewbacca items. The odder the better.

Ken,

By the way, I left you a PM, hope you got it!
    Western PA contact www.pswcs.com
    You are a meat head, dead from the neck up....a meathad.-Archie Bunker

Is this yahoo group still active? Met a lot of other patch collectors at cvi and I'm sure there would be a lot of interest.

Quote Originally Posted by babylon View Post
    Is this yahoo group still active? Met a lot of other patch collectors at cvi and I'm sure there would be a lot of interest.
    Have also wondered where the patch collectors hang out.
    Disclaimer: No vintage MOCs (or baggies) were harmed during the preparation of this post.
    Skye: "You can put lipstick on an Ugnaught bootleg, but it is still an Ugnaught bootleg."

I actually had a question for your patch folk.

Did you all participate in Boy Scouts as a kid? I was wondering if that was part of the nostalgia.
    The Star Wars Collectors Archive Vintage Podcast:
    Now in its 8th Season and 6th Year WAMPA WAMPA!!!
    (A Chewbacca Collection The Chewseum)

Quote Originally Posted by skye View Post
    I actually had a question for your patch folk.

Did you all participate in Boy Scouts as a kid? I was wondering if that was part of the nostalgia.
    Oh wow, didn't even think about that but yes, I still have my Scout stuff.
    Disclaimer: No vintage MOCs (or baggies) were harmed during the preparation of this post.
    Skye: "You can put lipstick on an Ugnaught bootleg, but it is still an Ugnaught bootleg."

I posted this pic in the CVI give away thread, but this seems like an appropriate place to re post. This is most of my patch collection. I have the CV Boba Fett collector club set and the Rebelscum OPX set. I can add pics of those later.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast