Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: POTF2 worth keeping?

POTF2 worth keeping?

I have tonnes of inferior POTF2 figures, both sealed and loose. Now that Hasbro is releasing new sculpts of a lot of these characters, I have been considering ditching my POTF2 collection for whtever I can get for them.

I have noticed on eBay that most of the figures are only worth a few dollars anyway.

1 thing is I still have a POTF2 Y-Wing MIB that I don't know if I am going to unload or not. I paid $130 Cdn for it back in the day and now I noticed that they are going for $50 on eBay.

Should I get rid of ths stuff at a loss or wait and see if the value goes up?

Or should I just keep my POTF2 stuff in my collection?

Anyone else get rid of their POTF2?
    Who's scruffy lookin'?

Re: POTF2 worth keeping?

if you must do what you feel right?

and no i'm not giving up my POTF2 i've worked on my collection for ten years.

True enough. But with so many years of collecting ahead, I will run out of room soon.

I don't display any of my POTF2 figures. They're all just piled in a drawer.

I guess the main thing is I am worried that once I get rid of them, several months down the road I will really wish I didn't.

Confused.
    Who's scruffy lookin'?

yeah I understand I felt that way when I gave away my
    non-Star Wars toys

I don't really display my POTF2 figures either, because
    they are in a traveling trunk

I'd be interested in certain ones if they are canadian versions and you start selling.

I hear ya, my newer figures are edging out my POTF2 collection little by little. Eventually, I'll just be displaying the figures that haven't been updated since.

...plus I like to keep a set of the POTF2 versions of the "Original 12." out on display. I don't know why, it just amuses me.
    FigureFan's Toy Blog

Transformers / GI Joe / DC / Marvel / Doctor Who / Star Wars / And more!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Tedious
    I have tonnes of inferior POTF2 figures, both sealed and loose. Now that Hasbro is releasing new sculpts of a lot of these characters, I have been considering ditching my POTF2 collection for whtever I can get for them.

I have noticed on eBay that most of the figures are only worth a few dollars anyway.

1 thing is I still have a POTF2 Y-Wing MIB that I don't know if I am going to unload or not. I paid $130 Cdn for it back in the day and now I noticed that they are going for $50 on eBay.

Should I get rid of ths stuff at a loss or wait and see if the value goes up?

I have tons of POTF2 stuff myself and I really don't plan on getting rid of any of it. To me, since I've been a fan since the original movies, that was the return of Star Wars toys... as ugly as they were.

If you still have an interest in them, keep them. If not and you want to focus on other figure lines, sell them. If your waiting on the value to go up, good luck. Very, very, very, very, very few figures these days have great monetary value. Remeber when POTF2 Lando was like $40 because he was really hard to find for a while? I pitty the people that bought 5 or 6 of him. Even the TAC figures of today... some are a little high because you can't find them in Target anymore. They are just the current HOT item. In a year when a different line is filling the pegs their value will go down, too. By then we may no longer see SAGA figures on the pegs .
    Steven A. Weimer

"Only a bootleg collector would be happy with a 1 armed prune face that looks like it has passed through the family pet " - Joshua_A

Same dilemma here. I thought about selling them, but then I thought about the time it took me to amass them. I agree with Rebojazz in that they are part of the history of Star Wars toys (an important part of history at that). I as well have the "original 12" put aside so I can put them on display again. It is nice to see the evolution from the vintage days all the way through to the present. Sell off doubles but keep the rest, 'cause someday you might be kicking yourself hard for not keeping them. Good luck!
    "Commander Cody, The time has come..."

I dont mind keeping a MOC POTF fig if it's the first-ever version of a character (Biggs, Tarkin, Aunt Beru, Uncle Owen, etc). There will always be newer, "better" versions, but there can only be one first.

Also, loose POTF troop builders add some variety, and are great for "beefing up" the ranks.
    EU= fanfic

Well, since I've recently made the decision to scale drastically back on the new stuff, and go for what I consider the SUPERIOR POTF2 stuff, my advice is obviously going to be keep them! POTF2 is the ONLY modern line that can hold a light to the original vintage. I may post some thoughts on my recent 'conversion', so I'll be able to explain my reasoning.

But keep them! POTF2 rocks!
    The Death Star plans are NOT in the main computer!

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast