Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Novelization: History and Help

Re: Star Wars Novelization: History and Help

Quote Originally Posted by leesweinberg
    I believe that is the gold hardcover book (only without the dustjacket, obviously).
    That's correct. You can confirm this by checking the indicia (the text inside that lists the publisher, and date, etc) and see that this was published by Del Rey in Oct 1977.
    "When you ask for trouble, you shouldn't be surprised when it finds you." - Plo Koon
    My Wish List

So I found yet ANOTHER variation, and I'll post the image to the main post (and Jedi Journals) once I get it scanned; but the 39th printing has the Green Logo, a Red Circle, but with Black (instead of white) text.

I'd still be interested to find one example of each printing....I know, it's a little nutz!

**UPDATED** Added the new scan to the first post, it's the 10th image from the left. 39th Printing. How many more variations are there!?!?!?
    "When you ask for trouble, you shouldn't be surprised when it finds you." - Plo Koon
    My Wish List

Regarding the Empire and Jedi hardcovers referenced above -- I recently discovered a non-Book Club edition of Splinter of the Mind's Eye in hardcover, which I did not know existed. Previously, I thought this and the first Han Solo novels were only available in hardcover from the book club. Also found the first Solo novel in a non-BC hardcover edition. So you never know about the Empire and Jedi novels...

Quote Originally Posted by swposterguy
    Regarding the Empire and Jedi hardcovers referenced above -- I recently discovered a non-Book Club edition of Splinter of the Mind's Eye in hardcover, which I did not know existed. Previously, I thought this and the first Han Solo novels were only available in hardcover from the book club. Also found the first Solo novel in a non-BC hardcover edition. So you never know about the Empire and Jedi novels...
    Where did you find one? These are hard to find and are almost always well over $100.00 if the condition is decent.
    Convention Autographs & Internet Sales - Official Pix by C2 Ventures
    Administrator - The Registry
    Co-Founder - Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance
    President - Tampa Star Wars Club

Chris -- I'd actually located these in Lucasfilm's licensing archives, and was surprised to find them since I wasn't aware they existed. Do you know if the second and third Solo novels were available in non-BC hardcover? I didn't find these two...

Quote Originally Posted by swposterguy
    Chris -- I'd actually located these in Lucasfilm's licensing archives, and was surprised to find them since I wasn't aware they existed. Do you know if the second and third Solo novels were available in non-BC hardcover? I didn't find these two...
    Here's the second one. I haven't found the third yet to confirm.

Convention Autographs & Internet Sales - Official Pix by C2 Ventures
    Administrator - The Registry
    Co-Founder - Star Wars Grand Florida Alliance
    President - Tampa Star Wars Club

My mistake -- the Solo book you have pictured is the one I was referring to. So we don't know if the first and third have non-BC hardcover editions, although I'm gonna bet that the first, at least, was done.

Quote Originally Posted by kitfistofan
    i will have pictures soon if you need it i found (and bought) at a garage sale for $4 it is just a black cover with Star Wars on the front cover on the spine it says Star Wars George Lucas Del-Rey
    wow, now i realized how stupid i sounded lol
    "Perhaps you are the one that has changed."
    http://warsbook.ning.com/

Jay, I have a 35th printing I've had since the 80s. Nothing unusual; it looks like the 39th in your first post. If you'd like a scan, what do you want? Bitmap? File size? Where to send?
    STAR WARS 1977-2017 ~ Happy 40th!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tarfful
    Jay, I have a 35th printing I've had since the 80s. Nothing unusual; it looks like the 39th in your first post. If you'd like a scan, what do you want? Bitmap? File size? Where to send?
    If it's the same as the 39th, I'll make a note in the archives that 35th-39th are most likely the same.

Does it have a special indicia? Actually, what's the pub year in the indicia (the fine print at the beginning of the book)? Oh, and the price and the ISBN # would be sweet. You can PM me, post here or email to Jay at Rebelscum.com.

Thanks Tarfful!
    My Wish List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast