Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: POTF2 worth keeping?

Re: POTF2 worth keeping?

Thanks for the input.

Cheers!

Who's scruffy lookin'?

If you really don't want them, why not donate them to a nearby Childrens Charity or something?
    Looking for a MOMC set of Episode I (2-Inch) Mini Figures and Anakin/Naboo Fighter set.
    http://www.rebelscum.com/episodeIminifigs.asp

Some of the POTF2 items are worth keeping because they do not have a more detailed version yet (Owen, Beru, Zuckuss). Some other things, like the EU Concept Vehicles (Airspeeder, Cloud Car, Speeder Bike) are unique enough that they have their own charm. And, as has been said, some of the POTF2 figures are good for scene fillers.

Quote Originally Posted by JediJunkie247
    Some of the POTF2 items are worth keeping because they do not have a more detailed version yet (Owen, Beru, Zuckuss). Some other things, like the EU Concept Vehicles (Airspeeder, Cloud Car, Speeder Bike) are unique enough that they have their own charm. And, as has been said, some of the POTF2 figures are good for scene fillers.
    Couldn't agree more. For sure I won't be getting rid of any characters that have not had better sculpts to replace them yet (I'm looking at YOU Ponda Baba!) Plus I really like those concept vehicles, even if the pilots are kind of poorly done.

Many of my droid and alien POTF2 will be customized for just that- scene filler.
    Who's scruffy lookin'?

I'd say they are worth keeping because they are the last figures that Kenner ever made (before Hasbro closed their doors in 2000). Remember, Hasbro bought Kenner, but the POTF2 figures were sold under the Kenner brand (the figures and cards were labeled with the Kenner logo). This was from the 1995 Luke through the 1998 Leia Hoth. After that, they were sold just under the Hasbro name (Flashback figures onward).

Keep em.

POTF2 is only worth keeping from a completist or nostalgic POV. As an investment, the line will never hold any value, save for a few variations.
    "If one can not say what he means, he can never mean what he says." - B5 "Into the Fire" Lord Durano to Prime Minister Mollari

Maybe this will help Darth-Tedious. I've considered selling mine too but have no interest in doing so, since A: it would take alot of time, and B: even though I feel I could get back what I paid for them, it would be a lot of trouble for about $1,000 or so I guess, maybe more since it's pretty much all but four or five rare POTF2 variants.

What you have to ask yourself is, is the money you'd get for them worth the time, trouble, and most importantly, NOT having them anymore. I'm not trying to psychoanalyze you or anything, but what occurs to me is that if you don't know for sure that you definitely want to get rid of them and get it over with, then some part of you definitely still wants them. And it would be much more palatable to have them, and occationally wonder if you should get rid of them, than it would be to get rid of them, and occationally feel like crap because they're gone. That's what I think anyway. That can be moved from place to placed and stored where they're out of the way, and then they're not in the way, but you still have them, and since the money you'd get for them would be not much, maybe even less than you paid for them all totaled up, even better to keep them so you don't take a loss. That's what I think. Whatever you do, you have to do what you know feels right for you, regardless of what anyone says. It is a hard decision for sure, but I think you're right in asking. It's nice having a sounding board to see what others think. Good luck!

**cough, cough, keep em',cough cough** Heheheh.
    http://threads.rebelscum.com/showfla...Number=2433593
    -----------------------------------------------
    WANT: Y-Wing pk.in R5-F7(white,yellow trim)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Tedious
    I have tonnes of inferior POTF2 figures,I have been considering ditching my POTF2 collection for whatever I can get for them.
    I agree the POTF2 figures are inferior to what is and has been made available the last couple of years. I sold just about every POTF2 figure I owned except those that have not yet had an upgrade. I also sold them dirt cheap just to be rid of them.

Quote Originally Posted by LordDarkHelmet
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Tedious
    I have tonnes of inferior POTF2 figures,I have been considering ditching my POTF2 collection for whatever I can get for them.
    I agree the POTF2 figures are inferior to what is and has been made available the last couple of years. I sold just about every POTF2 figure I owned except those that have not yet had an upgrade. I also sold them dirt cheap just to be rid of them.
    POTF2 is way better than the new stuff. Good sculpts, and they don't fall apart if you look at them too sternly.
    The Death Star plans are NOT in the main computer!

I have allot of MOC POTF figures too...but wont get what I at least paid for...so I'm keeping them.
    <font color="#006400">Proud Member of the 501st....Yodascorch is TD 3165 Sandtrooper

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast