Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Sarlacc Pit(2/5update)

Sarlacc Pit(2/5update)

I decided to give this a try. Anyway here is the first couple of pics:

Re: Sarlacc Pit(WIP)

Whoa, that is really nice. I'm looking forward to seeing this one progress.

I beg you... MAKE A MOLD! I am sure that several people, myself included, will want a copy of this.

I made a pit of Carkoon several years ago from the styrofoam packaging of a dome-shaped lamp that my mother bought off of QVC... its inverted sloping surface was perfect. I painted it and then used spray-mount adhesive to coat it with real sand. It's huge and will support two Skiffs and plenty of figures.

I even made a handful of poseable tentacles for the central hole, by dipping the twist-ties that came with the TRU TIE Interceptor into mold-making latex and letting it dry.

But I never actually made a Sarlacc. This would be perfect.

Alex
    "Hi, I'm Alex from Imperial Insurance."
    "Hey... don't you work for the Endor Express?"
    "I'm a man of many talents."
    -- The penultimate installment of Yak's Pub

Excellent as usual! Your sculpting skills are excellent. I love how you went to the trouble of making a tongue. Can't wait to see more.
    "Chewie, take The Professor in back and plug him into the hyperdrive!"

YakFace Forums

I agree with everyone else, excellent work!
    "If one can not say what he means, he can never mean what he says." - B5 "Into the Fire" Lord Durano to Prime Minister Mollari

Good job on the Sarlacc sculpt.
    In the second pic it reminded me of the Sandworms from DUNE. If your going to mass produce them would be a simple and cheap conversion. cheers

Wow this looks fantastic! I think the pit is a bit small in proportion, but that's not a nitpick - just an observation. I'd love to see something like like this released... this is easily one of the best pieces I've seen on the boards in my 6+ years here.

Ah! He's at it again!
    Great work so far!
    About the proportions, am I right assuming those rows of teeth are only the bottom ones and you still have to stack up several rows on top of them?

Outstanding! The detail is just amazing, keep up the great work.

Thanks for all the great feedback guys. I thought the teeth rings looked a little small in porportion to the head and your feedback seems to be along the same lines so I will make some more rings on top. I was hoping to get away with 3 those suckers are time comsuming. I think if I add a couple more it should look better. Again thanks for all the ideas and feedback it really helps a lot!

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast