Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: POTF2 worth keeping?

I miss the shear buzz of the '95 era with the POTF2 stuff. Shops loaded, supermarkets with shelves full as if it was the 70's again.

All the POTF2 I ever bought I still have in stash, Red, Green, Freeze Frames, you name it, still got it all. The one area I still actively collect is the Red card stuff, singles, deluxe and what ever I can get hold of. Variants, short and long sabers, tray variants, US, Canadian, UK and Italian

Including SOTE Red cards I have 80 various in the stash. The Red holds the most nostalgia for me as they were the first cards I bought back in '95.

Quote Originally Posted by commanderbacara View Post
    I miss the shear buzz of the '95 era with the POTF2 stuff. Shops loaded, supermarkets with shelves full as if it was the 70's again.

All the POTF2 I ever bought I still have in stash, Red, Green, Freeze Frames, you name it, still got it all. The one area I still actively collect is the Red card stuff, singles, deluxe and what ever I can get hold of. Variants, short and long sabers, tray variants, US, Canadian, UK and Italian

Including SOTE Red cards I have 80 various in the stash. The Red holds the most nostalgia for me as they were the first cards I bought back in '95.
    This is a great comment! I too miss that time period along with the release of the prequel figures! It was an exciting time to be a SW fan for sure. I remember the first time I saw the new POTF2 cards at a mall at KB Toys and bought them all! My then GF was not too pleased, but oh well. That went to hunts for long vs short sabers, 3 pack movie scenes, dots on Boba's gloves to the foil vs non foil cross over wave. The pain it was to secure a Biker Scout, etc. All fond memories.

As for the original post, if you like them keep them. I still think they are great figures and it was an awesome line. The value is no longer there but to me that is all the more reason to hold onto them, because you should collect what you love.

I sold my whole collection about 15 years ago. I just started to drift more into Koto SW statues and Unleashed figures at the time, then to my current collection of SW mini busts and hardbound books (along with a couple full size Boba Fett statues). I guess I "made out" because I sold while the market was still strong, but I do miss these figures. It became a space issue for me so I never got back into them, even though now would be the time for that .
    He's no good to me dead!

Some of my main character POTF’2 I replaced with later sculpts, but I still have a number of figures from those days. Some examples are the Cantina aliens, let alone the Jawas with the little light-piping on top of their heads to make their eyes glow. Also some of the menagerie from Jabba’s Palace. Boy, I can still remember the two packs of the band members being Walmart exclusives when I was in college.

I had maybe 3 dozen figures from the 80’s, and when the new line hit in the mid-90’s, it was like the collecting fever had struck again, and I had money to spend!
    "I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of oysters cried out in terror...and were suddenly silenced."

I tried to resist, I really did lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm holding onto most of my POTF2 era aliens, because Hasbro likely wont get to all of them when it comes to resculpts. Not to mention, many still have a certain charm, which makes me want to keep them in my collection. There were a number of POTF2 figures that I sliced up for customs, now I regret doing that for some characters, and I'm slowing adding them back to my collection! I'm happy to have more than one version of a character, especially when they look vastly different.

POTF2 worth keeping?

Indeed, would never get rid of my POTF2 stuff simply because it is not popular in the light of more modern waves. There is a lot of history, a lot of charm and lets not forget the age of these figures now? These things should be looking at getting awarded vintage status soon at 25 years old for the initial waves.

Sent by holonet.
    Last edited by commanderbacara; 08-06-2019 at 10:24 AM.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112