Page 3 of 79 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Recent CD/Music purchases

Re: Recent CD/Music purchases

OK, this is a few weeks old, but Talib Kweli's Eardrum is one of the best albums I have purchased in a long, long time. Well worth $9.99 for the 20 tracks (no skits). Geniusly produced too... and no I don't mean GZA.
    My Collection Pics!! Feedback: http://forum.rebelscum.com/t936500/

A coward dies a thousand deaths... a soldier dies but once.
    I never sleep, 'cause sleep is the cousin of death.

Quote Originally Posted by ProgMatinee
    I bought the LOVE 5.1 mix and it is f'n brilliant. I wonder if Sgt Peppers will ever be mixed in 5.1.
    I can't even imagine how great that would be. I'll sell someone else's first born to get everything from Rubber Soul to the end in 5.1.

Quote Originally Posted by Ewok_Slayer
    I went to Best Buy and bought my first CD in over a year. It felt great to buy one in store rather than buy or pirate it online. I didn't see at thread already about this and since there is a DVD thread I figured this is a legit thread.

Same with me, I bought Venus Doom opening day. I also picked up Underoath's 777 (dvd) and Mindless Self Indulgence's You'll rebel To Anything.
    I picked up Venus Doom by HIM. Great album so far. You can tell it's them but it's much different. The music and his voice are more metal. Average song is about 5+ minutes.

I think I may go back and get the new Dropkick Murphys album

i haven't bought a cd since 2001, i pirate them cause i'm hardcore.

I went to Best Buy and bought my first CD in over a year. It felt great to buy one in store rather than buy or pirate it online. I didn't see at thread already about this and since there is a DVD thread I figured this is a legit thread.

I picked up Venus Doom by HIM. Great album so far. You can tell it's them but it's much different. The music and his voice are more metal. Average song is about 5+ minutes.

I can't support the Dropkick Murphys, thanks to them, one of my favorite bands of all time doesn't exist anymore.
    Al left The Bruisers(Best American Oi! band ever) to join Dropkick$, and to me his voice just doesn't fit their sound. So IF I decide to get the new CD, I'll DL it and keep my cash for a more deserving band.

J

Quote Originally Posted by JosephY

I can't support the Dropkick Murphys, thanks to them, one of my favorite bands of all time doesn't exist anymore.
    Al left The Bruisers(Best American Oi! band ever) to join Dropkick$, and to me his voice just doesn't fit their sound. So IF I decide to get the new CD, I'll DL it and keep my cash for a more deserving band.

J
    thats my one complaint with the album. The voice doesn't match the sound
    My Feedback

rEVOLution

I downloaded and paid for the Shins "chutes too narrow" last night.
    That album was in my top ten for a year after I bought it. A wonderful songcraft and sonic recording, I would've put this in my favorites list, but honestly, the other two albums aren't nearly as good.

Jill Scott - Real Thing: Words And Sounds Vol. 3

Quote Originally Posted by JosephY

J
    thats my one complaint with the album. The voice doesn't match the sound
    The stuff they released with the original singer (who left the band to become a firefighter) is great, his voice matches the sound perfectly. Al Barr should be singing angry street Rock&Roll,not watered down pop punk, his voice is much more suited for it. IF you want to hear Als voice in its proper suroundings, put down the new Dropkicks cd and go out and get The Bruisers singles collection cd, or "Cruisin' for a Bruisin'" .

Cheers
    J

Just bought HIM's new CD Venus Doom. Also, TFK's new one The Flame In All of Us and David Crowder's Remedy.

And hopefully this weekend I'll pick up the 2nd Volume of the Halo 2 Soundtrack.

November 20 marks the release of the Halo 3 OST. I can't WAIT to get this.

Page 3 of 79 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast