Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Novelization: History and Help

Re: Star Wars Novelization: History and Help

Quote Originally Posted by BryanSimmons

Are you talking about a paperback or a hardback? There are multiple paperbacks with the yellow banner but no hardbacks had the yellow banner as far as I know. If it is a hardback can you please post a picture?
    Paperback, sorry. I was explaining which version I found in my area, in response to a question about rarity. I totally forgot to specify cover type.

Here in the UK our cover for the original 77 paperback was white with the same design as the gold one pictured above. I(One with red Star Wars title)

I don't know if Jay is still checking this thread (heck, I missed it up in the sticky section) but I have a first edition paperback of the first printing of the novel. Jay, if you want a scan of the copyright page with the 'First Edition' designation drop me a PM and I can email you one.

Quote Originally Posted by Obi_Phantom_Jedi
    Here in the UK our cover for the original 77 paperback was white with the same design as the gold one pictured above. I(One with red Star Wars title)
    Link for one for sale on ebay now, '83 print.

I'm still checking this as long as people are posting stuff

Thanks for the offers on the first printing, but I have it. And as far as the UK edition, I'm concentrating (for good or worse) on the US versions. Thanks to everyone who has helped out so far.
    "When you ask for trouble, you shouldn't be surprised when it finds you." - Plo Koon
    My Wish List

I just picked up a beautiful copy of the gold hardcover edition of Star Wars. Just awesome quality -- near perfect!

Great thread!

A very beautiful edition indeed. I'm assuming a first printing...
    "When you ask for trouble, you shouldn't be surprised when it finds you." - Plo Koon
    My Wish List

Quote Originally Posted by Jovial_Jay
    A very beautiful edition indeed. I'm assuming a first printing...
    Yes it is. I didnt even know there were multiple printings of the gold hardcover. I thought that was why it was relatively limited...

i will have pictures soon if you need it i found (and bought) at a garage sale for $4 it is just a black cover with Star Wars on the front cover on the spine it says Star Wars George Lucas Del-Rey
    "Perhaps you are the one that has changed."
    http://warsbook.ning.com/

I believe that is the gold hardcover book (only without the dustjacket, obviously).

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast